PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Long "a Vrabel-type player"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Long slips through a crack and falls to #7, the Pats should select him. He is relentless and has decent instincts.

I watched Maluguaga play tonight and he looks slow. He brings a massive punch when he gets there, but it takes him a while to get there. He is strictly an inside guy. He should stay in school next season and work on speed and instincts. He took a lot of false steps tonight.

OLB Q Groves of Auburn had a whale of a game vs. Clemson and actually made some plays in the running game.

The anncouner said that Al Groh thought he would be a "Vrabel type player" in the NFL, but Groh, who has coached with BB, also thouht that Long would get "worn out" at MLB.

He probably would get worn out as a MLB. Good thing the Pats use 2 ILBs...

Re: Chris Long "a MIKE MAMULA" type

He is going to come out hyped and might even blow up the combine but he is TOO much of a tweener. Maualuga will declare and we wont dare trade back to grab him. I have always gone along with experience at LB(no high draft picks)too but even BB says this guy is special. A phone call could even be placed telling him he should come out early.....Blame it on me,LOL.

He is going to come out hyped and might even blow up the combine but he is TOO much of a tweener. Maualuga will declare and we wont dare trade back to grab him. I have always gone along with experience at LB(no high draft picks)too but even BB says this guy is special. A phone call could even be placed telling him he should come out early.....Blame it on me,LOL.

Maualuga has said he's returning for his senior year at USC.

Defense, defense, and even more defense! Four first day picks, four defensive players (hopefully a linebacker or two for a change of pace).

Couldn't agree more, unless a stud OT remains available; otherwise, I would love 1 ILB, 2 CB and 1 SS

Couldn't agree more, unless a stud OT remains available; otherwise, I would love 1 ILB, 2 CB and 1 SS

Do you want another SS to replace Harrison who should be behind James Sanders next season?

He is going to come out hyped and might even blow up the combine but he is TOO much of a tweener. .

You're nuts. Mamula was a combine wonder. Like Matt Jones, Chris Henry (RB), etc.

I didn't see the game yesterday, and the Leach offense is so quirky it's not really useful in evaluating defensive players. But I've seen C Long play three games this year, and the word to best describe him is (have you heard this from me before?) Unblockable. Nobody has been able to even slow him down one-on-one, and he defeats most double teams.

Let's not confuse a guy who's been amazingly productive on the field with one who had a nice vertical and shuttle.

I still think Long might be best utilized in our D as an ILB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back