Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chinese Automakers May Buy GM and Chrysler

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Born_a_Patriot, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Chinese carmakers SAIC and Dongfeng have plans to acquire GM and Chrysler, China’s 21st Century Business Herald reports today.
    Chinese May Buy GM and Chrysler
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, you can thank the Unions for this. Demanding ridiculous wages -- $70 an hour to do repetitive manual labor that a robot could do, plus all the other benefits!!! -- and these union people think they can keep these companies alive when the Japanese, Koreans, and now Chinese are able to make twice the car at one-third the price!!!!

Thank you, UAW, et. al. You have just been bought by China. See what kinds of wages and benefits THEY are going to give you. Total azzhole jerkovs.

The Unions have gone a long way toward destroying America's competitiveness in the world markets. A long, long way. The unions and organized crime are one and the same. Everybody knows it.

//
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +184 / 3 / -10

Fogbuster, why do you always want to angrily blame people or organizations for things that are happening?

It's not natural to have your first reaction be "this is so & so's fault" to every single situation or current event.

What we do need to prevent is the chinese from buying either one of these companies for national security reasons. We can't afford this much wealth to be transferred from this country to the china. That means our gov't many have to buy both companies, re-structure them and get them moving in the right direction before handing them over to a new AMERICAN corporation.

Of all countries we should not allow into the US, it's the chinese. We should make it illegal for them to purchase any US public company.
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 6 / -8

It's a sort of a substitute for systemic understanding - you lash out at the other guy and make up any kind of framework of deeper knowledge only as necessary to support that day's lashing-out.

Hey foggy, by the way, are you in favor of or against government regulation in the markets? You never answered me in your last thread.

How do you think government should best intervene in markets?

Or are you in favor of the market self-regulating?

PFnV
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's not all the fault of the unions, but they are partially to blame. The cost of doing business for the automakers is ridiculously high, and they need to take this time to reevaluate how they do business and their general cost scheme. To me that includes some of the ridiculous union rules and exoribtant CEO bonuses alike.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +184 / 3 / -10

No matter what happens, if they are to stay in business,

THE UNIONS GOTTA GO

It's that simple.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Whatever you do, though, don't put the blame on one party exclusively...like say the wet-brain traitor in the White House.

Foggy, you contradict yourself in nearly every single post at this point.
  8. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'd wish they'd at least be reasonable sometimes. I guess that when the auto makers were going to Congress with their hands open (which is ridiculous anyway), the unions said that were not 100% unwilling to give anything up to get the money. Well then, guess what, you can go away empty-handed. They've got to be willing to compromise more for the good of the damn industry.
  9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

That's the thing with me, I want American workers to do well, I don't want car manufacturers to be working for minimum wage, etc. But if the companies are on the verge of bankruptcy I want them to be reasonable and give something up, whatever is necessary to make the numbers add up to solvency.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I don't "always" angrily blame people.... I do have a few select culprits that have been screwing things up for the rest of society, and the unions -- none worse than the auto workers union -- are at the top of that list. Their absolutely crazy and crippling demands have hog-tied the auto industry for the past 45 years to the point that the U.S. auto industry has not been competitive in America -- forget the rest of the world -- for the past 25-30 years. All because the unions have held the industry hostage: NO ONE could even dream of ever crossing a picket line and breaking the union's grip upon penalty of death. No exaggerations there, either.

So, yeah, it does p!ss me off that a few people in the union leadership could totally control an entire industry, particularly the one industry that could be so big and far-reaching as the auto industry.

And, yes, they operate exactly the way a criminal syndicate operates: using force, coercion, and threats of physical violence to get their way.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Patently un-American.

//
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +184 / 3 / -10

But when you get right down to it, much of the benefits we all have are due to the unions. Things like the 40 hour work week, health care, paid vacations, etc..

So I'm not going to join you on your crusade. But I will say that their impending demise is their own fault. Greed is killing our economy at all levels and the American unions are no exception.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Look, I'm all for reasonable protections for workers. I've been an employee in many different fields -- from highway construction (worked on both I-89 and I-93 in New Hampshire back in the late 60s and early 70s) to fast food to state agencies to private companies of several kinds -- and I know what it's like to get cheated, messed over, and dissed by management. It sux. But I have also seen how unions have totally abused the control of the work force, using violence to prevent the hiring of substitute workers who don't want to play the union game. That sux, too, even more in many/most instances.

Not only the auto industry, look even in Boston at the Big Pig.... that is, Big Dig. What a total freaking rip-off of the public. Ended up paying 10 times more than the original "estimate". Liars and thieves all up and down that whole operation. And all work came under the unions. No good for America. Wouldn't be surprised if next we see foreign construction firms coming to America to do the re-building of our highways, bridges, and other infra-structure. New major buildings, too.

Unions: biting the hand that's been feeding them for decades now. It's got to end, or it's the end of America as a free and independent nation.

//
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  13. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Takin' names and kickin' azz. His father was CEO of American Motors. Romney knows the game the unions play in Detroit. There's a reason why that city has been the Murder Capital of the USA for many years, decades even. Corruption pours from every corner. Disgusting. America deserves better.

//
  15. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

At this moment we are IBM, Xerox PARC and Apple computers of the 1970s. The Chinese are Microsoft times 1000. They must not be allowed to buy any of our car companies.
  16. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

China owns our * anyway. This country's been borrowing from them, Japan, and who knows who else, right along. This car move isn't all that shocking, though it's one more indication of just how deep in you-know-what we really are.

China Tops Japan in U.S. Debt Holdings - washingtonpost.com

"China, in fact, may be the government's largest creditor, period. "
  17. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

You know whose fault it really is...its the Homosexuals!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
  18. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0