PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christopher Gasper hates the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasper made an easy comparison and a pretty shrewd comment. People may not like them, or fully agree with them, but they certainly don't show that Gasper hates the Patriots.

so, I guess sucking ass as a journalist on a routine basis is somewhat more acceptable than an off night on the court?

I don't think he hates the Patriots...I think he's just out for himself, to promote himself and further HIS own personal aims in life...just like John Tomase, when HE wrote that infamous FALSE column the week of the Super Bowl. Sure Tomase got duped and it wasn't really his own first hand ,eyewitness report but he leapt at a chance to make a huge splash with a patented anti Patriot hit piece and it blew up in his face...while at the same time certainly distressing the Patriots organization and Patriots fans....so when "homers' get upset with reporting like this, a normal person should be able to ascertain why, since any normal person would SUE in a court of law if they were slandered/libeled unjustly.

The hot new thing for media people in this town is to become Patriots bashers. The ball washers seem to be passe. May fans have unrealistic standards for this team and feel the team deserves to be bashed if they don't at least go to the AFC Championship game. That is why there seems to be a strong upswell of "contrarians" (how many contrarians does it take before they become the prevailing sentiment?). You see Felger and Mazz on 98.5 (although they have been around, they are more prominent), Albert Breer, and Christopher Gasper joining Borges. Three years ago, all you could find is Borges and Felger.

I hate the ball washers (Fred Smerals, Pete Sheppard, Glenn Ordway) and Iam begining to hate the contrarians. Objectivity in this town has gone out the window and the media are covering the Pats the way the media covered the Red Sox pre-2004. Breer and Gasper are quickly becoming the younger version of Ryan and Shaunnesey. It is ok if the fans lose their objectivity, but the columnists shouldn't. We have put up with Borges doing it for years.

Last edited:
Gasper is an example of the current trend toward media hybridization -- and a bad one at that. He's much too young to have any appreciable level of credibility, and never earned his stripes as a writer/reporter. Now he's logging airtime on radio and television because he's "glib." Rather than work toward being an insightful reporter, he's honing a stir-the-pot contrarian approach to make a name for himself. Pathetic. And his voice sucks to boot. I change stations whenever he comes on just like for Borges.

I guess Gasper must have missed this part of Brady's interview:

"We do have the best coach, probably in the history of the NFL. He's got the answers," Brady said. "And when he comes in and talks to us on a Monday morning and says, 'This is what we need to do to win.' And then he comes back the next Monday morning and we lost the game and says, 'I gave you six things and we did one of them,' obviously, it's very frustrating for everybody.

"Me included. There are games where he (Belichick) says, 'This is a turnover-driven team and we can't have turnovers because they're going to capitalize and they've done that all season long. They're plus-12 in turnovers. They've scored this many points off them and if we do this, we're going to lose.' And of course I go out there on the first drive and fumble the ball. I always include myself. I'm at the top of the list. I've got to have a great season in order for our team to be productive. Along with everybody else, but the only person I can really control is myself."

Brady - 'We Weren't a Mentally Tough Team'

Pretty cheap shot! I can't believe Brady threw Brady under the bus like that. Brady should just worry about himself and let Brady worry about his own problems. If I was Tom Brady, it would be a long time that I would speak to myself after this.

Last edited:
Ordway isn't really a ball washer, he's ANOTHER big time self promoter...that's why he's known as the biggest flip flopper in the industry...what he stays away from is what the Tomases and Gaspers of the world can't, and that is questionable sources leading to erroneous reporting.

Felger's act is a schtick. Massarotti is just an angry ,loudmouthed runt with a Napolean complex who's managed to get himself almost persona non grata'ed out of the Boston sports scene entirely. MTV level Gresh and Zo pander to the under 25 texter crowd and Dale and Holley combine the faux hipster/Wonder Bread salesman partnership to at least set a somewhat reasonable standard.

The good old days of Boston media are dead and gone though...the best have moved on to national prominence or aged out of the market. At this point in time, I'd much rather read the membership here than the crap in the rags around town

Last edited:
So Jarvis Green could have been Richard Seymour if he'd just listened to the coach more?

Fred Taylor should just have heeded Belichick's parting words of "don't get hurt", and all would have been well?

Man, if the 31 other teams ever catch on to this brilliance, the league will be absolutely full of awesome teams. Maybe Henne should just listen to coach Sporano when he says "Be better than Tom Brady", and the Dolphins will be unstoppable.

Prior to Brady's interview, who knew that all turnovers were strictly the result of not listening to the head coach? Well, the secret is out now......

The absurdity of the Randy Moss comment doesn't bother me as much as the redundancy and laziness. It's hack. I don't care if he hates the Patriots. I just know not to tune in to him because he's immature, boring and lazy.

Total cop out on Brady's part. The fact is, Brady had his worst season since 2002 in terms of to closing out games. I don't know if he said this or not but he should've blamed himself for the team's collapse as well. How about his carelessness with the football against Baltimore? It looked like he couldn't wait for the season to end.

Yeah let's hate Gasper because he has an opinion, an opinion that doesn't favor the Pats. :rolleyes: If you don't like what he said, don't even think about it. In fact, even if it favors the Pats, you have to take everything with a grain of salt. A lot of you guys on this board need to stop taking what anybody says negatively about the Pats so personal.

I'd take anybody that wants to speak their mind any day of the week over someone that just relays whatever is given to them by the Pats.

Maybe you should listen to what Brady said before you climb up his *****. He specifically said he needed to play better and listen to the coach in terms of turnovers. Man talk about the pot calling the kettle black you should in the future probably have some frame of reference before you label everybody "homers". Especially when your M.O. is to get all over everybody else for jumping to conclusions.

So Jarvis Green could have been Richard Seymour if he'd just listened to the coach more?

Fred Taylor should just have heeded Belichick's parting words of "don't get hurt", and all would have been well?

Man, if the 31 other teams ever catch on to this brilliance, the league will be absolutely full of awesome teams. Maybe Henne should just listen to coach Sporano when he says "Be better than Tom Brady", and the Dolphins will be unstoppable.

Prior to Brady's interview, who knew that all turnovers were strictly the result of not listening to the head coach? Well, the secret is out now......

Man you must have spent some time on the practice field, how did you get all his coaching secrets???

Unbelievable how you can twist quotes around. Is this just you practicing the time honored Borges and now Gasper strategy of strictly being a contrarian just to gain notoriety?

Do you even have an opinion on any issue or are you just happy to always take the opposite of the prevailing view just to argue with other people?

You can disagree with Gaspers comments, but i'm reading through this thread and reading personal attacks. "Attention whore" or "Full of himself". How the **** do you know that? Do you know the man personally? No. He has an opinion about a sports team that you disagree agree with so you respond with personal attacks.

Its Pathetic. Hey Bro! said it perfectly. You need to stop taking things said about the Patriots so personally.

And BTW, some of the things said about Tomase were pretty sick. We have our problems with fans here in the UK, these days its the treatment of refs. But to attack a reporter? Wow....

Christopher Gasper's run away Anti - Patriot agenda was on full display on tonights 6:30pm Comcast NE Sports Tonight.

The first topic of the night was "what happened to Lebron James". With film of last nights Celtics win playing, Gasper claimed that "Lebron quit like Randy Moss". Michael Holley and Tanguay came back on topic, only to have Gasper repeat, "Lebron quit like Randy Moss". After Holley again brought the topic back to the Celtics and Lebron, I almost fell out of my chair as Gasper said for the THIRD time, "Lebron quit like Randy Moss". So much for the Celtics chat.

After the commercial break, the subject turned to the Patriots. Gasper stated that "Brady was wrong when he said that the Patriots failed last season because they didn't listen to their coach". Michael Holley, stuck up for Brady, saying that "Brady was in the locker room and in the huddle, and that Brady knows what he is talking about." Gasper replies, "Oh Yeah. When Brady fumbled and blew the Denver game, was that because he was not listening to the coach, or because he didn't execute?" Gasper reiterated that Brady is just making excuses.

Who does everybody here think is more negative, Gasper or Al Breer? Breer has been over the top negative lately, and I'm getting tired of it. I'll have to pay closer attention to Gasper.

I guess Gasper must have missed this part of Brady's interview:

Brady - 'We Weren't a Mentally Tough Team'

Pretty cheap shot! I can't believe Brady threw Brady under the bus like that. Brady should just worry about himself and let Brady worry about his own problems. If I was Tom Brady, it would be a long time that I would speak to myself after this.

Hilarious and great response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave that guy the odd read as he was Robin to Reiss' Batman. Honestly, not sure I've read single thing he's written since Mike moved on to ESPNB.

For me, Reiss, Price, and a sprinkling of Rappaport is plenty of solid Pats reporting for me. Though it will be soon time to listen to WEEI while working/travelling. That's a total crapshoot, as you all know.

Reiss is the gold standard. Fair, knowledgeable and his info is very accurate.

I like Christopher Price as well. The rest...meh.

A football season is more than a few cherry picked events. Brady is referring to moments he personally considers significant. Probably moments that he has seen handled differently by previous teams.

The Patriots were mentally tough during their Super Bowl years. They were not always the most talented, but they found a way to win, even under very pressure packed circumstances.

Belichick has probably been harping on the same principles since 2000 and he knows what it takes to win in the NFL. Brady is a 100% "buy in guy" and so were Harrison, McGinest, Troy Brown, Tedy etc.

It sounds like there are a bunch of locker room cancer types that see it as just a paycheck.

Last edited:
Gasper is an example of the current trend toward media hybridization -- and a bad one at that. He's much too young to have any appreciable level of credibility, and never earned his stripes as a writer/reporter. Now he's logging airtime on radio and television because he's "glib." Rather than work toward being an insightful reporter, he's honing a stir-the-pot contrarian approach to make a name for himself. Pathetic. And his voice sucks to boot. I change stations whenever he comes on just like for Borges.

Yep - I do the exact same thing, I don't get upset anymore, I just change the station or simply do not read anything but real news.

Is that what they are looking for?? Alienating the most dedicated sports team followers??

I gave up my subscription to the Globe 2 years ago and do not miss it all. I do not watch Felger or any of the shows I used to record.

I still get all my Patriot & sports news and I still do not have time to read or watch all that I want to watch - but I certainly do not support, watch or read the contrarian say anything, mean spirited, ratings seekers.

Who does everybody here think is more negative, Gasper or Al Breer? Breer has been over the top negative lately, and I'm getting tired of it. I'll have to pay closer attention to Gasper.

I have to go Gasper on this. I know Breer has taken a lot of heat here over the A Hernandez pot story, but overall I think he's a good journalist. I like his voice on the Extra Points blog; he's informative and fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back