PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Christian Fauria Signs with Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats67

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just ran into TE Curran on another thread, where he reports Christian did in fact agree to a deal with the Redskins today. Good luck to a good man. He served us all well.

re:

He was always a funny, upbeat guy in interviews, not to mention an assassin in the red zone.

Best of luck to him.

Pats67 said:
Just ran into TE Curran on another thread, where he reports Christian did in fact agree to a deal with the Redskins today. Good luck to a good man. He served us all well.

I agree with you...it had to be hard sitting the bench as much as he did last year. He always gave 100% of what he had. The position is rapidly changing and he's not getting any younger.

I wonder if the Pats will bring back Zeron Fleminster or go for a guy that Brady knows like Aarson Shea?

It just won't be the same without that between the legs spike.

Pats67 said:

Yeah, good luck to Fauria. A real class guy during his years as a Patriot.

Between his age and the two guys in front of him on the depth chart, I'm not surprised that the Pats took a pass. Realistically, he would had to have signed here for a cap-discounte vet minimum deal. Otherwise, the Pats are better off with a younger, cheaper guy.

I think Christian's comfort with the press and willingness to speak probably allowed some breathing room to other guys who might not have been that comfortable with that element of the game. Hard to gauge the value of that as far as a locker room goes, but I think it's worth something.

Pfft...we have Vrabel. ALL HE DOES IS CATCH TD'S!!!!

hwc said:
Yeah, good luck to Fauria. A real class guy during his years as a Patriot.

Between his age and the two guys in front of him on the depth chart, I'm not surprised that the Pats took a pass. Realistically, he would had to have signed here for a cap-discounte vet minimum deal. Otherwise, the Pats are better off with a younger, cheaper guy.
TE suggests that perhaps Jed Weaver could get a call back, as one example.

Sweet, now we can draft another first round TE. Actually, I've been expecting a first day TE to give us the option of Watson and the new guy (would be in his second year) for 2007 if Graham leaves. The second round is actually looking like a strong spot for the non Vernon Davis TE.

Fauria was underestimated by pats fans. I noticed multiple instances where his blocking sprung big plays it didn't look like much but he got the job done.

From a Jew to a Christian: Thanks and good luck!

:D That was a classic.

Well my prediction that Fauria would stay as a Pat lasted 12 nanoseconds

SaCaCh said:

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing!

Thanks Christian!

I've been thinking the same thing regarding TE. A day one pick is much better insurance than Fauria.

BelichickFan said:
Sweet, now we can draft another first round TE. Actually, I've been expecting a first day TE to give us the option of Watson and the new guy (would be in his second year) for 2007 if Graham leaves. The second round is actually looking like a strong spot for the non Vernon Davis TE.

This is a very TE heavy draft, plenty of talent at TE that will fall into definatley the second rd and maybe even the third. If he is still around at 52, Lenoard Pope from Georgia 6'7" and an absolute beast!

My wife can't understand this move. I just hope that she does not become a Redskins fan now:)

FreeTedWilliams said:
This is a very TE heavy draft, plenty of talent at TE that will fall into definatley the second rd and maybe even the third. If he is still around at 52, Lenoard Pope from Georgia 6'7" and an absolute beast!
Yeah, that high #3 is nice.

Pope, Lewis, Klopenstein, Byrd, Fasano are all interesting as is Shefler from Western Michigan.

SaCaCh said:

Too bad Christian had his great SB catch taken away against Carolina. That toe-tapper was quite an effort on his part. Vrabel caught the next one, but Christian already had one for the TEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes