PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Canty: "Get ready for a great parade on Tuesday"

Status
Not open for further replies.
6154_92c5.gif

I think the whole thing is terribly bizarre.

I'm not sure what the better strategy is to be honest. I don't know if I'd want my players as confident as possible (we've seen it work), or if I'd want them to just do the talking on the field.

We all know that the game will be decided on the field, but sometimes it does help to have your team come out with that blazing intensity. I guess we'll know more very soon.

There's nothing really to gain from outward arrogance to the public. Both teams have to be confident amongst themselves, but dissing the other team before the game is played isn't smart. Especially when dealing with two evenly matched professional teams. It's not like Alabama against Morgan State where Bama players could talk all they want and Morgan State is so outclassed athletically that they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Anybody good enough to make the SB is good enough to win it.

Underestimate your opponent and you become prone to letting your guard down. Whereas a slighted opponent is going to find that extra gear. Winning/losing matters, but it matters even more when there's animosity added to the mix. Who you beat/lose to matters more. The Giants are rattling the cage at this point, and it can only serve to their detriment.

The more this week wears on the more I think the Giants have convicned themselves the talk that they are better than their record, are hot, are some type of dominant defense despite managing to allow 25 ppg this year is for real.

The Giants are going to come into this game way overconfident, actually thinking they are the better team. I am beginning to think we are going to see one of these games where Brady comes out on fire and we have 20-27 on the board by halftime, while the Giants are wondering what hit them.

Hope you're right. Nothing I'd rather see more.

I just hope we don't let them get away with this talk like we did with the Jets in week 2 of last season.

How often does this much trash talk work & go well against the Pats?

This sounds like the eagles parade all over.

Last edited:
I wonder if Brandon Jacos told Canty "It's time to shut up, fat boy"?

For a team that claims that the Jets' trash talking turned around their season, they are doing a lot of trash talking themselves.

There's nothing really to gain from outward arrogance to the public. Both teams have to be confident amongst themselves, but dissing the other team before the game is played isn't smart. Especially when dealing with two evenly matched professional teams. It's not like Alabama against Morgan State where Bama players could talk all they want and Morgan State is so outclassed athletically that they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Anybody good enough to make the SB is good enough to win it.

Underestimate your opponent and you become prone to letting your guard down. Whereas a slighted opponent is going to find that extra gear. Winning/losing matters, but it matters even more when there's animosity added to the mix. Who you beat/lose to matters more. The Giants are rattling the cage at this point, and it can only serve to their detriment.

Good answer, BoTown.

I agree, as another poster said--I just hope they don't make us look like b!tches by backing it up a la NYJ 2010.

I guess there is no point playing the game, since Canty has already told NYG fans to attend Tuesday's parade.

Perchance we should just fast forward to the Giants hoisting the Lombardi, since the lot of them are already crowning themselves as world champions..

LOL. I didn't know Chris planned to come to Boston after the game.

The more this week wears on the more I think the Giants have convicned themselves the talk that they are better than their record, are hot, are some type of dominant defense despite managing to allow 25 ppg this year is for real.

The Giants are going to come into this game way overconfident, actually thinking they are the better team. I am beginning to think we are going to see one of these games where Brady comes out on fire and we have 20-27 on the board by halftime, while the Giants are wondering what hit them.

I have noticed that seem theme as well.. interesting qoute from Kiwanuka here kind of alluding to it..

"Giants used to say Talk is cheap. Now it's like Facebook stock. "“I don’t get concerned about the big talk backfiring,” Kiwanuka said. “I just don’t like to over-hype the situation too much. You can start feeling yourself too much and start expecting the words to get the job done. That never happens. You have to have a little humility in there, but you also have to be as confident as you should be.

Even though the Giants are a classier organization than the jets we are learning not by much..It must be a NY thing but they can't help themselves.

I hope we stomp on them and run up the score in a big way !!!

the more i hear these giants players talk, the more i get the feeling that they are scared, and trying to hide it w/ talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back