PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cincy has LB health problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070923026

Apparently, they were so low on LBs today they used some 5-DL looks out of desperation (the story's writer seems to think).

What does that suggest for gameplanning? My first thought is that putting them into a nickel would be a favor, so don't do it.

Maybe a lot of multi-TE packages again? RB/FB sets to help spring Maroney loose?

Last edited:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070923026

Apparently, they were so low on LBs today they used some 5-DL looks out of desperation (the story's writer seems to think).

What does that suggest for gameplanning? My first thought is that putting them into a nickel would be a favor, so don't do it.

Maybe a lot of multi-TE packages again? RB/FB sets to help spring Maroney loose?

Fencer all you need to do is look at what the Lions did against their secondary.

Its absolutely awful their entire defense is so bad and they have no one to put in there to make it any better. They're 29th defensively and giving up 400 YPG average. Breaking that down on how many yards they are giving up a play and it comes up to 6.2 yards a play!!!

They have also been a heavily penalized team already defensively.

This game looks like a no brainer.

Rudi Johnson left with a hamstring in the third quarter and LB Anthony Schlegel, starting for Ahmad Brooks, left with what the Bengals said was a back injury. Lewis said "I can't tell you right now" the severity of the injuries. ... The lack of healthy LBs forced third-string veteran Dhani Jones, signed this week, into the game and Cincinnati into five defensive linemen looks.

I love to hear that horrendous jet castaway Anthony Schlegel is playing major minutes for Cincy, as well as Chez Bowtie himself, Dhani Jones. Anyone know the severity of Rudi Johnson's injury?

Regardless of how thin Cincy's linebacking corps is,we are going to score points next Monday night.

The thing to wonder about then is how much points will be needed to win this game? - 30? - 40? - 50?

Cincy will score more than the 14 we have allowed as a high thus far and the secondary will be tested more than anything,This will show how much Rodney is missed at the Safety position and may possibly be a defining moment for Sanders who will be in on alot of plays.

Sounds like we'll be running lots of 2 and 3 tight end sets and ramming the ball down their throats :D

Cincy's D doesn't scare me - though we haven't faced a QB like Palmer yet this year.

Regardless of how thin Cincy's linebacking corps is,we are going to score points next Monday night.

The thing to wonder about then is how much points will be needed to win this game? - 30? - 40? - 50?

Cincy will score more than the 14 we have allowed as a high thus far and the secondary will be tested more than anything,This will show how much Rodney is missed at the Safety position and may possibly be a defining moment for Sanders who will be in on alot of plays.

Why? They didnt score that many points vs the seahawks. 50 points?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back