PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chip Kelly holding out for New England Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would surprise me. BB has nowhere to go and nothing to do past football. He could stay for another 10 years easily.

And could just as easily leave after one more SB win. As for there being nowhere to go for BB, I strongly disagree. He's in the position where he could take on any new challenge he wants. That might be to lead the Patriots to post-Brady success. It might be to be the first HC to win SB's with two different teams. It might be to be the HC for Navy.

There's far too much wishful thinking going on on theses forums re Brady and BB. Yes they might stay for a long term, but there's no guarantee of that. One more SB win may be enough to see them thinking about exit strategies. How often do sports people go out "at the top".

I did not know Chip Kelly from Brian Kelly about 8 months ago…now they both have become the Lombardi and Rockne of our times. :rolleyes:

I never even considered he would be future HC of the NEP until that wonderful piece of literature came over the wire. I need to add the Plain Dealer to my google page and get rid of either the WSJ or NY Times.

If you didn't know who either of those guys were until 8 months ago, you probably don't follow college football all that much, and thus your opinion on the matter in the opening sentence won't mean much either. No offense.

In the Belichick "A Football Life" episode, he commented that he didn't see himself coaching as long as Marv Levy.

Levy coached the Bills until he was 72.

BB is 60. I hope he is coaching at least ALMOST as late in life as Marv Levy!

hey there...it's me, Mr. Northwest Hack ....I have no story but when has that ever stopped me from vomiting forth pure garbage before deadline, eh?...so let's see, Chip is staying but when he goes , it will be somewhere that allows monomania.....hmmmm...now who can I besmirch in the NFL with my "mental illness" brush, like I do with Kelly? AHA!!!...perfect...Belichick...a cheater AND he's a nut too!!!...the readers will love me!!

scumbag writer writing a scumbag piece in perfect NY scumbag tabloid form....probably studied at the Steve Serby School Of Hackery in Hackensack,NJ.

Bill Belichick does not suffer from monomania, is not monomaniacal, egomaniacal or megalomaniacal.

Monomaniacal definition....a psychosis characterized by thoughts confined to one idea or group of ideas.

Bill Belichick can never be described as the man he IS, a driven, supremely talented NFL head coach. It's always these innuendoes that he's evil and crazy.What Chip Kelly is or is not going to try to do in HIS future has NOTHING to do with BB, yet this pinbrained mini-Borges just has to take the obligatory swipe, like the little keyboard coward he is.Same jerk, different day.

The Cleveland newspaper ran an article based on the story coming out of Oregon; a couple of the comments from readers were somewhat amusing.
OH NO! You didn't! Every smart Ohioan knows that you do not read the comments at cleveland.com.

So McDaniels is turning down interviews because he wants the Pats' job. Chip Kelly didn't take any HC job because he wants the Pats' job. I hear Tony Sparano is telling people that no one is asking to interview him for a head coaching job because they all know he wants the Pats' job and not that he sucks.

Yet, it doesn't seem that job will be available any time soon.

How many times to we see a college coach highly respected and sought after by the NFL,only to go to a team and stink at coaching in the Pro Ranks?

Who says Chip won't be another Bobby Petrino or Steve Spurrier?

If there is one coach who I think can be successful in the NFL,it will be Nick Saban who must show he won't pull off a disappearing act like he did with Miami and like Petrino did with Atlanta,Saban seems more Belichick-like more than any coach I have seen lately.

Saban would be one of my choices to replace Bill,should Bill retire unexpectedly.

Last edited:
The only reason Chip Kelly uses so many gimmicks in his scheme is because they aren't a recruiting draw. There are few huge talents in the high schools in Oregon. When one comes along--like Suh--they end up at a traditional powerhouse. Oregon and Oregon State have to rely on health, coaching and scheme to overcome their lack of talent.

Chip Kelly would not be stupid enough to try his offense at the next level unless his personnel dictated he had no choice.

The only reason Chip Kelly uses so many gimmicks in his scheme is because they aren't a recruiting draw. There are few huge talents in the high schools in Oregon. When one comes along--like Suh--they end up at a traditional powerhouse. Oregon and Oregon State have to rely on health, coaching and scheme to overcome their lack of talent.

Chip Kelly would not be stupid enough to try his offense at the next level unless his personnel dictated he had no choice.

A lot of people thought that bringing the spread option to the pro level would never work, and look at it now.

The only reason Chip Kelly uses so many gimmicks in his scheme is because they aren't a recruiting draw. There are few huge talents in the high schools in Oregon.

A quick look at their team roster shows 53 players this year were from California, Texas, or Florida, meaning....

They recruit nationally like every other big-time college program does. Granted, thy don't get as many 5-stars as some do, but they get a good amount. Have you seen them play and looked at their team speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes