Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chris Gocong, DE Cal Poly could be the next Tedy

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by FreeTedWilliams, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

We had a tread on him the other day but it disappeared into the neverlands of the interent. Someone said that the Pats had him in for a workout. Check him out:
    http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showprospect.php?key=Chris Gocong

Here are he stats from his senior year:
    in 13 games he had 98 total tackles, including 31.5 for a loss, of them 23.5 were sacks. He is an Engineering major and at 6' 2" 263 with a 4.7 40 yrd dash, he is screaming Middle LB, a nice project for a 6th rd pick.

If you don't still think he can fit in the Pats system, look who else is studying him:
    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news_room/news/arts/5159.0.html

2. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Looks like a real nice day 2 guy.

3. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

If you want him, you take him first day. I'm actually higher on this kid then Manny Lawson, and I think Lawson will be a 3-4 OLB to contend with. Of the kids I watched in the All-Star games, these two had the best nose for the ball, getting one of them is my draft priority, and I like Gocong because he has the QB/LB/NT/DE background, the numbers, and the Tedy-like impression he made at the All-Star game and the Combine.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

This is the year we'll restock LB. I want to see a first round LB (Lawson, Carpenter or Greenway) and a third round LB like Gocong or the like. After the really old LB crew of Tedy, Willie, TJ and Phifer, we'd actually be young at LB if we did this with only Tedy getting old and Vrabel just touching 30.

5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

The beauty of it is, for this guy or others, the Patriots draft ahead of Crennel and Saban in rounds 3, 4, 5 and ahead of Mangini in round 5. Short of having an extra #1, Belioli has set us up beautifully this year. Having an extra 3, 4, 5 is just awesome the more you look at the depth of this draft.

6. CoachK

CoachK Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think day 1 is too early, but if he is there on Day 2 (and I expect him to be), we grab him with one of our 4th round picks.

7. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

As long as we get him, I like what this kid brings to the game. And he can work with the trainers designing prosthetic devices for the sick, lame, and lazy in his off time.

8. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +445 / 36 / -17

Cocong ? YES!

My feeling exactly and I wanted CoCong ever since I saw him at the combine I had him targeted with a round four pick, but maybe we'll move him up into the third.

People saythe Pats will draft a couple of LBs this year; I want to point out that the Pats have lost a) Phifer, b) TJ, c) Mcginest, d) Chatham and e) Brown in the last 12 months.
    That adds up to more than "a couple" and aslo includes, Three Starters! I think we stock the larder and it will be more than a couple in my opinion.

Especially as we are full up in several other squad categories, like DL and OL.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

But we've also added Beisel and Claridge. Whether they stick (and Beisel is a FA in 12 months), who knows, but based on how last season ended we only need two (McGinest, Brown, Chatham gone, Claridge added - if he makes the team).

This could be a monster year of transtion for the LB if Beisel and Claridge don't make it.

10. MrTibbs

MrTibbs Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cogong will be gone day one no question. The guy has over 31 sacks in 2 seasons and regardless of what division he was in that is extremely productive.

11. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

Yes he was very productive the last two year's in school (and he's super intelligent with great character traits) , but that was against less than steller talent. However he did not look out of place in the all star game. If this kid had a little more explosion, I'd take him on day 1. But because he's not as "sudden" as the Pats need an ILB to be, I think we can bag him on Day 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.