Welcome to PatsFans.com

Choosing our words (QuiGon)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

QuiGon, bro, maybe you might choose some other words, rather than "sc*mbag* to refer to someone else.

Your message has value, but when you resort to using such blatant ad hominem, it *really* weakens your credibility.

Don't you think??

;)
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe... but it also helps bring attention to the point... What can I say..? Writing was never my strong suit. What I need to do is do a better job of finding strong words to convey a point without crossing that fine line into ad hominem. I've plonked several of the people with whom my arguments were getting overly contentious so hopefully that will reduce the number of such incidents. It's just a shame I can't plonk a moderator...
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You are always right, I'd say don't stop with your name calling. It really makes your point stronger (like you said). And don't get down on yourslef, man, your writing is very good. You seem to be able to convey the exact message to the reader that you are expressing through your, at times, almost poetic use of the keyboard. I applaud your strength, courage, and vision.

With fondness (as the tears splash against my keyboard with joy),
    Holy Diver
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You gotta be sh!tting us here HD, eh? And laughing all the way.