Welcome to PatsFans.com

Christopher Price: Upon Further Review, A Look Back At Pats-Bucs

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsChamp88, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Per: It Is What It Is Upon Further Review: A Look Back At Pats-Bucs

Didn't see this posted on here yet but pretty good read, ah how bye weeks seem to be the slowest time of the year....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  2. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +75 / 2 / -0

well that answers my main question abotu the game, why we didnt run with a 21-0 lead.....

3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +653 / 0 / -3

I too thought for sure the Pats would run all over the Bucs. I haven't re-watched the game but I'll certainly take Chris' word for what Tampa Bay was doing with Sabby P in an attempt to stop the Pats' running game; I guess they assumed that the Patriots' game plan would be to run and that is why they focused on that.

Price brings up a good point about McGowan. Unlike some others I never felt he wouldn't make the roster, but I never figured he would have as big a role as he has had with this defense. The Pats have not had an good answer to Dallas Clark in the Colts' offense since I don't know when; would love to see McGowan limit Clark the way he did Gonzalez in the game against the Falcons. Of course that won't be the last good tight end the Pats face this year; Shockey looked pretty good for the Saints the last game I saw New Orleans play too.

4. fillylabinga

fillylabinga Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Very good article I thought. Thanks for the link. Personally, I like ones like this where someone breaks down the game film in detail and provides some general impressions.

I was surprised myself that the Pats didn't run the ball better against TB since they do seem to be a poor team on run D. It makes some sense that the reason would be that TB was stacking the line (although why a team would do that again Brady is beyond me).

Also interesting to hear that Burgess might be playing better than meets the eye.

5. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +504 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Very nice article, Chris! Thanks.

6. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +369 / 33 / -16

The Pats had three runs called back due to penalties. An 11 by Lawfirm; an 11 by Maroney and a 4 by Maroney. Those plays if they stood, would have given the Pats over 130 yards on the ground... Jes' saying.;)

7. PatsChamp88

PatsChamp88 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -0

#75 Jersey

Good point, the penalties are adding up a little bit faster this year 44 so far where as last year we had 57 for the entire season.

8. Lloyd_Christmas

Lloyd_Christmas I can delete my own crap! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Good read. BB had a lot of praise for TBC's play where he broke up a screen pass.

Thanks for posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.