PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christopher Price on the pros and cons of Pacman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that "trade Welker and Moss"?? :eek::eek:

(just for clarification, that was Byrne, not Price)

Yeah, he did recommend both. But trading Welker would also cost the Patriots salary cap room (not that trading Moss is a bright idea, either).

Hey guys ... was going to post this today. I made sure not to make any recommendations -- just to get both sides of what I think is a good debate. My personal take? I don't think it's going to happen. But it's a good discussion to have, especially in the wake of the career renaissance both Dillon and Moss had under Belichick. Let me know what you think.

Price has brain power. Byrne has an OLD thesaurus and a lot of brain damage.

Hey guys ... was going to post this today. I made sure not to make any recommendations -- just to get both sides of what I think is a good debate. My personal take? I don't think it's going to happen. But it's a good discussion to have, especially in the wake of the career renaissance both Dillon and Moss had under Belichick. Let me know what you think.

It's a very good read.... and I was almost swayed by the other side, until I remembered the other side as Baldinger. ;)

And while I agree that Belichick has enough faith in the locker room environment that he's created to take a chance on a head-case, I just can't see him going with somebody that needs to be told, "just cover #81, okay?"

That, and Floyd Reese would probably throw up in his mouth.

Price has brain power. Byrne has an OLD thesaurus and a lot of brain damage.

Thanks, JSn! By the way, I've used the Marshall Faulk quote on Cassel in your sig on a couple of occasions this past year ... I've always made sure to let people know who had it posted prominently before anyone else. (I still have a copy of that game somewhere on my DVR--I should get it out and transcribe all the quotes from Faulk and Sterling Sharpe that night. Would make for some high comedy....)

Thanks, JSn! By the way, I've used the Marshall Faulk quote on Cassel in your sig on a couple of occasions this past year ... I've always made sure to let people know who had it posted prominently before anyone else. (I still have a copy of that game somewhere on my DVR--I should get it out and transcribe all the quotes from Faulk and Sterling Sharpe that night. Would make for some high comedy....)

Oh man, that would be amazing. With little stills and talk balloons!

The thing is someone would think you made all that ridiculous chatter up and accuse you of being racial or something. Kerry might suggest the forum trade you for an old school crafter of fine animated gifs.

Hm... I hear coffee break calling...

Christopher - Seriously, Bro - You got to do that!!!!

Last edited:
So I had five minutes to kill and the last couple of entries inspired me. And it makes me think: it won't be long until Faulk predicts PacMan to get signed by the Ancient Patriots. Luckily...

mkjszi1aovop2mbewpqm.jpg

Last edited:
So I had five minutes to kill and the last couple of entries inspired me. And it makes me think: it won't be long until Faulk predicts PacMan to get signed by the Ancient Patriots. Luckily...

mkjszi1aovop2mbewpqm.jpg

Love it.

10 Char

Two words Chris, Lawrence Phillips.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick needs cornerbacks, and has a track record with players who have a bad reputation

Actually that is a very misleading statement. It would be more correct to say Belichick has avoided players with attitude like the plague during a very long football career. However, he doesn't judge players by news reports or gossip, which is probably why his only notable forays into players with questionable characters have been successful.

He spent a ton of time investigating both and found they were focused on football, despite not being boy scouts and having some thugish background in their high school days.

While neither are candidates for the Lady Byng trophy in their pro careers, they have both tried to improve as adults in personal and business relationships. At least that's what I imagine the Patriots found out which is why they took a chance.

Will they see a mature, if imperfect, adult if they access Pac Man? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Two words Chris, Lawrence Phillips.

Actually that is a very misleading statement. It would be more correct to say Belichick has avoided players with attitude like the plague during a very long football career. However, he doesn't judge players by news reports or gossip, which is probably why his only notable forays into players with questionable characters have been successful.

He spent a ton of time investigating both and found they were focused on football, despite not being boy scouts and having some thugish background in their high school days.

While neither are candidates for the Lady Byng trophy in their pro careers, they have both tried to improve as adults in personal and business relationships. At least that's what I imagine the Patriots found out which is why they took a chance.

Will they see a mature, if imperfect, adult if they access Pac Man? I doubt it.

Like I said, I don't think it's going to happen. (I got one e-mail from a guy who suggested that getting kicked off the Cowboys was like getting booted out of a gangsta rap group. I reminded him that after Ice Cube was removed from NWA, he went on to a successful solo career. But that's neither here nor there.) Bottom line is I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick didn't at least make a call or two around the league to ask about him. FWIW, I talked to one guy who thinks there's a good chance that if they can make the $$ work, Jones might join Schwartz in Detroit.

And that pic of Marshall Faulk is priceless. I love it.

Like I said, I don't think it's going to happen. (I got one e-mail from a guy who suggested that getting kicked off the Cowboys was like getting booted out of a gangsta rap group. I reminded him that after Ice Cube was removed from NWA, he went on to a successful solo career. But that's neither here nor there.) Bottom line is I wouldn't be shocked if Belichick didn't at least make a call or two around the league to ask about him. FWIW, I talked to one guy who thinks there's a good chance that if they can make the $$ work, Jones might join Schwartz in Detroit.

And that pic of Marshall Faulk is priceless. I love it.

Love your stuff by the way, Chris. Didn't mean to sound so critical. I'm sure the Patriots have, and will look into PacMan. If they find he has been misunderstood by the law enforcement community ten or twelve times, I'm sure they'll pick him up.:D

Love your stuff by the way, Chris. Didn't mean to sound so critical. I'm sure the Patriots have, and will look into PacMan. If they find he has been misunderstood by the law enforcement community ten or twelve times, I'm sure they'll pick him up.:D

Classic.

hehe

That's a good one!:D Between the Faulk poster and that line, this is fast becoming my favorite thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye