Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chris Price's Theismann Interview

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by shmessy, Jun 22, 2007.

1. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -3

#75 Jersey

2. Grizzafted

Grizzafted Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He's so full of B.S. I'll give him that Tony Kornheiser can be a distraction from the game, but ESPN thinks that having one pure "entertainer" on the broadcast is going to keep people interested in what at this point is an afterthought game. I understand that logic, even if it can be irritating at times (PS, Tony - Nobody cares about your fantasy team. Those comments should not make a reappearance this year.)

But, what Joe doesn't want to look in the face, and what I can imagine nobody from ESPN wanted to come out and tell him was....well, he's not a very smart guy. His commentary was wishy-washy, not insightful, and at times plain dumb. It got so routine it became a joke: guy completes a pass, he "looks really comfortable and in rhythm out there," he throws an interception four plays later and, "he just doesn't look like he's on his game tonight." He needed to go. They shouldn't have told him it was his "best year."

They should scrap the whole team and go with the Jaws/Vermeil crew, anyway.
  3. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I always liked Al Michaels announcing,IMO he was born to broadcast sports games.
  4. kriskanos

kriskanos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Theismann needs to go back to American Gladiators
  5. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Note to self: If I ever see Joe in public, never, never, NEVER ask him how it's going...

Good find, though. Thanks.

Seems like an okay guy. Nice to get some candid insight.