Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chris Christie Signs Bill Banning 'Ex-Gay' Therapy To Minors

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 19, 2013.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Chris Christie, who also signed some gun restrictions this week as well, stood up and signed this legislation to stop this foolishness...

AKA brainwashing, or based on the theory that if your gay sons had a good woman they could be "cured" or if our daughters had a real man they would be cured as well.... or maybe some type of aversion therapy, al a "Clock Work Orange"....

Somebody is gonna be in trouble...

Chris Christie Signs Bill Banning 'Ex-Gay' Therapy To Minors - On Top Magazine | Gay news & entertainment

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Took a day or two, but the right is enraged over Governor Christie's actions.. the predictables respond...

3. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 5 / -3

Unwanted same sex attractions via molestation? Do you mean from say...certain priests within a certain church, Hannity?
  4. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

Well, I hope Christie doesn't really want to be President because now it ain't gonna happen.

Gotta love how Progressives think they know better than parents what is best for their children.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

did you really just call Christie a progressive?

Really???
  6. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

I wouldn't vote for him. Not a chance.
  7. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 5 / -3

Maybe they don't but there are plenty of parents who don't do what's best for their children. No child or teen should be subjected to "conversion therapy". There is no legitimate therapeutic conversion from homosexuality as its not a choice, and this 'therapy' has plenty of potential for abuse.
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

well that's fine ... whatever ... but he's not a progressive.

I'm not to sure about him except I do like that he's neither a liberal or a conservative.

In today's world ... that's a tough area to survive.

He's socially a tad to the left and economically a bit to the right ... many American's fall in that category now

Your category is almost ready for the history museum BTW.

JK .... :D
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  9. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 5 / -3

It's actually really sad to think but when Christie embraced Obama to help w/Sandy I was deeply impressed that a lawmaker might put politics aside for a minute. But then I realize that sort of cooperation should exist all the time.
  10. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

That's your opinion. In fact there is no scientific evidence that proves that homosexuality is physiological in nature. In fact, we don't know what causes this abnormality.
    That being said, I believe the evidence is more favorable for it being a physcological abnormality and not chosen by most people.

Ive provided evidence in the past on this board showing people who have gone through conversation therapy and have no homosexual desires going forward. Are all these people liars?

The part I hate most about this is the state telling parents which psychological treatments they can provide for their children.
    This is the Progressive movement pushing their homosexual agenda...nothing more, nothing less.
  11. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,081 / 6 / -24

#61 Jersey

So, you'd support parents attempting to "cure" their child of homosexuality? If such parents exist, you're damn right Christie knows what's best!
  12. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

Spoken like a true Progressive.....
  13. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,081 / 6 / -24

#61 Jersey

I don't know what this means. I simply was applying common sense.
  14. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Any parent that sends their kid to gay camp or gay therapy shouldn't be a parent, love your kids for who they are, stop trying to change them, let them be who they want to be....

There is nothing wrong with being gay! Theres nothing wrong with these kids...Other then they have messed up parents who can't love them unconditionally...

Edit: BTW if you don't like it, feel free to move to Iran or Russia! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
  15. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know, its the same with jerks who think they know it all, we don't know what causes this abnormality. We think it might have to do with with not being held as a child or loved unconditionally.;)

Calling at an abnormality is beyond disrespectful...I hope you don't have kids...:rolleyes:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
  16. Claremonster

Claremonster Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

If people turned off and stopped paying attention to the media brainwashing, most of the gay agenda would go away.
  17. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 5 / -3

That's not my opinion. It is fact based upon experience. By best friend is gay, and he has been so forever. His father recently found out he was gay (he's 22 now) and disowned him. In fact he told my friend years back that he'd "throw himself off a building" if his son was gay. On top of that consider that my friend lost his younger sister in a car accident a year ago and is one of the strongest people I know in the world with all the crap he's gone through. His behavior is not abnormal and that's insulting.

Really, the homosexual agenda? Does that make you uncomfortable? Because the only agenda I see is getting equal rights for ALL people, including gays. Don't understand why you think it's just a progressive agenda either. It's as Tunescribe said 'common sense'.

Maybe meet a few gay people? Talk to them? Befriend them? You may find yourself enlightened, but if not I feel sorry that you believe in such nonsense.
  18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,025 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Ooops now you did it ...

You will get the line he knew he was gay after birth ... that's the line I got. :doh::doh::doh:
  19. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

Well, again it's not a fact. If it were a fact, we could prove it scientifcally and we can't prove it scientifically so its not a fact.

Your best friend has been gay forever. How exactly did you know? I mean, I didn't know I was attracted to girls until I was 12. Was your friend sexually attracted to boys when he was 5?

Actually, homosexual sex is abnormal regardless of who does it. The attraction of one man sexually to another is clearly disordered and abnormal as it contradicts the primary purpose of sex....procreation. It obviously contradicts natural law.

What makes me "uncomfortable" is when Progressives mislead people to change the defintion of marriage to include a relationship that is clearly disordered and contrary to natural law. Now, if someone chooses to live that lifestyle that is up to them but when the state endorses it, it is a betrayal of what was given to us by our founding fathers and nature's God.

I've met many homosexual men and women in the churchs I have attended. Good, caring people who wanted to live a Godly Catholic life and I believe that they could end up in heaven.
    That being said, I have met many more who have decided to embrace their disordered desires and I feel sorry that they have been so deceived.
  20. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +202 / 9 / -26

"Common Sense" as seen by the Progressive faith.