PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Berman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
He really needs to stop giving the picks away 5 seconds before Tags announces them. "The Jets still need help on the offensive line here, that's just my guess." He's been doing it all day!

yeah as soon as he said that i said Mangold. :\

he's been goddam awesome today.

Yeah, it's annoying. Just another reason why I've mostly been watching the NFL Network.

He thought his mic was off whenever he said, "Okay. Big cornerback," right before Tags said Jason Allen was going to the Dolphins.

khayos said:
he's been goddam awesome today.

Berman is awesome....PERIOD! It's a shame that he got shafted by espn for any of the NFL games this year. Dissapointing indeed.

He also said, "I expect a curveball here," before the Bills took Whitner...he's on a roll!

He is pretty damned impressive.

Berman sucks.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the production crew probably knows what the pick is before the Commish gets to the podium? That they might whisper in Berman's ear who the pick is? They have those video packages ready to go two seconds after a name is announced, so it's more than likely that he knows before the announcement.

He's been giving them all away today. I stopped watching ESPN's coverage after the Allen pick. NFL Network is far superior to these turds on ESPN's panel.

Last edited:
Ahriman said:
Did it ever occur to anyone that the production crew probably knows what the pick is before the Commish gets to the podium? That they might whisper in Berman's ear who the pick is? They have those video packages ready to go two seconds after a name is announced, so it's more than likely that he knows before the announcement.

Yes, hence the reason for this thread. As for the others on here... :bricks:

He ruined the LenDale pick too.

He sucks. I hate when he waxes on some cheesy sob story. I hate when he says back-back-back in baseball.

I hate this guy.

I can't wait for Day Two. Who's doing it this year. Didn't Kolber do it last year and Tirico the years before that?

It's usually Kiper, Mort, and Kolber/Tirico?

Ahriman said:

He's been giving them all away today. I stopped watching ESPN's coverage after the Allen pick. NFL Network is far superior to these turds on ESPN's panel.
this happens every year. in fact i think he has been asked about it and he jokes that a cab driver from buffalo who usually drives him down to new york gives him all the insights or something . :) in fact even today he said a couple of times .."the cab driver was a bit late on that one".

Seymour93 said:
Yes, hence the reason for this thread. As for the others on here... :bricks:

I understood that you knew this when the thread was created, but the people who were replying clearly thought Berman was some sort of psychic.

Ahriman said:
I understood that you knew this when the thread was created, but the people who were replying clearly thought Berman was some sort of psychic.

Not psychic, just great insight. I would rather listen to Berman and his old school ramblings than May**** and Asswiper Kiper. Berman actually gives relevance and history to alot of pics, unlike everyone else out there who just spits out their bull**** opinions.

Anyone else see him go on and on about the Colts having a 'mulligan' this year?

WTF was he talking about. He kept rambling about how they were 13-0 and we should give them a mulligan. Then he brought up Dungy's sons death.

This lasted a good couple of minutes. When he finished the rest of the crew didn't respond because they had nothing to add to the waste of time.

Ahriman said:

I just got back from the draft with a few friends and our kids and it was one of the best football experiences ever. The way it worked was that a member of a team's staff would hand deliver the choice to the NFL table and they ounched it in to a computer sending it to every team (and presumably ESPN/NFL network). Immrediately the clock reverted to 15 minutes so that by the time Tags got to the podium the clock was already down to less than 14 minutes and the teams already knew the choices. The fans also knew because they would show a picture of the draftee (e.g. Jay Cutler) because Tags announced it.

Berman has the pick before you see it. He has no insight. The fact that he plays it off like he does is total garbage.

If you were listening to ESPN radio during the draft you got picks sometimes almost 5 minutes before they got announced on TV. Greenberg would tell you "my screen says Leinart just went to Arizona" well before this was announced on TV. Tags waited until it fit the ESPN broadcast before announcing them. By the time the KC pick at 20 was announced the Pats were down to 11 minutes - the pick was made 4 minutes ago.

The only foreshadowing I appreciated was Rich Eisen saying the Titans were making a 'big' pick before they took LenDale.

The draft coverage on the NFL channel was much better than ESPN. ESPN's coverage was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back