Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chris Matthews Claims It's His Job To Help Make Obama A Success

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Can't watch youtube at work so I don't know exactly what he said but - Chrissy Orgasm and Odorman played a large part in getting him elected so, yeah, I'd say it would help if they did what they can to make him successful - although I have no idea what they can do. As I've said before I liked Chrissy before and I still like him when he has good guests on but it will be a long time, if ever, before I can watch his show again after the disingenuousness he showed with his partisanship the past year or so.
  3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! Did he claim it was for the good of country or just because he's enamored with Obama? Also, if his show is supposed to be subjective, I could care less if he makes Obama look good on his show.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Matthews has turned into a Politically Correct Obama Ballwashing Racist.
  5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

welcome to how normal people felt for the last 8 years. Excuse me if I don't have that much sympathy for your plight.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

When it was announced that Messiah had won I thought "now I know how the dingobats felt when Bush won"
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

If a white person wants to do something for a black person...even if it's ONLY because they are black, it is no way, shape or form, racist. So why would you even bring that up?

If a white person doesn't want a white person to become president and does anything he can to make that happen, it is no way, shape or form, racist.

You do understand this, right Harry? Personally, I was gettn' tired of whitey myself, so I voted for Obama...OBAMA...O-BA-MA...O-BA-MA!!!!.:D
  8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

And don't forget that after 9/11 the media was falling all over itself to kiss his ass. Time called him a "visionary," and Fox News was jerking off on tv over him every night. It was only after Iraq turned into a mess that you saw the "liberal" media begin to turn away from him, and justifiably so.

I personally hate "punditry" on all sides. The idea of people whose job it is to go on t.v. or radio and tell you what to think is an insult to basic intelligence. Especially, when that seems to have supplanted traditional news as the main source of information for most people.

I just don't really feel bad for Republicans at this point when you've had O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh et. al calling us traitors and what not for 8 years every time we questioned anything. I can't stand Chris Matthews or Keith Olbermann either, but part of me thinks that both sides have to suffer from the dominance of the others' opinions before we can get rid of that model and smarten up.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Sean Hannity should not be allowed on the airwaves. We should overlook freedome of speech in his case...he doesn't deserve it.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I can't stand any of them, but there is nobody who is as dishonest as Hannity, on either side. I honestly think that Fox sticks him with Colmes because they are afraid that if he isn't second guessed, he'll slander someone. That being said, I don't believe in slander or libel laws, and I know you're half-joking, but I wouldn't ban anyone for anything. That's a major departure for me from the Democratic Party, I think the idea of the fairness doctrine is beyond pathetic and unconstitutional. Plus it doesn't solve the problem of people being dumb enough to listen to pundits.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

What does this have to do with George Bush, black people, IRAAAAAAQ!, or racism? I posted this simply to show how retahdid some people in the media are. I watch Hardball, although not as much in the last 30+ days, and genuinely like Matthews, but for a host on a major news channel to say that it's "his job" to make sure Obama is a success, is a little disappointing to me. Does this mean that he's going to purposely, and willfully slant the news to favor Obama, or his personal POV? In a sense I'm glad he's being honest about his bias. What's disturbing though, is that he actually thinks he's doing his job, or what's right.
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Matthews has actually lost incredible credibility in the industry (as has ALL of MSNBC) because of stupid stuff like this. I have no problem that he get's all tingly about Obama. But as someone that portrays himself as a JOURNALIST (not a news commentator), it really is pathetic.
  13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

The problem is that credibility, popularity and affects are not the same things. That's why the punditry model as a whole has to go.
  14. slowpoke2

slowpoke2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

AGREED

:banned:
  15. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Come on fellas, diversity should be celebrated. That includes political diversity as well!
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

I'm not trying to "get into it with you" wildo, but out of pure interest, how can you NOT support slander and libel? So if I'm a public figure and you lie about me and it ruins my business, that's ok? Am I supposed to defend myself against every rumor that my bring me harm.

I just don't see how that would make any sense. No one should have the right to force me to defend myself for no reason. By your rationale, then it would be ok for me to beat the crap out of anyone who starts a false rumor about me.
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

In a society that supports absolute freedom of speech the truth will bear itself out. The problem isn't what people say, it's ignorant reaction to it. Libel and Slander only have negative repercussions if people believe it, and they only believe it when there's a virtual monopoly on the flow of information and education. And nobody has the freedom to physically harm another person.
  18. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

It's called the freedom of choice. If someone ruined my life with lies and didn't have to pay me for it, you can bet I'd use my freedom of choice on them. But then again, that is why we DO have slander and libel laws...so they WILL have to pay me.

Wildo, I think where you and I part philosophically is that I don't believe in Utopia or the pursuit of it. Utopia requires citizens who are all fundamently in pursuit of perfection and that will never happen. So practicality reigns over utopia every time in the political and legal arenas.
  19. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +87 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Don't tell that to the 5 District Attorney's still waiting for Al Sharpton to pay them.
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Was someone's life ruined or was it just wrongful accusations that hurt the image of the office? Not that it matters that much, I'm just not familiar with the case. Either way, the fine must be paid.

But in my opinion, harming the image of an office does not compare to damaging the reputation of an individual especially if it affects them financially.