Welcome to PatsFans.com

Christian Domestic Discipline.. Loving Wife Spanking in a Christian Marriage..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 4, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Not sure how political this is, but it certainly is very bizarre.. there is a site dedicated to this, "This site is meant to be a haven for married couples who practice safe and consensual Christian Domestic Discipline, or for those who would like to learn more about it." Maybe Mahatma Gandhi was right, when he said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

This would go over real big in our household.. cannot imagine this situation in any relationship in the guise of discipline.

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/Home.html

A domestic discipline marriage is one in which one partner in the marriage is given authority over the other and has the means to back the authority, usually by spanking.

A Christian Domestic Discipline marriage is one that is set up according to Biblical standards; that is, the husband is the authority in the household. The wife is submissive to her husband as is fit in the Lord and her husband loves her as himself. He has the ultimate authority in his household, but it is tempered with the knowledge that he must answer to God for his actions and decisions. He has the authority to spank his wife for punishment, but in real CDD marriages this is taken very seriously and usually happens only rarely. CDD is so much more than just spanking. It is the husband loving the wife enough to guide and teach her, and the wife loving the husband enough to follow his leadership. A Christian marriage embodies true romance and a Christian man a true hero.

Though this seems unusual in today's United States, this kind of marriage has been practiced throughout history and is still practiced in many parts of the world tod
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +363 / 1 / -9

Sounds Muslim.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The Power of Christ Compells You!

[​IMG]
  4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

thank you for giving me,and Fogbuster, license to post religious views in the political forum until Kingdom come.

You and Patters have now posted enough cherrypicked anti-Christian garbage here to enable me to rationalize whatever response i feel is warrented.

thank you,
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I was thinking the same thing,...that's why I went along with it. Can't fight a rising tide, right? Of course, this story has nothing to do with modern Christians as a whole any more than individual liberty has anything to do with living in today's America. There's nothing to do with this story other than make fun of it. No offense. I've decided to stop being upset when religionists make fun of atheism and just have fun with all of the religions from now on.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

Like you did not have it before, I posted it more under the heading of bizarre than politics.. overall it is pretty strange behavior.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

You must have missed the Spaghetti Moster festival, to fight breast cancer, that they were having in Kansas.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=54847
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 6 / -8

PATTERS - I would like to request that this thread be discussed on the Religion forum.

I'm serious about this, guys. I really do believe we can discuss religion elsewhere... and actually, I don't see why this particular link isn't a good topic for a Religion forum thread.

Yeah, I get it, you guys are laughing.. but evidently the linked website itself is just a bunch of people who enjoy one of the literal interpretations of, well, Christian Domestic Discipline. I'm pretty sure it's what you would call Christian Kink... now, whether that's "Christianity," and what points one raises in defense or against such an interpretation, is definitely a Religious, not a Political, discussion.

I say move the post, and actually have the discussion.

PFnV
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Maybe "Ladies Lounge" would be better?:woohoo:
  10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 6 / -8

LOL Wistah... well, I'm about to pop in on the "Woo Hoo We Win!" thread to see how much crowing is going on, now that they're feeling sure that religious cant is encouraged in the Political forum.

I certainly disagree with the decision, if in fact that's what it is, and I see no indications to the contrary yet.

Free speech - yeah okay, you get what you pay for ;)

PFnV
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +196 / 7 / -23

I agree completely, not sure why I posted it here, just caught me as one of the most bizarre things that have ever come across.. should have put it in that forum. As the originator of this I agree with moving it completely, also suggest that whoever moderates that forum get rid of the crap there so that it becomes a viable forum.