PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung: The spark that fires up the defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure I am willing to push aside Wilfork's contribution. Some of the things he's done this season have been flat out awesome to watch. I agree that Mayo is having a ripping year.

The more players who have good seasons the better the Patriots will play. It's an exciting time to watch this defense evolve. I felt that way before the season kicked off.

Same here, I said I expected them to pick it up after the bye week when BB had some time to assess their work and make any adjustments that he felt were necessary. I expected them to keep improving all through the season. Its still a work on progress(see Browns game) but we just don't know how good these guys can be yet. The more they play, the more experience they get the better they should get. As you say its really exciting to watch it happening. Lets just hope that come the end of the year we are looking at a Championship calibre D.

I'd venture to guess there is probably only one other person here that knows what Padanaram is without googling it !

:D :rofl:

Ah, feels like just yesterday when I was reading that Chung was a "bad value" pick at 34th.

This defense has gone from having sweet bugger all to guys you can build a defense around now.

1. Vince Wilfork
2. Jerod Mayo
3. Patrick Chung
4. Devin McCourty

I really cannot wait to see the 2012 version of this defense. It's going to be Belichick "crush your enemies see them driven before you" nasty.

.....and when you add a second year to Spikes and Cunningham, Bodden returning and Meriweather following the script 2011 could be something special.

I was disappointed though that I was unable to buy my son his preferred new jersey for his birthday next week. McCourty is not available, but more surprisingly neither was his second choice - Chung. Maybe next year.

Right now I have to say that Chung is the most dynamic of the defender although of course most of the good work that Wilfork does is not as visible.

The Patriots are getting a rep as a very hard hitting team and Chung is a large part of it. Notice how receivers are dropping a lot of balls? They are worried and the more that cry babies like Ward and the gentle Ravens complain the more the reputation grows; thanks Heinz.

.....and when you add a second year to Spikes and Cunningham, Bodden returning and Meriweather following the script 2011 could be something special.

I was disappointed though that I was unable to buy my son his preferred new jersey for his birthday next week. McCourty is not available, but more surprisingly neither was his second choice - Chung. Maybe next year.

Next year's defense will return two starters to go along with this cast. Then, an extra #1, a #2 which might be the first pick in that round, and a #3 which is probably fairly low in the third. WOW! Not that they all will go defense, nor will they all be used next year, but you have to figure one defensive starter out of all those picks?

I'd have to figure 2 starters with 2 first round pics......unless BB trades down with one of them for value.....Would like to see a RB with one of first 3 picks....

I'd have to figure 2 starters with 2 first round pics......unless BB trades down with one of them for value.....Would like to see a RB with one of first 3 picks....

I was speaking of defense, but yea, one on offense also.
I really like how this defense is shaping up, even if they get blown out on Sunday. Chung has the potential to be one of the best safeties in the league. I'm thinking Harrison is going to have a say on this at some point this season, maybe on MNF. Merriweather, seems to be falling in line and that's a huge one-two combination. My guess is BB will go with a defensive lineman with one of his low-round picks, then again, who the hell knows. The big question, will Butler come back as a starter at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes