Chris Henry RB Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
081305scrimmage01.jpg

501m8503.jpg

With his size, speed, and power do you think he'd be a good backup for Maroney?

Here's the scouting report. Alternatives: 1 2 3

What round would you select him in, if you were to select him at all?

With his size, speed, and power do you think he'd be a good backup for Maroney?

Here's the scouting report. Alternatives: 1 2 3

What round would you select him in, if you were to select him at all?

Not that much college experience and probably was a round 4 pick pre combine. But after those numbers he put up at the combine hes going into someones hands at the end of round 2 mid round 3.

I can see how people would like him to complement Maroney but for me theres not enough experience and a 3.4 yard average rushing scares me off because he didnt face elite competition much.

I'd pass. But if he were hanging around in the 4th (which i dont think he will be) i might be tempted.

Not that much college experience and probably was a round 4 pick pre combine. But after those numbers he put up at the combine hes going into someones hands at the end of round 2 mid round 3.

I can see how people would like him to complement Maroney but for me theres not enough experience and a 3.4 yard average rushing scares me off because he didnt face elite competition much.

I'd pass. But if he were hanging around in the 4th (which i dont think he will be) i might be tempted.

Yea, that's about where I stand, as well. If he was around in the 4th/5th I would take him, but I wouldn't spend the 3rd, or even late second some people are suggesting now. If not for those combine numbers he probably could have been a nice late round sleeper.

Speaking of late round sleepers:
I think we all start trying to find late round sleepers, talk about them, spike interest, and they're no loner sleepers. It seems some of the guys we target as late round sleepers end up going higher than everyone initially projected them. If everyone is calling the same player a sleeper, than they can't really be a sleeper, can they?

Yea, that's about where I stand, as well. If he was around in the 4th/5th I would take him, but I wouldn't spend the 3rd, or even late second some people are suggesting now. If not for those combine numbers he probably could have been a nice late round sleeper.

Speaking of late round sleepers:
I think we all start trying to find late round sleepers, talk about them, spike interest, and they're no loner sleepers. It seems some of the guys we target as late round sleepers end up going higher than everyone initially projected them. If everyone is calling the same player a sleeper, than they can't really be a sleeper, can they?

To me the term sleeper is so widely overused that every team that drafts 6 to 7 players has at least two sleepers or so.

So using that logic there are 64 drafted sleepers each year.;)

Anyway thinking about that for a second. Jerome Harrison was considered a pretty good sleeper. Most teams that inetrviewed him liked him. We interviewed him and most felt he was going o be a third rounder or fourth, but at least a first day pick.

What happened come draft day? Drafted in the fifth round day 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes