PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chung Compare To Griffin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookie safeties who are ready to start are very dificult to find in the draft, especially given where we draft. So, no, I don't expect Chung to be replaced by a rook if he moves on.

huh??????????

Chung was drafted in the 2nd round in 2009 and played in all 16 games that season.

He was a difficult find in 2009?...I don't remember it that way...I remember lots of differing opinions on who should have been taken instead.

1) The issue we are discussing finding a starter to replace Chung if he moves on. Chung started EXACTLY one game in his rookie year and had 25 tackles for the season. And, yes, he a had a reasonable rookie year.

2) The players that we thought should have been taken instead of Chung were not safeties.

Some wanted us to draft the top corner available (one that Belichick drafted a few spots later).

A couple wanted one of the centers.

Most of us cried for a linebacker. There were many, but Connor Barwin was the board favorite. My favorite linebacker was Laurinaitis.

huh?????????? Chung was drafted in the 2nd round in 2009 and played in all 16 games that season. He was a difficult find in 2009?...I don't remember it that way...I remember lots of differing opinions on who should have been taken instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back