PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Baker: Jets Have 4 HoFers?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
arent these good/solid games?

@ buffalo 12 carries 69 yards 5.8 YPC 1 TD (especially this game b/c he was running very well but for some reason we didnt give him the ball enough)

vs NE 17 carries 70 yards

vs CIn 17 carries 65 yards 2 TD's?

I can't speak to the other games, but vs. New England, Jones didn't rush all that well. He got a 16 yard carry on his second run and one in the fourth (with the Pats up 16-3 and allowing the short stuff), but he was pretty unimpressive the rest of the day. Take away those two run and he rushed for 38 yards in 15 carries or 2.5 YPC. He had 9 rushes of three yards of less two for losses (a total of 12 yards lost). So he had two or three good runs and a crappy day. The Pats pretty much shut down the run all game.

makes sense that wilfork wouldn't have said "guys like hampton, jamal williams and jenkins" because he wouldn't be studying a guy who just got into the afc, plus jenkins leading up to this season, has been often injured (plus he was a 4-3 dlineman, pre jets)

if anyone here actually has any football knowledge at all and has been following the sport, you'd know that when jenkins is healthy, he's very very good, i mean did any of you watch when the panthers had their run to the sb? those years he was blocking a ****load of fgs and killing centers.

Last edited:
Baker's comments just go to show how unreasonable people in general get when discussing a player's hall of fame worthiness. It's the hall of FAME, not the hall of very good.

One of the things that you have to look at in judging a candidate's worth is how they compared to other players at their position over the time they played. Favre is a definite hall of famer. Faneca has been one of the most prolific guards of his generation, so he has a good shot of getting in. Is Coles going to get in in a field that contains Terrel Owens, Randy Moss, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Steve Smith, etc. I dunno. But he doesn't compare as well as Favre does to others who played his position over that time. Is Law really HOF worthy when you consider his career spanned Deion Sanders' dominance and Champ Bailey and Chris McCalister's time?

And the same goes for Patriots Players. The only ones I am certain will get in are Brady, BB, Moss, and Seymour. If Bruschi gets in, I don't think it will be until later on in his eligibilty. Harrison has a strong case, but there is still a lot of ill will towards him and he played during the era of the superstar safety. Mayo is way too young, as is Wilfork, for us to really know.

Kris Jenkins could be on his way to a HOF possibility if he can get through seasons healthy - Definately he is on top of his game as one of the best NT in the game

Jenkins almost by himself at times has the Jets defensive line look like they put a wall up on runners

Last edited:
Does anyone else love the multiple comments about how the aging and greying Pats defense? The guys obviously don't watch the game. The third down package consists of guys like Guyton, Mayo, Woods, Meriweather, Sanders, Hobbs who are all in their first 5 years of their careers. There are really only two "old" guys, Vrabel and O'Neal, and based on his week 1 tackle to save the game against KC, O'Neal clearly still has legs.
I can bet any amount of money this guy has no idea that Bruschi is only playing 1-2 downs at a time.

Kris Jenkins could be on his way to a HOF possibility if he can get through seasons healthy - Definately he is on top of his game as one of the best NT in the games

Nose tackles don't make the HOF. The greatest NT of all-time, Ted Washington, will never have a bust in Canton. It's highly unlikely Jenkins (who had 3+ years of nothing) or Wilfork will even receive HOF consideration when their time is up. Seymour is a possibility if he has dominating years in the future, but Moss and Brady are the only locks. Welker is certainly a possibility if he strings together many 100 catch seasons as he's still pretty young, though he suffers from reverse discrimination as a wide receiver - since the 1980s, white receivers have been considered as possession guys, and you see that trend continue with Welker - he's never rated amongst the best WRs in the league despite having the stats to be up there, but if he was black, he would be. It's a subconscious bias (the same that exists with black QBs), but it's impossible to dismiss.

SNARKIVES!!!

where ya been ,son?

seriously? Seymour isnt for sure, Mankins and Wilfork are still relatively too young, and Mayo is a rookie

Moss and Brady for sure, and Seymour is, although no gimme, worthy of mentioning. Harrison deserves consideration, but is a super long shot (plus he's out). I really do not think anyone else should be mentioned.

I also can't imagine too many players around the league seriously talking like that, though, on the Pats or otherwise. Baker's comments are foolish, and I'm sure his teammates would think of them that way, too. Listening to Andre Tippett's remarks earlier this season at his induction reminded me of how hallowed an honor it is considered--hardly any players would speak of it so cavalierly. It's not bulletin board material though--just one guy being kind of nuts.

And any mention of Mayo is super nutso.

IF any of those mentioned make the hall of fame it WON'T be as NJ Rats...so the point is moot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back