Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chinook Salmon Vanish Without a Trace

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Where did they go?
    Skip to next paragraph [​IMG] The New York Times
    The Chinook journey up and down the Sacramento River.

[​IMG]

The Chinook salmon that swim upstream to spawn in the fall, the most robust run in the Sacramento River, have disappeared. The almost complete collapse of the richest and most dependable source of Chinook salmon south of Alaska left gloomy fisheries experts struggling for reliable explanations — and coming up dry.

Whatever the cause, there was widespread agreement among those attending a five-day meeting of the Pacific Fisheries Management Council here last week that the regional $150 million fishery, which usually opens for the four-month season on May 1, is almost certain to remain closed this year from northern Oregon to the Mexican border. A final decision on salmon fishing in the area is expected next month...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/17/science/earth/17salmon.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Russian and Chinese super-trawlers, working in teams of 10 to 50 boats, with mother ships acting as ocean-going factories, where they can process up to a million pounds of fish per day is where I would start looking.

If Americans want to have fish, want to catch fish, then we need to enforce our own fishing ground treaties. Right now foreign fishing fleets are poaching our national fisheries dry.

Also, because salmon school up and travel far out into the ocean before the annual spawning season begins, they are most likely being taken while they are far away from America's shores. This means American boats have to get there first and catch them before they are taken by the Russians, Chinese or others. That is, IF Americans really want to catch, sell, and eat salmon. If not, then watch all the fish eventually disappear because you can know that these foreign fishing fleets give not a single sh!t whether the fish stock is depleted or not. They live for today, not for tomorrow.

//
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

Are the "others" the fleet of Rev. Moon???
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You in the market for some fish???

//
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

You should not answer a question with another question?? Then again, you very seldom do..
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

Salmon:
    GW Bush, Haliburton, Cheney and the CIA have been killing them at night.

BILL COSBY FOR PRESIDENT

:bricks:
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Rest assured I ALWAYS answer sincere questions with straight answers. As you often do, you cloak your bigotry inside a stupid, assine, phony "question", just to get in a dig. You are so transparent, even your "innocent" act is getting moldy.

//
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

So you are not going to answer, just throw out a venomnous thread that is filled with hate and intolerance..
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's YOUR bag, not mine.

//
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

So I will just assume Rev. Moon shares in the responsibility for overfishing.. as you choose not to answer.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Assume what you like, as you always do. You have admitted on these pages you will not even look at what the Unification movement actually does, you preferring to drink all the cyanide that people like Steve Hassan have to say about Rev. Moon and the Unification movement.

Just remember one thing: when you "assume", you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". "u" are included in your mistake. You make yourself a victim, not me.

//
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

The difference is I never play the victim card as do you... thanks for the Assume stuff, never heard that before..
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm not playing any "cards" here, just pointing out things that you do not know. That's what we're here for, right? To help educate each other? Make the world a better place, ourselves included??

The "assume" thing I got from one of my nephews; he's served three tours in Iraq, by the way, now home for good probably, after getting an operation on his back.

//
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

I was being facetious about the Assume stuff, some things go over your head.. if you answer the question about whether or not Moon has big ships harvesting fish, I will continue.. if not this thread has once again descended into another moronic thread that is only serving to advance your beliefs..
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Facetious"?!! Oh, right. Sorry.

Moon ships: glad you asked. Rev. Moon owns the biggest fleet of fishing ships on the planet. Rev. Moon has so many ships, he uses some of them for giving educational seminars and workshops, some say it is so we can "brainwash" the entire world population by the year 2013. Our goal -- if you can keep a secret -- is to have EVERYBODY on earth become a member of the Unification movement by the middle of the next decade. But, sh-h-h. This is FYI only.

:singing:

//
  16. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.slashfood.com/tag/moonies/
    If ever you found yourself craving, eating, and worshiping sushi as if in some strange cult-like manor, you might not be far off.

Many may know about Reverend Sun Myung Moon, the self-proclaimed Messiah who claimed he was destined to be the savior of humanity. Reverend Moon founded the controversial Unification Church, popularly known as a religious group called the "Moonies." Don't recall? Then remember his large-scale mass weddings in Madison Square Garden and other locations in Asia? That was the Moonies. Many have called it a cult.

Well, those who have alleged that Reverend Moon and his "Moonies" are a cult have been indirectly supporting the movement if Moon and his followers every time they indulge in sushi. That's right. Reverend Moon, unbeknownst most people, has created an empire of seafood, integrating themselves into almost every facet of the seafood industry from fishing to putting those two pieces of fatty, buttery, melt-in-you-mouth toro on you plate.

The True World Group comprises fleets of boats, operates distribution centers and supplies fish and seafood to most of the 9,000 sushi restaurants around the US. The True World Group is controlled by a non-profit company called Unification Church International Inc., or UCI.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's right, jack. Rev. Moon controls the whole world. And you didn't even know it!!!

:singing:

//
  18. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rev. Moon became a multi-billionaire and a formidable fixture in American politics, who exerts his influence through media assets such as the Washington Times and United Press International (UPI).

The Bush family in particular has forged friendly ties to the would-be messiah, who has donated to their political campaigns, presidential libraries, pet charities–not to mention handing out generous honorariums for speaking engagements.

President George H. Bush has reportedly made millions on Moon’s lucrative lecture circuit.

19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Not sure, but I think you have a misprint on GH Bush's "makings": I heard the actual figure is in the BILLIONS, not mere millions. Hundreds of BILLIONS, in fact. Not 100% sure, though. George Bush gives Sunday Service at one of the tens of thousands of Unification Centers all around America and the world. He is training to become a messiah himself.

//
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 1 / -9

They Drowned