Welcome to PatsFans.com

China: Real Estate Crashing....RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Oct 28, 2011.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

I'll admit, my first thought after seeing this was "good!". Why? Because no one should want China to succeed as a political-economic system. It's a brutal, brutal group that controls that country.

Also, I'd prefer to see the US do well, not China.

Oh, btw... I believe we are on the brink of witnessing an awful period in Chinese history.

Shanghai Homeowners Smash Showroom in Protest Over Falling Prices

"A weekend scuffle in Shanghai over a drop in apartment prices adds to increasing evidence that China’s efforts to tame a surging property market are having an impact – even as it offers a hint of what could happen if the measures go too far.

A group of around 400 homeowners in Shanghai demonstrated publicly and damaged a showroom operated by their property developer after the company said it cut prices. Home buyers had wanted to speak with the developer to refund or cancel their contracts but were unsuccessful, according to local media. One report said the price cuts exceeded 25% per square meter."

Shanghai Homeowners Smash Showroom in Protest Over Falling Prices - China Real Time Report - WSJ

Protests hit China as property prices fall

"Hundreds of angry home buyers launched a series of protests in China's commercial hub of Shanghai this week, as owners decried falling prices for their properties, state media said Thursday.

Hit by weak demand and lack of funding, developers have slashed prices for some new projects in the city by more than 20 percent, the China Business News said, causing an outcry among those who bought at higher levels."

Protests hit China as property prices fall - Yahoo! News
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

The Chinese are in real trouble, Their population will be rapidly aging, there are 120 males for every 100 females and their banking system has a large set of non performing assets.

China: Population by Age and Sex, 1950 - 2050; Proportion Elderly, Working Age, and Children

Banks in BRICs Signaling Credit Crisis With Loans Showing Increasing Risks - Bloomberg

3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Quite a statement. ... Because as they go, so go we. You get how the global economy works is this new age, do you not?

No, really? What a prophet.

We all are "on the brink of witnessing an awful period in history." Period. Not just the Chinese.

Whether it started here, Europe, China... . It's pretty systemic at this point. Or are you drinking the kool-aid over the latest artificial DOW inflation the past few weeks, and/or the agreement to finally bail Greece and kick the can down the road another 12-24 months?

Let me ask you something, what do you see for America next month when the Super Committee comes back without a deal and suddenly has to slash $1.2 trillion from U.S. social programs (the bad) and defense funding? (the good).

You think Occupy is annoying now?
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  4. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

as usual, some people see how it's going to be bad for all, and some just worry about themselves
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its not a crash when the government puts restrictions in place to turn phenomenal, uncontrolled growth into merely aggressive growth. It seems to me that the protesters are pissed because they thought their investment would return a 2000% profit in 6 months, now its gonna take a year or two. I'm having trouble finding sympathy for them.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Wish they actually were going to cut spending, at the end of WW2 when spending was cut 60% the economy boomed.
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

hey there fella....
  8. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The US had a large gender imbalance (more males) 100 years ago, and I think our country turned out all right. Some argue that this is a characteristic of agricultural societies. China's population is aging, but they won't see that until 30 years from now, and they don't have social security so it's not going to cripple their government spending with all the seniors.
    Their government is engineering a slowdown in real estate, it's pretty different from our real estate crash. As for their banking system, their banks are far more sound than any American bank. I've heard rumors from those in the know that Bank of America is bankrupt, and there are still trillions of toxic assets from real estate that still need to be worked out.

It is interesting though that PR seems to be obsessed with China.
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Link for your claim, about male female ratios? I doubt that data was tracked back then.
  10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

You don't understand much about the Chinese economy, do you? Do you actually think everything that happens to it is planned and controllable? If you do, you're just plain wrong.

This "crash" is NOT planned. Who the hell would plan a crash? Unless....oh yeah, unless they saw one coming and there there was nothing they could about it except make it start NOW...which is exactly what is happening.

moving forward, China is fugged and that's not a bad thing for their people.

NOTE: 2 threads does not make anyone obsessed. You want to talk about obsessed, talk to the peak oil thread starters.
  12. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that's about what I thought.

LOL... All one of them.

Please do continue to shower us with your unprecedented "foresight." :rolleyes:

"China's on the brink of a bad period in history!"
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Isn'
    t everything upside-down in China? That's what I saw on Buggs Bunny at least....

[​IMG]
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

"All one of them"? You forgot the chump we used to have that started "peak oil" threads all the time.

Considering the FACT that China has not had a recession in 30 years, I'd say a pending down turn was not that predictable. considering many economists feel that China's economy is "self-sustaining" and recession-proof, a recession was not the common foresight.

Or do you feel the world has reached the point where "all economies will be in recession"? Or is that result of peak oil "down the road"?

Is it your opinion that no developed economy will ever again see an upturn?

Yes or no to the above question please.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

If you start digging and don't stop, you'll dig a hole all the way to China!
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO

As a self-proclaimed "middle of the roader" you should know there are no "yes or no" answers.

He!!....as a human being you should know that.
  17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I like how "RIGHT NOW!!!"

has turned into "pending" without missing a beat.
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

sd....go chew on some dandilions & tofu will ya chumly?

China's real estate is crashing....RIGHT FUGGN' NOW! OK?

The "pending" crash is their entire economy. See, they are 2 separate things.

What is it with you trying to find something wrong with my posts rather than just commenting upon the subject matter?

Think you can do that moving forward?
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

As long as the only evidence of this crash of yours is that the government has put in restrictions to slow down the extraordinary growth in real estate prices over there I'm going to keep pointing out that your evidence is stupid.

There is no logical reason for China to attempt to destroy its own economy, its that simple.
  20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

SD....

China's real estate crash is not "a crash of mine". The entire world knows what is happening buddy.

What was the evidence that the US real estate market was crashing? Falling prices and building foreclosures was the evidence. So the question is, what evidence would tell us if China's real estate is crashing?

Answer: "Falling prices and building foreclosures"

China real estate is no different than ours or anywhere else. This is NOT a gov't controlled "purposeful" action. It is a gov't reaction to somehing beyond their control...rapidly falling prices.

Falling prices in China certainly are NOT due to gov't action. Their gov't would love the world to believe that, but that would be a lie.

I doubt you're really interested, but here's a link to a more educated opinion than mine.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2011/10/chanos-china-slowdown-just-beginning/
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011