PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung has thumb surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud34

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Haven't seen it posted yet...news came out about 15 minutes ago.

You just knew Safety was going to become problematic the moment Sanders and Meriweather were released.

Barrett scares me through the first 2 games. He looks way out of his depth right now. Hopefully that will change.

This would be a great week for lots and lots of pass rush...:)

Well that sucks. If he can't go, Ihedigbo is now the top backup at safety :eek:

In case it's still a mystery why so many of us thought it was crazy to release Meriweather and Sanders... here you go. That's what we're reduced to at safety after only one injury...

source: New England Patriots safety Patrick Chung has thumb surgery, sources say - ESPN Boston

I could see why they released Merriweather, particularly with his off the field issues. The Sanders release remains a head scratcher to me.

This would be a great week for lots and lots of pass rush...:)
Agreed, but then again, any week would be a great week for lots and lots of pass rush...

It's gotta be pretty minor, right? Reiss is wondering IF he'll miss any time.

It does not appear he has missed a lot of games in his career, but he is one of those players that is always injured.

You just knew Safety was going to become problematic the moment Sanders and Meriweather were released.

Barrett scares me through the first 2 games. He looks way out of his depth right now. Hopefully that will change.

BB has determined that there must be one mega weak-point on the team each year so that we fans concentrate on that and don't complain about all the other weak points. Unfortunately for him, he misunderestimated us and failed to realize that complaining is our specialty and we are good enough to double-complain about safety while maintaining regular complains about everyone else.

Can't imagine this would keep him out. Just throw a cast on it.

he'll be fine

cut it off Chung we cant lose you:mad:

a cast should work and a mighty bludgeoning weapon it will become:)

Last edited:
I'm still coveting Darren Sharper.

I bet you can't run fake plays by taking direct snaps out of punt formations with a cast on one hand.

He's not a wr, brace and a ton of tape and gtf out on the field.

BB has determined that there must be one mega weak-point on the team each year so that we fans concentrate on that and don't complain about all the other weak points. Unfortunately for him, he misunderestimated us and failed to realize that complaining is our specialty and we are good enough to double-complain about safety while maintaining regular complains about everyone else.

applause.gif

How old is Artrell Hawkins?

This could call for the "cat" defense.

He won't miss any time..now it he was a WR..yes he would miss time

Last edited:
While this is just a minor threat to his participation in Sunday's game, his hitchhiking ability is in serious jeopardy.

While this is just a minor threat to his participation in Sunday's game, his hitchhiking ability is in serious jeopardy.
I don't expect Chung to be offering the pollice verso anytime soon.

drats drats :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye