PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Berman Super Bowl XLI prediction......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots over Eagles.

And he still cant believe we have Junior Seau lol.:D

SeanBruschi54 said:
Patriots over Eagles.

Didn't see his Seau comment. Was it a good comment or one of his sarcastic ones, like, " I can't believe the Pats are so desperate to take Seau, or that Seau is still playing..."?

Like his prediction for SB XLI though...

He showed a Seau highlight during the show where Seau tackled the guy behind the line.

He was kinda surprised though but he had a smile on his face and then made his prediction. So it lead into the prediction.

Chris picks the Eagles and Patriots every year. It is great..

I like Berman quite a bit.

When he's not beholden to ESPN scripted garbage, his analysis is very good.

I gotta tell ya guys (and gals), My biggest fear for the team has always been the play of the secondary.

If the secondary can just be GOOD, I can see us very easily making it back to the big game.

The Philly pick is a real good one too.

Slagathor said:
I like Berman quite a bit.

When he's not beholden to ESPN scripted garbage, his analysis is very good.

I gotta tell ya guys (and gals), My biggest fear for the team has always been the play of the secondary.

If the secondary can just be GOOD, I can see us very easily making it back to the big game.

The Philly pick is a real good one too.

If that is your only concern, you have no worries. In my opinion we have a very deep, talented mix of quality veteran and upcoming young guys to dominate at the position. the need for a "shut down" corner, is not what it was a few years ago.

It's almost amusing that noone else in the media can show some common sense about long term strength of coaches and teams - actually it's a little pathetic.

In any given year, there can certainly be a team that all of a sudden jells, stays healthy, and gets a few breaks and can make it to the superbowl and even win it. OK. But usually noone predicts those teams anyway.

But year in and year out it seems kind of dense not to figure that the odds greatly favor that the usual suspects are the most likely to be there at the end. And those suspects are just simply the teams that have solid workmanlike teaching coaches, a high work ethic and real sense of team, reasonable drafting capability, and some common sense about free agency.

It's not hard to pick the current ones out:
NFC: Eagles, Seahawks, and Panthers
---- gets kind of thin after that - actually really thin
AFC: Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, (and Colts in a sense)
---- possibly getting to that level MAY be Bengals, Jaguars, and a much longer shot the Dolphins.

On the lighter side, that's three cats, two horses, two birds, and a 'fish' among those teams.

Berman is very good friends with Belichick. I wonder if he is either

1) Showing allegience to a friend
2) Making his choice with a little "off the record" info.

Of course, it could be that he is just reasonable and he realizes that NE probably won't be exposed to the bubonic plague again.

I like Berman a lot too. I wish they'd let him do more analysis rather than just being the "host" for those other clowns.

As for his predictions, well, he has always had teams that are his "favorites", and the Pats are definitely one of them. He picks them all the time.

I don't pay much attention to any of these guys' predictions, even if I like what they are predicting.

Hmmmm....the Swami usually picks the Bills vs the 49ers every year.

arrellbee said:
On the lighter side, that's three cats, two horses, two birds, and a 'fish' among those teams.

and one guy with a musket! ;) :D

SeanBruschi54 said:
Patriots over Eagles.

Berman is a boob and if he picked the Colts, you would all be saying the same thing. The reason he picks the Pats every year is because he does their Kickoff Gala and is close with the team. He is also close with the Eagles. He doesn't put anything into his prediction, he just picks teams he likes. He grew up in the Bay Area and was a 49ers fan and I believe he has quite a few friends in the Bills orginization as well, which is his all-time favorite team. I really don't care what anyone's Super Bowl prediction is right now but I certainly wouldn't put anything in to his. He's just pumping the teams he likes the most.

Also, Berman is a known huge Bills fan ( and openly roots for them when they are in big games) but they've sucked during the Pats run. If they were good during this time, I could assure you all the people who are saying they like Berman would be singing a different tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes