PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christopher Gasper hates the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable how you can twist quotes around. Is this just you practicing the time honored Borges and now Gasper strategy of strictly being a contrarian just to gain notoriety?

Do you even have an opinion on any issue or are you just happy to always take the opposite of the prevailing view just to argue with other people?

I think you just answered both of your own questions, smg. It's pretty obvious what the MO is there.

Go ahead, make a post that the sky is blue and you'll probably get a response telling you that you're wrong.

Unbelievable how you can twist quotes around. Is this just you practicing the time honored Borges and now Gasper strategy of strictly being a contrarian just to gain notoriety?

Do you even have an opinion on any issue or are you just happy to always take the opposite of the prevailing view just to argue with other people?

Yes, that would be it. Or, no that's not it.

I think you just answered both of your own questions, smg. It's pretty obvious what the MO is there.

Go ahead, make a post that the sky is blue and you'll probably get a response telling you that you're wrong.

Well, it's a very cloudy GRAY sky today.

Who cares? There's always going to be a few biased journalists out there. It's like what they're paid to do.

Players gonna play, Haters gonna hate. Put this guy down as a hater and move on.

You can disagree with Gaspers comments, but i'm reading through this thread and reading personal attacks. "Attention whore" or "Full of himself". How the **** do you know that? Do you know the man personally? No. He has an opinion about a sports team that you disagree agree with so you respond with personal attacks.

Its Pathetic. Hey Bro! said it perfectly. You need to stop taking things said about the Patriots so personally.

And BTW, some of the things said about Tomase were pretty sick. We have our problems with fans here in the UK, these days its the treatment of refs. But to attack a reporter? Wow....

Huh? Major disconnect here. Must be the volcanic ash. So columnists can have OPINIONS and say what they wish with very little validity or support to their argument but a fan cannot?

No thanks, I don't care what he has to say because I saw the evidence on the field and in the standings.

You actually said, "I don't know if he [Brady] said this.." and then went on to bash him for not saying it, but your too lazy to read what he actually did say? I guess I'll be too lazy from now on to read what you have to say.

I didn't see the show, but from reading Gasper's columns in the past year, he does come off as a "glass half emply" type of guy when he looks at the Patriots. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it. It's his opinion and it's not like he doesn't have any solid ground to stand on. It would be one thing if he said something like "that Vince Wilfork, he's lousy against the run." So it's not like he's making $h!T up. On the same token, you have a guy like Reiss, who's more the "glass half full" type of guy and may write something more on a positive note. I have no problem with that either and most of you guys seem to prefer this type of positive article.

From reading this, I didn't really get that Gasper hates the Pats. I more or less got that he hates Randy Moss.

Gasper is not fooling anyone. He is simply angling for his next career move- loudmouth TV/Radio personality. To do that, you need to be negative and contrarian to the tenth degree.

The problem is that he doesn't have the cache or the journalistic experience to be taken seriously.

From reading this, I didn't really get that Gasper hates the Pats. I more or less got that he hates Randy Moss.

He hates him like Randy Moss.

It's bad enough when you overhear a guy at a party telling the same lame joke to three different people over the course of the night. Can you imagine if that same guy told that same joke three times to just you in one conversation?

I'm not getting into the homer vs. contrarian debate, just going to leave it at Gasper is obnoxious. That is all.

Total cop out on Brady's part. The fact is, Brady had his worst season since 2002 in terms of to closing out games. I don't know if he said this or not but he should've blamed himself for the team's collapse as well. How about his carelessness with the football against Baltimore? It looked like he couldn't wait for the season to end.

Yeah let's hate Gasper because he has an opinion, an opinion that doesn't favor the Pats. :rolleyes: If you don't like what he said, don't even think about it. In fact, even if it favors the Pats, you have to take everything with a grain of salt. A lot of you guys on this board need to stop taking what anybody says negatively about the Pats so personal.

I'd take anybody that wants to speak their mind any day of the week over someone that just relays whatever is given to them by the Pats.

You may want to go and read the transcript of Brady's interview before spouting off ignorantly. It would do a lot in the way of having people take you seriously. ;)

You may want to go and read the transcript of Brady's interview before spouting off ignorantly. It would do a lot in the way of having people take you seriously. ;)

No, exposing oneself to evidence that a cherished belief might possibly be wrong is way too disconcerting.

A football season is more than a few cherry picked events. Brady is referring to moments he personally considers significant. Probably moments that he has seen handled differently by previous teams.

While I don't pretend to know what Brady was referring to since he didn't specify everything, his comments generally seem to align with what you're saying here, and I don't disagree with him at all.

The Patriots were mentally tough during their Super Bowl years. They were not always the most talented, but they found a way to win, even under very pressure packed circumstances.

While I'd say that they were the most talented team in 2003 and 2004, I agree with the notion that the team used to be about mentally breaking their opponents. It's what Patriots fans loved about those teams.

Belichick has probably been harping on the same principles since 2000 and he knows what it takes to win in the NFL. Brady is a 100% "buy in guy" and so were Harrison, McGinest, Troy Brown, Tedy etc.

While I agree with what you are saying, it doesn't change what my point was, either. You can listen to your coach all you want, but mistakes will still happen, injuries will still occur, and talent still matters.

It sounds like there are a bunch of locker room cancer types that see it as just a paycheck.

Well, the Patriots are certainly reacting as if the locker room was a problem. Unfortunately, noticeably absent around here is the questioning of how the hell Belichick allowed the locker room (and the team in general) to get to that point. It's not as if listening to the coach was all that was needed to take the 2009 team to 19-0, yet we see several of the posters here doing their traditional "shoot the messenger along with anyone who doesn't kowtow, and pretend everything's fine" routine, as per usual.

You actually said, "I don't know if he [Brady] said this.." and then went on to bash him for not saying it, but your too lazy to read what he actually did say? I guess I'll be too lazy from now on to read what you have to say.

Join the crowd who have him on ignore...

Gasper is a said excuse for a sports writer.

He know's nothing about football.
Did you see his game predictions last year?

My personal opinion is he is a diversity hire gone wrong.

This is from one of Micheal Holly & Michael Smith's biggest
supporters.

supporters.

I could be wrong but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship used in the Civil War era.

supporters.

It is one thing to complain about his commentary style, but it is completely different to accuse him as an affirmative action case of an unqualified person getting a job based on the color of his skin. When Gasper was just a beat writer, he was more than competent at his job. I personally don't like his commentary style, but I don't think he is unqualified.

I think you will regret your words on this post. Personally, any problem I have with him has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. I hate other columnists in this town more than Gasper and they are as white as white can be (Ryan and Shaunesey come to mind).

Agreed. I think Reiss is excellent.

Actually, he's not. He's just average. Twenty years ago, he'd be fighting for space in the secondary articles on the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back