Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chinese Democracy starts Tomorrow (10/22)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BelichickFan, Oct 21, 2008.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

New Guns N' Roses Single Hits Radio Tomorrow

"The title track from Guns N' Roses' new album, "Chinese Democracy," will be available to download by U.S. radio outlets at 5 a.m. ET tomorrow morning (Oct. 22)."

It's actually happening this time. Chinese Democracy isn't the best track by a longshot but it's a nice opening single with the explosive opening riff.
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +413 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I think your thread title just gave PatJew a heart attack. :rofl:
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

wow. That new song is terrible. Way to further ruin the GnR name, Axl. I'd rather listen to Slash's Snakepit.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

No it's not, it's good - although below average for the CD; I can only assume you're kidding about Snakepit which was a poor imitation of GnR on Snakepit's first CD and unlistenable crap on their second CD.
  5. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I was kidding about snakepit. But that song is awful and Axl Rose on his own is not GnR
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Thank God. I understand we all have our own taste but I think it's a scientifically proven fact that Snakpit sucks :D

A few comments :

- Chinese Democracy is not awful. I like it a lot but could see it going as low as a shrug to some people. But awful ? I don't think so.

- I think it's a decent lead single but, again, it's nowhere close to the best. There's three tracks I haven't heard yet but even without them, tracks like Better, Prostitute and Street of Dreams are way better. They are REALLY strong tracks.

- GnR without Axl ? I guess it's not but it's as close as there will be. When you hear tracks like Street of Dreams, it's CLEARLY Guns n Roses (in a November Rain kind of way); none of the other members can come close. It's 17 years since the Illusions, 20 since Appetite so even if the original 5 were there it wouldn't sound or be the same. But Axl's songwriting is way more original and inspired than the others. Also, with Buckethead (playing the lead on CD) and, now, Bumblefoot, their lead guitar player is very different from Slash; most would say the new guy is a much better player technically.

Anyway, the single Chinese Democracy is good. It doesn't suck but it's not Welcome to the Jungle either. And the full CD isn't Appetite but I've been listening to a 57 minute "CD" of demos and it is very, very good stuff - to me taste.
  7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

most diehard GnR fans I know consider November Rain to be the catalyst for the band's demise since it was when Axl turned into a dictator.

I haven't heard any of the other songs but I'd prefer it if they didn't use the GnR name until the actual band was together again (never). The album maybe fine but Led Zeppelin without Jimmy Page is not Led Zeppelin. Certain bands can get away with replacing a member or two, but all of them except the lead singer, especially when the guitarist is a signature part of the sound seems a little silly to me.

Anyway, you're right, it's not pullout-your-hair terrible, it's just meh. I guess when you consider the fact that he's had 17 years to come up with something, you'd expect a little more, especially when he has the audacity to reuse the Guns and Roses name.
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

He has come up with better. Of the 11 tracks I've heard demos of I would rank this one at number 9 or so. There's only one other that I think is clearly worse and a couple more that are in the ballpark. The others are way better IMO.
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

why did they choose it as the lead single?
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Who knows. I never know how they do that. It's certainly the most simple and least challenging, maybe that makes it radio friendly.

The demos are here :

Proshot Recordings

My favorites are The Blues (now named Street of Dreams), Better and This I Love (which is really called Prostitute).
  11. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the link, BF
  12. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

26 days to go :D

I still think it's gonna be great, although the track Chinese Democracy is on the weaker side of the leaks, the single sounds great. I'm glad they left the Buckethead solos on there even though he's not in the band anymore.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Listening to some new stuff tonight. "Sorry" - Axl with a Pink Floyd vibe. This is gonna be some kind of great CD; not that I would expect anything less.

24 Days . . .
  15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Ah, I see the new "leaks" are up on the link I gave above. Here's Sorry :

http://www.gnrworld.com/demos2008/leaks/Sorry.mp3

You get about 30 second before the copy protection f*cks it up. It's tough to listen to after that but it can be done - trust me ;)

Interesting track from Axl here.
  18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +877 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Congrats, GnR. It only took, what? Ten years?
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's been 17 years. I wish it had been sooner but this is gonna be a great CD and that's what matters to me. Other bands have taken longer breaks. Sh!t happens. Supposedly, according to several sources, Axl has two more CDs worth of stuff that could see the light of day with the next few years. Weather it will or not, who knows. Axl has his personal issues and demons, no doubt. But instead of focusing on those, I'm just thankful we'll get this great CD and then I'll hope for more.
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Two weeks to go :

Chinese Democracy : Guns N' Roses : Review : Rolling Stone

I'm sure there will be a few numnuts around saying "it's not as good as Appetite"; well it's not 1988 anymore either.

Having heard demos of everything now, I think there's 3 tracks which are kind of throwaways, Chinese Democracy, Scraped and If the World. Everything else varies from really good to REALLY GOOD.