PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung in a word...WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Chung is a baller. He was wherever the ball was today. That was easy to notice. I also noticed that the man is a tremendous wrap up tackler. No bouncing off tackles for him. He brings the man down.

He had SIXTEEN total tackles today. That is insane! The young defense may have tired some, but gives us alot of hope for a great future.

The young defense may have tired some, but gives us alot of hope for a great future.

I suspect some of the D would have liked to tackle Guyton during his return ;)

Agreed - Chung was right near the ball constantly, and hitting hard. Really an impressive young D we have there.

O may help carry us this year - but this is going to be a solid D for years to come.

I loved his aggression. I thought he might get a couple of UR calls, but all in all, great performance!

Chung is my binky this year.

|
|
\/

Last edited:
That was the first thing I noticed in training camp, and said as such in my report. I saw a new Chung.

It was pretty hard for the D not to tire really. they kept having no rest due to kick off td's return td's e.t.c i guess not a bad problem to have. The second half should keep them grounded after the great 1st half they had

Chung was a standout.

D-Mac played exceptional.

Very encouraging for the first game.

Chung was a standout.

D-Mac played exceptional.

Very encouraging for the first game.

They stopped testing him, and just kept throwing on Butler.

I was impressed with the defense as a whole. Butler will continue to improve, he ran into one of the best today, that is all. We have a very young and scary secondary.

I was impressed with the defense as a whole. Butler will continue to improve, he ran into one of the best today, that is all. We have a very young and scary secondary.

succinct...to the point...and spot on

Chung is just so fast and strong. He looked great against the run and on short passes. I can easily see him being a pro bowl player this year.

The speed on defense was rather impressive today. I'm hopeful that the new found speed will show off against the top line teams as this unit gels together.

Night and day from last year. He has a Polamalu-esque style of covering distances in a hurry. He seems to be much better in coverage, and is a hitter. He's also excellent in run support. Yet another solid draft pick.

Night and day from last year. He has a Polamalu-esque style of covering distances in a hurry. He seems to be much better in coverage, and is a hitter. He's also excellent in run support. Yet another solid draft pick.

Fool!
Havent you read the hundreds of posts saying that you cannot judge a draft or a player until after 3 years?

I guess that Coreans can play football after all. My bad.

what happened to merriweathr ?

Chung was "Spectacular", physical, quick reads, quick explosion to the play and as mentioned, no one breaks through his wrap up. He was flat out NASTY today.

How about McC?, can you believe how well he is playing right now? Kid has step for step coverage and even if he is beat by a step or two, he has tremendous catch up speed and he knows when to turn his head and break up the pass, even when it's in the WR's hands. He's our #1 and will be for years.

Great to see Cunningham grab some reps, he was double-teamed alot but looked good with his technique and moves. Another young stud in the making. This defense will walk like a baby fawn against some of these offenses coming up, but LOOK OUT when the playoffs role around.

Last edited:
He not only brings his man down, the guy doesn't pick up a couple of extra yards in the process. He's down on the same hash as Chung met him.

He reminds me of a young Rodney.

How about McC?, can you believe how well he is playing right now? Kid has step for step coverage and even if he is beat by a step or two, he has tremendous catch up speed and he knows when to turn his head and break up the pass, even when it's in the WR's hands. He's our #1 and will be for years.

I thought he was the best player out there, given his age and inexperience and who he was up against. Didn't seem fazed or over awed at all.

I alsmost drew the comparison to Polamalu but it is still early.

I thought Chung was our best defensive player today. A good amount of runs that got through the line he stopped with sure tackling for minimal gain.

I was sitting up in 335 today and you could see Chung flying around the entire field today...simply amazing...gotta love Chung! lets just hope he keeps it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes