Welcome to PatsFans.com

Christie vs Palin - Ethics + Integrity

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +620 / 13 / -5

#24 Jersey

“In the end, what I’ve always felt was the right decision remains the right decision today. Now is not my time. I have a commitment to the people of New Jersey that I simply will not abandon,” Christie said, speaking to reporters in Trenton. “People sent me to Trenton to get a job done, and I’m just not prepared to walk away.”

Read more: Chris Christie won't run for president in 2012 - Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman and Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

With this announcement that I am not seeking re-election... I've determined it's best to transfer the authority of governor to Lieutenant Governor Parnell; and I am willing to do so, so that this administration - with its positive agenda, its accomplishments, and its successful road to an incredible future - can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success.

Sarah Palin Resignation Speech: FULL VIDEO, TEXT

I don't know about anyone else, but if Christie decides to run in 2016, I'd seriously consider him - based simply on today's speech in which he explains why he cannot abandon the state which elected him.

It's school yard simple:

Winners don't quit - quitters don't win.