Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I presume that we will sign a few more inexpensive players at FB, LS, S and perhaps even at DL or LB.

That should leave us enough for one major move. What would you do.

I'd like to think we've got enough money to extend Wilfork and sign Jason Taylor. I don't think he'd be looking for a mega contract.

I'd like to think we've got enough money to extend Wilfork and sign Jason Taylor. I don't think he'd be looking for a mega contract.

Wilfork will be. Haynesworth took care of that.

Sign Taylor, franchise and/or sign Wilfork next year.

As I recall both Wilfork and his agent said something a short while ago, and have said nothing since - which makes me believe the Pats reached a tentative agreement as far as when they would work something out.

At first I thought it would be right after Cassel was traded, but now I'm wondering if a number was verbally agreed upon for next year, when there will be no cap restraints.

I know I'm supposed to be clicking a button, but this is a tough poll.

Jason Taylor - seems to be in every thread, and I'm not entirely sure why.
does he really still have it and is he actually worth 4-5m?

a wide receiver - I think the 4-5m wr's are gone.
who's left that's under the age of 40?

extend Wilfork - I would definitely put in a vote for wilfork, but w/the way they've got everybody's contract expiring this year, and w/the possible uncapped year and new cba approacing I have no idea whether or not that's a priority for them right now, or if it's better business to wait on that.

sign two mid-level players - maybe this is all that's left to vote for, but I'm not really sure which 2m player is out there that'd I'd be excited to vote for, and I expect they'll be signing a few more small money guys anyway, whether I vote for them or not.

Wilfork, unless we can get Holt for ~4M.

I think Wilfork can wait until his bonus counts on the 2010 cap instead of 2009. There is no rush to sign the agreement even if it is finished. At very worst, we can franchise him for 2010 and 2011.

I think that this is a difficult poll. Are there two $2-3M players that we want? I doubt it. My alternatives are Jason Taylor and Holt. I think either would be a major addition. Taylor is probably preferable if Belichick thinks that he has two productive years left.

Taylor if he's hungry.

If not, Holt.

Vince can be tagged. I'll talk to him about it at the Draft party... :D

Last edited:
I would say extend Wilfork, but realistically the only way we keep his is with an uncapped year. Thanxs Albert......4 or five million won't get it done.

I don't like the options other than Wilfork at $5-6M.

Not enough to go after Peppers. Bodden might be an option, but I'm not sure with Springs on board that he would be worth not extending Vince. No WR that I see available at that money making enough of a difference. I don't see two $2-3M guys making much difference. And I definitely don't want to spend that on a 35 year old part-time dancer and DE. So I would use the money on our most important defensive player.

But if you upped it to $8-10M, then it would be another story. Then I would go after an impact OLB.

Gotta extend Vinny. Losing him would absolutely kill the Pats' D.

wilfork should be the primary option...he's the most integral part of our d

Wilfie is one a my big fat guy faves. Secondly, I'd love to see Taylor end his career here with 2 rings.

Extend Big Vince, is the clear #1 option

Extending Wilfork is the priority, however intuition for some reason tells me Peppers is in play. I may be mightily wrong, but something tells me this story isn't finished. Picks 23+34 would get it done, but I'm not sold on it.

Last edited:
how's your intuition with lottery numbers?
icon10.gif

Who is considered "mid-level"? Who are considered "JAGs"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back