Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chinese Democracy Demos

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by BelichickFan, Sep 30, 2008.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

If anyone wants to listen to them without downloading, you can do so here :

Demos 2008

and here is Shackler's Revenge from RB II which is an official release, not a demo :

http://www.gnrworld.com/mp3s/Shackler's Revenge.mp3

It's all GnR all the time for me right now with stronger than ever rumors (I know, I know) that Chinese Democracy will actually be released this year. If not, though, these 10 tracks make for a fairly nice CD.

2. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

We have a release date :

GNR's 'Chinese Democracy' Gets Release Date

"More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirm to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday."

3. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

I love the "original" guns n roses with slash, duff, izzy n the rest of the band. Not too excited bout the current group or new album...

4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

I'm beyond excited :)

I love Appetite and the Illusions and I love the contributions of Slash, Izzy, etc. But what they've done since then with solo albums and Velvet Revolver hasn't grabbed my attention at all. Although Axl has some issues in getting CDs out, listening to this stuff it's clear to me that he was the truest talent in the band. I wish we could have had half a dozen, or more, CDs with the original lineup but we got what we got and I can't wait to hear Chinese Democracy. I mean I CAN'T F*CKING WAIT.

5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

6. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

#80 Jersey

10 years too late for me. Besides... It just isn't the same without Slash shredding behind Axl. It's the combination of Axl's vocals backed by Slash's talking riffs that made the band special.

7. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I'll download and give it a listen.

Excited to hear Buckethead. Now if we would have been on every track on the album I'd be very interested.

Still, it isn't even Guns N Roses at this point. It's an Axl Rose solo album with a new supporting cast.

The fact that Axl remains the only member of the original lineup and a good amount of the album has leaked to a "meh" response at best prevents this from living up to the hype.

Only have listened two songs from the leak. Better was alright, some nice melody and playing by Bucket, Shackler's Revenge sounded horrible.

8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

Shackler is actually pretty good, it takes some getting used to though. Supposedly the guitar intro is Buckethead and most of the other lead stuff is Bumblefoot on that. My favorites of those are "The Blues" and "This I Love" although I like all of them.

Regarding the name, it's largely irrelevant to me. Listening to VR and solo stuff it's clear to me that Axl was the creative force in the band. The others I doubt we'd ever heard of if they hadn't stumbled upon Bill Bailey.

9. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Oh hey, don't get me wrong - the most important member is the one still remaining.

I'll give Shackler another listen, as for the rest of the tracks - rather hear them in their final form first listen to enjoy more.

Any chance you know how many tracks is Buckethead slated to be on for the album?

10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

I have a feeling "The Blues" and "This I Love" are close to, if not, the final tracks (although the latter may not be the correct track name, there's a lot of debate about that). They sound a lot more produced than tracks like Better.

I don't know. My impression is Bumblefoot redid most of the leads like on Shackler but they left in Buckethead's Hendrix thingy that opens it. I'm also not sure about the second lead, I think that will all be Robin Finck's stuff although he's been touring with NiN and no-one knows if he's gone from GnR or not. However they added BBF to replace BH a few years ago so my guess is he re-did a lot of BH's stuff.

This was BBF's comment on Shackler :

"Thal: If I remember right (barely remember anything more than five minutes ago, haha) it was one of the first songs we worked on. I played all the solos — the fretless solo followed by the fretted solo, the end tapping stuff and the bends over it — also the rhythms throughout the song with all the riffing in them."

11. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

is moby still producing this... or was that 10 producers ago?

this should have been out in like, 1998 or so.

a little r&r I guess...

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

I don't think he is producing it anymore. No name for you, though.

However . . . an "internet reliable source" has confirmed Nov. 23 as the release date along with the track listing (maybe not that order) and cover confirmed from the Best Buy link above.

Oh, and "The Blues" is confirmed as now being called "Street of Dreams". Bastards, I've been listening to that track as "The Blues" since 2002.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008