PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Baker on WEEI now

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Hoyer: "He is a pretty good quarterback".

On TE competition/comraderie: "The big thing is all four guys are good guys, good players. We all bring something different to the table. The most important thing is what we can do to help the team."

On comfort level: "I picked up a lot of things in the passing camp...In the last week and half the playbook has made a lot more sense to me. I am starting to feel a lot more comfortable."

On why the playbook is a challenge: "It has a lot of variables to it. Each offense is different. The vets already know it, so you are trying to catch up. It is like learning a new language...and getting old things out of your head."

Other offenses: "My firs three years was the west coach offense. My last three years it was more like San Diego's offense. Once you learn it you can add new things."

Biggest surprise: "The tight end is expected to do a lot. Knowing the line calls, protections, routes. I can go to Tom on the field with a question."

On Tom: "It's been great (catching passes from him). He puts it where it needs to be. It is your job to get open and catch it."

On QB consistency: "Makes things easier. You work on different things, watch film together, get used to his cadance."

Where does the offense need to work/improve? "If you don't score every time, improvement can be made. We have five great backs. The important part is becoming one unit and working together, and move forward."

Working with Thomas and Watson: "They have been helpful with Alex and I. They have been great with helping us out in the meetings and on the field."

More on TE competition: "This is the most talent I've been around at the TE position. We go out and compete. We push each other to get better but we also share pointers to help the guys go out and play better."

On nickname "Chris Baker the Touchdown Maker": "That sounds good. I struggled to get into the endzone last year but I have done it consistently" (Smiling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes