Welcome to PatsFans.com

China

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: do not be surprised to find out that this economic crisis has been heavily leveraged by the Chinese government. They have amassed an ENORMOUS fortune in cash and equity over the past 15 years, with a positive balance of trade of some $20 to 40 Billion per MONTH -- which starts adding up to some real money after a few years; they are major players in the dollar market; and they have EVERY SELFISH INCENTIVE to bring down both the Republican candidate and, even more importantly, the entire American economic foundation. If they can jimmy the markets -- and CNN and Bloomberg are both scratching their heads over where the one-day spike of $25 per barrel of oil came from last week -- they have everything to gain, at least in the short-term.

China is involved in this crisis.

//

2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,750 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

Yes, it's somebody else's fault. ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As I said, wait and see. Quote me. I'm not going anywhere.

//

4. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,750 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

I'm not saying that there is no China element to this - - but most of the fault lies with US not them. We put ourselves in this situation with our Attention Deficit Disorder ("lower my taxes now! if company abc has a bad quarter, drop it! let's borrow off our 401(k) to buy a big-screen tv! let's drive down the dollar so we can improve exports!" etc, etc, etc.)

China didn't grab the crown, we abdicated.

The fault dear Brutus is not in the stars.........

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Oh, you're right about that. Any loss America suffers will be our own fault; no one "won" it from us; we will have to give it away.

But that's my point about Clinton: he was getting huge slush funds from the Chinese at that time. Americans like Clinton were actively helping the Chinese to get over on the United States. And that is just plain suicide.

//

6. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Fog, spell it out for me. It seems to me that when we suffer, they suffer. Our economies are tied together right now. I'm not doubting what you are saying but I don't see the angle. When the dollar is weak, that hurts them. When our economy is weak, we buy less stuff from them, that hurts them.

Spell it out got me bro.

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Sure, I saw that tear-jerker piece on CNN today, myself: "when the U.S. economy suffers, China suffers." All true. But what they didn't tell you is that China has amassed an ENORMOUS store-house of equity and can or has already used it to jimmy the polls, to influence markets, to change the direction of even the largest economy in the world. China has grown that much and they have totalatarian control over their economic power. No one can stop whatever the Chinese government wants. No one inside China, anyway.

//

8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You are a complete moron.
    If anything, China has been subsidizing an artificially higher quality of life for America than we deserve or have earned.

They are sitting on massive treasury bills that keep decreasing in value for them because our government is going down big time.

If they wanted to really screw America they would unload their reserves, but that hasn't happened.

This is a very typical neoconservative viewpoint, it's always someone else's fault right?

9. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,750 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

Maybe not throwing away $1 trillion at an unnecessary war in Iraq helped them in all that compared to us.

But hey, let's keep ignoring that one.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

This all slipped by us because we were busy trying to destroy the "Hated Bush" and looking for a way to get rid of "Talk Radio"

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Iraq war was a mistake. True. But that doesn't mean the Chinese aren't still trying to get over on the USA. They are.

//

12. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,750 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

Something that costs our nation over $ 1 trillion (and other amounts in human cost) is not merely a "mistake".

I tore the skin on my finger yesterday on an unseen staple. That was a "mistake".

The Iraq DECISION was more than just a "mistake".

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, you've had your time crucifying those responsible. How much longer do you continue??

//

14. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Only borderline xenophobic, possibly racist neo-cons like you think this way. I've spoken with a few like yourself, they are basically insane Republicans who still live in a Cold War mentality, brainwashed to hate the next 'new enemy' created by us. First it was hate the commies during the Cold War, now it's hate all those Muslim Savages and those ChiComs, who incidentally are more capitalist than America is now.

If China had harmful intentions like Iran or Venezuela have towards the US, they could have destroyed this country a LONG TIME AGO.
    Instead, they have been propping up our crappy economy for the past decade. What good does it do them to keep buying up our debt, which decreases in value such that they have lost hundreds of billions on us already?

If anything, they have helped this country sustain its way of life more than any of our 'friends' have in helping us.

15. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,750 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

You're right. It's far more self assuring to blame others.

(Worked for the Germans after WW1).

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You apparently are expert in that area [size=+4] GET BUSH!!! [/size], so I will defer this point to you.

In the meantime, I'm sticking with my story. Take it or leave it.

//

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, you should go and live in China if you think they are so good and our "crappy economy" is so bad. I'll chip in for your ticket if you need help.

:singing:

//

18. shmessy

Ratings:
    +1,750 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

Aren't YOU an expatriate?

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'm on a religious mission in a foreign land. I am a U.S. citizen, born in Philadelphia, and a U.S. Army veteran.

What's your point?

//

20. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

People still do that nowadays? I thought the whole 'trying to convert the savages to my way of life' thinking died along with other outdated modes of thinking like colonialism and slavery. You truly are extreme.