PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung fined for late hit; no penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my man Ghung gets fined for a late hit that wasn't called and the Jets as a team receive nothing after Goddell finds that the Jets are guilty of unprofessional behavior towards a female reporter?

Now all 32 teams have to receive training on "how to act professionally" areound female reporters and again no reprimand/consequences for the Jests just a "stern talking too?"

I wonder if these fines are tax deductible. Various "fines" are normal expenses for NFL players. Why not?

So my man Ghung gets fined for a late hit that wasn't called and the Jets as a team receive nothing after Goddell finds that the Jets are guilty of unprofessional behavior towards a female reporter?

Now all 32 teams have to receive training on "how to act professionally" areound female reporters and again no reprimand/consequences for the Jests just a "stern talking too?"

Yeah, the NFL has a policy on a certain matter, one team violates that policy and the response is to send a memo reminding every team of the rules? Where's the $750K fine? Where's the loss of a 1st round pick? ;)

I didn't get a chance to watch the game until tonight and I heard about Chung's fine earlier in the day. Knowing that, it was easy to spot the play while watching the game.

I can see the argument for the fine - Chad Johnson was already wrapped up by Butler (I think), was on the ground and wasn't going anywhere. Chung hit him as if he might still get up and start running. I've got no problem with the hit by Chung and I hope he keeps playing that way. Maybe the next time, the receiver will get away from the defender or won't be ruled down. I'd much rather have Chung "make sure" in those situations.

My main problem with it is the inconsistency in assessing these fines. Welker was speared in the back against Denver last year and there was no fine or penalty.

The Patriots really, really need an enforcer back there. Ever since Rodney retired, receivers have been prancing around like ballet dancers in the backfield. Time for a new sheriff. I would also like to see Spikes knock the stuffing out of someone, Ray Lewis style. Hmmm maybe Dustin Keller.

This. I'm so pumped about Chung it's not even funny. He (like Rodney) seems smart enough to pick his spots and not to make many incredibly stupid personal foul penalties in key situations. Rodney had a few of those in his day, but that's just the cost of doing business like that.

I hope Goodell eventually serves time for his favoritism.

The Patriots should just keep all reporters out of the lockeroom. It would do a world of good for the Patriots to be able to relax after games without being harassed by Borges-wannabees. And it is not like us fan would miss a lot of insightful commentary either.

On Flacco's big 1st half fumble, Ellis nailed him helmet to helmet. He went at him high. So many Patriots were fined for that last year.

I remember that play, and thought the exact same thing. The inconsistency must drive the players crazy.

I read that Dockett got fined $5000 for tweeting before the game!

What a stupid rule! He got the same fine as players that could have seriously hurt someone!

This is a BS fine and just another example of Gooddell acting like a douche. He'll take his shots when he can at the Pats and vainly try to pass it off as 'looking tough'.

Guess what, nobody buys into it. Everyone knows the guy is a diehard Jets fanboy. Why this clown still has a job is beyond me.

He is a vile, cheating, lying SCUMBAG, and I hope he gets his face burned off in an automobile accident.

I am DEAD serious.

This. I'm so pumped about Chung it's not even funny.

Right ON, Brothah!! Chung had "Rodney Redux" stamped ALL over him, from the day we drafted him, and now that he's had 16 months to master the System, he's taking off like a ROCKET!! :rocker:

All that disgusting favoritism and Patriot hatred on the part of Goodell the Excrement being duly noted, I still have to say that I find the blatant sexism of allowing ladies in male locker rooms intensely hypocritical, cowardly...and offensive.

He is a vile, cheating, lying SCUMBAG, and I hope he gets his face burned off in an automobile accident.

I am DEAD serious.

That's a little over the top even for you, don't you think?

I hope that his wife leaves him for me. See, that's better.

That would be worse for him, because we could watch him feel the pain ;)

Fair enough, Brother, fair enough!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back