PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Redman anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in favour of dropping Matt Cassel but not in favour of getting some JAG qb of the street. There is a reason there are unsigned. I hope there trade for Todd Collins, Damon Huard or Jeff Garcia or somebody like that.

The Chris Redman that was drafted by that QB powerhouse, the Ravens, and could never become their starter, hurt his back because he was hit many times, missed almost a full season due to injury, was cut by the Ravens despite the fact they still don't have a quarterback, picked up in the off season by the Pats, but never even made it through training camp, that Chris Redman? :eek:

What are you?

Yup, the very same.

I saw him play for a beaten, battered, given up for dead Atlanta team and he looked pretty good. You can mock him all you want but he showed poise and pocket presence and read some defenses.

Not Tom Brady good, or Drew Brees but definitely better than Michael Vick or in this case, Matt Cassel.

Not that I've given up on Cassel, not at all. Just saying.

He COULD have been had cheaply, and probably still can, but it's probably too late. Oh well.

Yup, the very same.

I saw him play for a beaten, battered, given up for dead Atlanta team and he looked pretty good. You can mock him all you want but he showed poise and pocket presence and read some defenses.

Not Tom Brady good, or Drew Brees but definitely better than Michael Vick or in this case, Matt Cassel.

He COULD have been had cheaply, and probably still can, but it's probably too late. Oh well.

wait. you mean the same chris redman that we already tried once, and cut? :rolleyes:

Yup, the very same.

FYI - I live in Atlanta, go to the games pretty often, was there yesterday, and I can unequivocally say the dude sucks. Atlanta Falcons fans would agree.

FYI - I live in Atlanta, go to the games pretty often, was there yesterday, and I can unequivocally say the dude sucks. Atlanta Falcons fans would agree.

Really? I thought he played pretty well last year.

OK, never mind.

Just kidding. I thought he was good.

Better than Cassel last night, that's for sure. Not that I'm giving up on him.

wait. you mean the same chris redman that we already tried once, and cut? :rolleyes:

Yes, maybe he improved, he'd been injured just before that.

I don't know. I thought he was good for Atlanta last year. He was when I saw him. Better than Cassel. (Not that I'm giving up on Cassel, not hardly).

He WOULD have been good to get soon after Brady's injury as would have many QBs. Cause Cassel looks like he's in a little over his head right now. No offense meant.

But Jets fans Trolls posing as Patriots fans here don't KNOW facts like that:p

From my remembrance, they cut him a few weeks after signing him during the summer. So I'm not sure they really gave him much of a shot...I think he was coming off an injury too.

From my remembrance, they cut him a few weeks after signing him during the summer. So I'm not sure they really gave him much of a shot...I think he was coming off an injury too.

Mary - Are you related to Redman? Seriously, Fess up.

or are you Chris Redman?!?!?!?!? :eek:

Really? I thought he played pretty well last year.

OK, never mind.

Just kidding. I thought he was good.

Better than Cassel last night, that's for sure. Not that I'm giving up on him.

He played the last 4 games, I think. He was 1-3 and in one game he was 4-15 with 35 yards (Tampa Bay, I think). No kidding - Like 30 yards or something. You can check his stats, but the amazing thing was that he was going up against scrubs and the only game he won was the final game of the season against Seattle and they sat everyone in preparation for the play-offs.

Horrible.

I think he played for Atlanta last year. He was very serviceable...brought them back, showed poise, accurate....but what do I know.

AT the risk of sounding like a troll....I thought we had him signed once, maybe they could get him?

Not that I'm off the Cassel bandwagon, I just think he needs a break, maybe learn under someone for a few weeks. I hope his confidence isn't shot, because he has a laser arm much of the time.

yes, I know the playbook isn't that easy, but maybe a vet could pick it up.

I am not sure about Cassel's potential but one thing I know that if he doesn't get it after 3 or 4 years in the system 3 or 4 more weeks won't help.

The more I think about it the more I think that Cassel can be a good QB but he just hasn't seen enough game action to feel comfortable playing at game speed. Hopefully by the end of the season he will be seasoned enough to read and react faster.

Brady had a much game experience when he became a starter and had better defense. Cassel has better receivers overall than Brady had, but Troy Brown at his peak was a great safety valve and an unbelievably clutch player. I would take Troy circa 2001 over any other receiver on the team right not named Randy Moss.

The more I think about this the more I blame the defense for the losses. Expecting Cassel to comeback from 14-21 points down is unrealistic. One of the things about the D when Brady began his assent was that they always got THE stop or THE turnover and the defense now doesn't seem to be able to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back