PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung in a word...WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I alsmost drew the comparison to Polamalu but it is still early.

Polamalu made an incredible interception at the end of the Steelers/Falcons game with two minutes to play in a tie game while the Falcons was still in their own end of the field. That play should have sealed the game for the Steelers but their kicker missed a makeable FG attempt. Regardless, that play showed why Polamalu is now the best S in the game today. He's awesome at coming up and stopping running plays, but is also now a great pass defender.

Chung IMO has the same physical abilities, he now just needs to study and learn the game.

Like I said in the game thread, Pat Chung really impressed me. Loved him tonight for his speed and his hard hitting.

If only we could draft..........

The young defense may have tired some, but gives us alot of hope for a great future.

They will have their ups and downs but at least it appears that they want to be tough and want to be good. The past few years it seeemed like the defense just went through the motions. Wilfork has these guys thinking straight.

Sweet victory in game one, now sit back and watch the Ravens crush the Jets. It can't get any better.

Polamalu made an incredible interception at the end of the Steelers/Falcons game with two minutes to play in a tie game while the Falcons was still in their own end of the field. That play should have sealed the game for the Steelers but their kicker missed a makeable FG attempt. Regardless, that play showed why Polamalu is now the best S in the game today. He's awesome at coming up and stopping running plays, but is also now a great pass defender.

Chung IMO has the same physical abilities, he now just needs to study and learn the game.

Polamalu is the best defender in the league, no doubt. Steelers defense last year, was nearly atrocious, and with him, was the best in the league. He's beastly, has much more impact on a defense than Revis or Willis.

Chung in a word... Probowlerfutureallpro.

Chung looked like a force of nature out there, the way he was hitting people. If he can progress as a playmaker he'll be one of the top safeties in the NFL.

McCourty was very impressive as well, has the tools to be our best corner since Ty Law. For a player to step into his first game, and play at that speed is special.

It was nice to see Guyton out on the field. Spikes has a very specific skill set, and in the preseason he sometimes looked mismatched going sideline to sideline. BB seemed to find a way to utilize both players effectively.

Lock that man up and insure his hair.

As the founder of the long-running Pat Chung thread, I would just like to say that when Pat Chung was born, he spanked the nurse.

The D looks like a pretty deep unit this year. Just imagine if we still had Bodden and Warren.

He was a pleasure to watch. It seemed like they called his name on every play.

I alsmost drew the comparison to Polamalu but it is still early.

Don't get me wrong. Chung still has a little ways to go before he's even in Polamalu's league. But he covers the field like Polamalu does. That's why the added dimension of Chung this year should give Manning a headache. He's often said that a safety like Polamalu that can cover ground at unbelievable speeds is tough to gameplan and throw against. :D

Don't get me wrong. Chung still has a little ways to go before he's even in Polamalu's league. But he covers the field like Polamalu does. That's why the added dimension of Chung this year should give Manning a headache. He's often said that a safety like Polamalu that can cover ground at unbelievable speeds is tough to gameplan and throw against. :D

Play recognition will be the most instrumental development in Chung's game. It looks worlds better than last year and it showed today.

To be fair Butler played well most of the game. You can only contain Ochocinco for so long when you have a tired d and mediocre pass rush

The thing that I found most amazing about Chung was when he took a bad angle on Benson who was in the clear, and as he was running by him on the bad angle, he reached out and dragged Benson shoulders down with his hands.

He's strong.

right now he leads the NFL in tackles he's game is alot like Rodney Harrison, lots of tackles some pass rush and a whole lot of Intimidation,

That was the first thing I noticed in training camp, and said as such in my report. I saw a new Chung.

his aggression was abvious in camp and ramped up today if he keeps flying around like this he is going to make everyones job easier. Definitely the top dog on D today which i think played awsome despite a few sustained second half drives.

BB CAN'T DRAFT!!!!!!

yeah...OK...got it

Chung looked like the guy that I thought he would be when they drafted him. Having said that, he still has to do it week in and week out.

But we got look at what he can be, a young Rodney. He still needs to do that week after week so he can be really called Rodney's replacement.

He's way faster than Rodney was here

Chung is a baller. He was wherever the ball was today. That was easy to notice. I also noticed that the man is a tremendous wrap up tackler. No bouncing off tackles for him. He brings the man down.

He had SIXTEEN total tackles today. That is insane! The young defense may have tired some, but gives us alot of hope for a great future.[/QUOTE

Chung was tremendous. So was Mayo. Hope everyone keeps in mind just how young this D is. There will be days when they look awful and out of sorts. Just part of thre growing/learning process. Hopefully when those games do occur Tom and the O will kick it into overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back