Chunky's Mock Draft V.1 12/21/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkypony

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here's my mock for the upcoming 2006 Draft (based on current records):

1. Houston - Reggie Bush HB
2. San Francisco - D'Brickshaw Ferguson OT (i think the top two will trade the rights to these picks)
3. New York Jets - Matt Leinart QB
4. New Orleans - A.J. Hawk LB
5. Green Bay - Laurence Maroney HB
6. Arizona - Mario Williams DE
7. Buffalo - Haloti Ngata DT
8. Tennesee - Mathias Kiwanuka DE
9. Detroit - Darnell Bing S
10. Oakland - Marcedes Lewis TE
11. St. Louis - Tamba Hali DE
12. Cleveland - Chad Greenway LB
13. Baltimore - Jimmy Williams CB
14. Philadelphia - Demeco Ryans LB
15. Miami - Marcus Mcneill OT
16. Minnesota - Deangelo Williams HB
17. Atlanta - Winston Justice OT
18. Kansas City - Laron Landry S
19. Dallas - Eric Winston OT
20. Denver (f/ WAS) Brodick Bunkley DT
21. Tampa Bay - Santonio Holmes WR
22. New England - Ahmad Brooks LB (this is open for suggestions)
23. Pittsburgh - Lendale White RB
24. San Diego - Derek Hagan WR
25. Carolina - D'Qwell Jackson LB
26. Chicago - Vernon Davis TE
27. Jacksonville - Tye Hill CB
28. New York Giants - Abdul Hodge LB
29. Cincinnati - Greg Blue S
30. Denver - Max Jean-Gilies OG
31. Seattle - Elvis Dumervil DE
32. Indy - Kevin Simon LB

great job!

Here are me sug. and com.

Derek Hagan will prolly go before Santonio Holmes, as he is bigger and faster...

You dont have mike huff anywhere...who is prolly a top 3 DB in the draft this year...

I like your call on the first 2 draft pics, as SF needs a young RB and TX just needs a better O-Line...

And lastly, if White declares, and he is still left on the board when the Pats pick comes around, i think BB will deside to take him...

Just my thoughts, and again great job...

Very good work. I don't agree with you on this one, PatsSaintsSox, I think Santonio HAS to go ahead of Hagan. Holmes has been proving himself for awhile now, and was projected as a first rounder (if only a late one) last year. Pats selecting Brooks would be great, but I think he might return to UVa. Huff's gotta be in there somewhere.

ok, im thinking maybe Huff instead of greg blue to cincinnati.

(I apparently cant edit that post though)

Last edited:
Yeah, that seems to make more sense, him opposite Deltha O'Neal at CB or even opposite Madieu Williams at S, this guy can play either, sort of a Eugene Wilson type, at least I think so.

One more thing. I think as of now, Vernon Davis has taken over Marcedes Lewis title of top TE.

JohnnyFromBurgerKing said:
Yeah, that seems to make more sense, him opposite Deltha O'Neal at CB or even opposite Madieu Williams at S, this guy can play either, sort of a Eugene Wilson type, at least I think so.

One more thing. I think as of now, Vernon Davis has taken over Marcedes Lewis title of top TE.

Pope is a beast though, this is a great TE draft...

Why do you think Hagan is gonna go first, he has more REC and YDS, but they have the same amount of TDs...while he is bigger and faster...

Pope IS a beast. He's a truck. Another great Georgia TE (after Watson). You're right, this draft is TE heavy. I could see the Bengals snagging one late.

As for Hagan, I just don't see him projecting better than Holmes. I think Holmes is faster, but Hagan's sort of like a Branch. Quick off the line, gets to those routes darn fast, but doesn't have as blazing speed. Holmes is fast. But you might be right, who knows. These guys are close.

i just heard that WR Steve Smith (USC) will prolly not dec. unless he has a big rosebowl...

I think right now he stands to be a mid-round round pick - with a big rosebowl he might be a late 2nd at the most, mabey the pats will give him a look...

I'd also love to see Brooks. I think he'd be a great fit in our defense. I'm sure what he's going to do and/or if he's going to be available. I'm a huge Bing fan, and although safeties don't normally go in the 1st, I would love to see him as Rodney's eventual replacement. I could also see a corner. With BB you never know if it's going to be the draft of two years ago where he went big name and big school or if it's going to be last years where he went with the lesser names.

i dunno if BB will take another saftey in the mid-rounds, he has done it the past two years...i think he might take one early this time...

Brooks is too inconsistant for me.

How 'bout a back?

I'd take White if he were there.

I am strongly set on drafting a LB in the first round. I think it is our biggest need.

Atlanta Patsfan said:
I'd also love to see Brooks. I think he'd be a great fit in our defense. I'm sure what he's going to do and/or if he's going to be available. I'm a huge Bing fan, and although safeties don't normally go in the 1st, I would love to see him as Rodney's eventual replacement. I could also see a corner. With BB you never know if it's going to be the draft of two years ago where he went big name and big school or if it's going to be last years where he went with the lesser names.

I'm not sold on Brooks to many injuries and hasn't he had some off field issues as well? Abdul Hodge might be a better choice.
Bing is a good safety in the box but not a good cover guy. Sanders will be really good with a little more exp.
LaRon Landry if he declares maybe a better fit. Can play either safety spot and can cover.

I remember reading about Landry when he was in high school. I cant believe he'll be in the draft this year. That was fast.

At any rate, Ahmad Brooks is a monster. He's been somewhat inconsistent, but not really, and last year he could have been a top 20 pick. If he hadn't been injured and had a typical Brooks year, he could have been a top 10 this year. I say if he's there, snag him. What about lendale white, the RB from USC?

White is the guy I would love. Or Darnell Bing. He can man either Safety position.

i just cant see white declaring, he could be a top 10 pick in the draft next year

I try and think of someone to compare White to in the NFL now, but it's difficult. He really is on his own in terms of his style. He's sort of like Corey Dillon as just a real workhorse, but he's smaller. He's quick to the holes AND can beat you all the way up field. This kid is a monster. I'd kill to add him to the Pats.

JohnnyFromBurgerKing said:
I try and think of someone to compare White to in the NFL now, but it's difficult. He really is on his own in terms of his style. He's sort of like Corey Dillon as just a real workhorse, but he's smaller. He's quick to the holes AND can beat you all the way up field. This kid is a monster. I'd kill to add him to the Pats.

What's your opinion of Addai? He's my favorite RB of those that we'd have a chance to draft, but I haven't watched nearly enough college ball this year to be any kind of authority.

Addai, from LSU is really, really good, we'll see how he does in his bowl game, but if the pats can grab him in the 2nd round, i think it will be worth it

he is a phisical runner, has cutback speed, just BB's type

drewdagreat said:
Brooks is too inconsistant for me.

How 'bout a back?

I'd take White if he were there.

same thing i was thinking Drew...if White from USC is there we need to get him!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes