PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung, Connolly, McCourty and Ochocinco Out for Eagles game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren Sapp to Ochincinco on his hamstring injury

shaq.gif

lulz is this real? pretty harsh

Re: Patriots announce 4 downgrades from Questionable to Out: Patrick Chung,

You may be right, although HFA hasn't been much of an "A" in the last couple of playoff seasons. However, I was just offering PJ a reason why people aren't in a panic about this game.

Here's an additional reason for people not being demonstrably worried about the injury situation. The Patriot D has been a worry since game 1. It grew as the season went on eventually becoming hyper critical more recently. Somehow the Patriots, with the exception of the Pitt game, have managed to do well enough on both sides of the ball to either win or be extremely close to winning. Last week, the secondary that was put on the field was unprecedented in the modern era for its lack of capability (at least on paper). Yet, with credit to our coaching, the Patriots found a way to make the secondary serviceable enough to win games. I suspect whatever secondary the Patriots put on the field now, fans have a modicum of comfort that we can somehow do enough to win.
If the Patriots begin a losing streak, I suspect there will be a lot more outward worry when players like Chung and McCourty are not active on game day.

I understand that its in the Patriot way not to make much of injuries, but this is getting ridiculous. We are down to the our #3 C, our #4 and 5 Safeties, our #4 CB is starting and he's backed up by a WR. our rush LB is out again, .our #3 WR is out and our #2 WR might not play, and both our starting tackles have been limited in practice....along with a dozen other guys. And if that doesn't start you shaking in your boots, there is now a real possibility that Sergio Brown might have to play in the regular defense

And the thing that REALLY pisses me off is that all I hear from the national media is about all the PHILLY injuries. :rolleyes:

I understand that its in the Patriot way not to make much of injuries, but this is getting ridiculous. We are down to the our #3 C, our #4 and 5 Safeties, our #4 CB is starting and he's backed up by a WR. our rush LB is out again, .our #3 WR is out and our #2 WR might not play, and both our starting tackles have been limited in practice....along with a dozen other guys. And if that doesn't start you shaking in your boots, there is now a real possibility that Sergio Brown might have to play in the regular defense

And the thing that REALLY pisses me off is that all I hear from the national media is about all the PHILLY injuries. :rolleyes:

Yeah, for some reason I don't think anyone outside of the fanbase has any clue as to how bad it actually is...or a better statement would be that they just don't care. All they want to focus on is that this team "has the worst defense in the history of the NFL" and stupid sentences like that.

Most opposing fanbases and mediots don't have a clue, and certainly aren't willing to give credit when it's due. I believe people will take notice if the winning continues over the next month or so. It would be great to continue that winning in about 12 hours.

As bad as the Pats have it today with injuries, the Eagles may be worse. They are likely without Vick (already ruled out), Maclin, Rodgers-Cromartie, and Asomugha. Plus DeSean Jackson is less than 100% and still could be ruled out before the game starts.

Personally, I think the Pats will miss Chung and Spikes the most because the Eagles are going to run the ball today. I think the secondary is almost irrelevant today. If the Pats can stop McCoy, they will probably win. If they can't, they could lose.

i think BB is right not rushing back mccourty or chung. even if the pats lose tomorrow, they should be able to win the rest of their games and go 12-4 at worst. all they have to do is win the division and they get an automatic bye.

Not quite. There are four divisions, and the top two get a Bye.
Pats would need to win the division and finish ahead of two of the other divisions. They are currently behind Baltimore, tied with Houston, and ahead of Oakland. They would need to finish ahead of Houston for the Bye.

As bad as the Pats have it today with injuries, the Eagles may be worse. They are likely without Vick (already ruled out), Maclin, Rodgers-Cromartie, and Asomugha. Plus DeSean Jackson is less than 100% and still could be ruled out before the game starts.

Personally, I think the Pats will miss Chung and Spikes the most because the Eagles are going to run the ball today. I think the secondary is almost irrelevant today. If the Pats can stop McCoy, they will probably win. If they can't, they could lose.

i agree with this, Vince young is not going to out score Brady Eagles got no shot without vick

Last edited:

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.NA
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.currently tied
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.NA
4. Strength of victory. Ravens currently hold edge
5. Strength of schedule.[/b]Ravens currently hold edge]
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

If the Ravens and Pats (and Houston which won't) win out, we get the #2 seed. If Baltimore loses another division game, even if we lost say to Philly...we get the #1 seed. Baltimore has a way of playing down to it's competition, particularly on the road. And they are still in a dog fight for their division with Pittsburgh just a game plus the tie breakers behind and tied if they win today and Cincy 2 games back with one more to play. If SD can get it's head out of Norv's ass or if Cincy is clawing for a WC in week 17... Our destiny isn't entirely in our own hands, but if we take care of business all we need is a little stumble from Baltimore - and Flacco is a stumbler at times. Although playing them at home vs. on the road may not be the panacea one would think for this NE team.

OFFENSE - WIDE RECEIVERS

How concerned should we be that Ocho is out and Branch may be limited? The keys to our passing offense are Welker, Gronkowksi, Hernandez and the ability to dump off to a running back.

Yes, Price and/or Edelman (or even Slater) may get some reps. Is that really BAD for the team at this point in the season? I think that this is good for the team going forward.

OFFENSE - OFFENSIVE LINE AND BLOCKING TIGHT END

I have little "concern" with Wendell starting at center in place of Connolly. I'm not sure whether we are any worse off at all.

I do have a concern at OT and TE with both Light and Vollmer at less than 100%. We may see what Belichick has in mind for Cannon. For example, Cannon be the blocking TE? After all, we didn't call up a TE.

Call me crazy, but I'm kind of pumped to see Sterling Moore again. I thought he looked like a player.

Macklin and Rodgers-Cromartie are out.

Macklin and Rodgers-Cromartie are out.

And you would think Asomugha is almost definitely out as well. We actually found a team as beat up as we are!

Call me crazy, but I'm kind of pumped to see Sterling Moore again. I thought he looked like a player.

He looked not like Sergio Brown which is enough for me.

Glass, Glassolly, McGlass, and Ochoglasso.

And you would think Asomugha is almost definitely out as well. We actually found a team as beat up as we are!

You know, I feel like a lot of teams are getting really beat up. I'm just glad the Pats are expecting to get most of the guys back.

Asoumga, or however you spell it, is playing, or at least he's "giving it a try", according to what I just heard on 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes