PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Churches in the News

Mrs.PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sex and money, sex and money.

Two Georgia men have filed suit claiming that prominent Atlanta pastor Eddie Long coerced them into sex.

The suits, filed Tuesday in DeKalb County, Georgia, allege that Long used his position as a spiritual authority and bishop to coerce young male members and employees of his New Birth Missionary Baptist Church into sex.

Men allege sexual coercion by prominent Atlanta pastor - CNN.com

-- Italian authorities are investigating the Vatican Bank over possible violations of money laundering regulations, the Bank of Italy told CNN Tuesday.

Another Italian bank alerted Bank of Italy investigators to two Vatican Bank transactions that did not appear to comply with anti-money laundering requirements, the Bank of Italy said.

When Bank of Italy investigators told legal authorities about the transactions, they were told that judicial authorities were already investigating the Vatican Bank, a source close to the investigation said.

Vatican Bank faces money-laundering probe - CNN.com

Sex and money, sex and money.

Two Georgia men have filed suit claiming that prominent Atlanta pastor Eddie Long coerced them into sex.

The suits, filed Tuesday in DeKalb County, Georgia, allege that Long used his position as a spiritual authority and bishop to coerce young male members and employees of his New Birth Missionary Baptist Church into sex.

Men allege sexual coercion by prominent Atlanta pastor - CNN.com

-- Italian authorities are investigating the Vatican Bank over possible violations of money laundering regulations, the Bank of Italy told CNN Tuesday.

Another Italian bank alerted Bank of Italy investigators to two Vatican Bank transactions that did not appear to comply with anti-money laundering requirements, the Bank of Italy said.

When Bank of Italy investigators told legal authorities about the transactions, they were told that judicial authorities were already investigating the Vatican Bank, a source close to the investigation said.

Vatican Bank faces money-laundering probe - CNN.com

These are the people who preach to the rest of us about our sinful ways. :lol2:

Stay away from churches, worship in your own garage or cellar.

It is not sex when they do it ... it is love.

I thought religion was not allowed on this forum.:confused:

Wasn't this the plot of Godfather III?

"I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice,
not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice."

Apparently only the Muslim religion is allowed on the political forum.

Apparently a government investigation into money laundering and another one into sexual abuse does not qualify as political.

Go figure.

I think hypocrites come in all shapes and sizes. Not sure that any of us can claim that we have never been guilty of it.

For example, Thomas Friedman said this last year (about Cap and Trade):

Yes, this bill’s goal of reducing U.S. carbon emissions to 17 percent below 2005 levels by 2020 is nowhere near what science tells us we need to mitigate climate change. But it also contains significant provisions to prevent new buildings from becoming energy hogs, to make our appliances the most energy efficient in the world and to help preserve forests in places like the Amazon.

Just Do It, New York Times, June 30, 2009

Here is Thomas Friedman's estate in Maryland:

1044fd39d6904b807190305cac30b608.jpg

I think hypocrites come in all shapes and sizes. Not sure that any of us can claim that we have never been guilty of it.

For example, Thomas Friedman said this last year (about Cap and Trade):

Thomas Freidman is a journalist and a columnist. I hardly think he's someone we were taught to look up to, respect or honor - nor is he someone who tells us what God wants or to whom we donate our money or who has acquired tax-exempt status.

Thomas Freidman is a journalist and a columnist. I hardly think he's someone we were taught to look up to, respect or honor - nor is he someone who tells us what God wants or to whom we donate our money or who has acquired tax-exempt status.

I thought the issue was preachers "telling others how to live" and then not living up to it. There are plenty of people who preach, even without an official pulpit.

Last edited:
I thought the issue was preachers "telling others how to live" and then not living up to it. There are plenty of people who preach, even without an official pulpit.

I have no problem with anyone saying anything - it's up to their listeners to decide if what they have to say is valid. However, when the person speaking is doing so in the name of someone or something which is supposedly "Supreme" and some organization has sanctioned them - their listeners are often swayed by their position rather than their words.

Besides, I'm not pointing out that The Catholic Church or the Mega-Church are hypocritical here so much as I am pointing out that it appears they might be thieves and liars.

As far as I know Thomas Friedman is neither - nor does he claim to be a representative of God.

As far as I know Thomas Friedman is neither - nor does he claim to be a representative of God.

No, he claims to know better than I do what size house I should live in, or what car I should drive.

So you are fine with busybodies telling you how to live as long as they are doing it on a non-sectarian basis? I don't understand the principle here.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back