Welcome to PatsFans.com

China America's Biggest Threat.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Born_a_Patriot, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

The moment when China becomes a consumer driven society is the moment when the US loses its leadership of the world.

Decoupling from the US has not happened yet. The very idea was laughable when idiots were floating it a couple years ago. But the fact that it is laughable now does not mean it is laughable forever. Not only are graveyards full of indespensable men, as Charles De Gaulle once noted, but history books are full of hegemonic powers that thought that the sun would never set on them.
    When China Will Be Able To Pwn The US

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,094 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

China should be our greatest ally right now considering recent Russian aggression. Bush should have been able to see this but instead, decided to sell U.S. military technology to Taiwan which ultimately angered China. If I were Obama, the first thing I would do (foreign policy-wise) is make nice nice with the Chinese.

3. Born_a_Patriot

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Newsmax.com – Obama Faces Biggest Threat to Democracy: China

4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I miss good chinese food. The food out in KC is pretty darn good, except of course, for Seafood, and the chinese food is bad. It even makes me miss the Dragon Lite in Hyannis. Lord, what i would give for a Dragon Lite Egg Roll or the Marco Polo from the Tiki Port in Hyannis. Or some spare ribs from Kowloon. Oh man, and Chinatown, except for that place that had Intestine Soup.

Can you tell im hungry? Nothing like great chinese food in Boston on a cold winter day.

Yes, and China is evil and America is # 1 and all of that and we need to win......

5. Born_a_Patriot

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Yes, China is the real threat to America, because the two countries' approaches to handling affairs are too different; The Bush administration is bent on pushing democracy around the world, while the Chinese are keeping a very professional attitude and manner in consorting with rogue states for energy sources. Moreover, the Chinese seem to be attempting to increase economic exports into America's backyard, Latin America.

6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

yeah, and there are about a billion of 'em too. China will be standing long after we are.

7. Born_a_Patriot

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

If you Love America, that is unacceptable. And since you love Christ, that should be unacceptable to you.

8. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

oh, here we go...........:rolleyes:

read a Bible Born a Patriot.....Book of Revelation.....who is more likely to be here at the end?

its just like these moron neo-Cons thinking they are following God by invading Iraq, like somehow thats part of the plan. Really??? Where? Where does it say in Scripture the great America is going to Democritize the Middle East?

more phony Christians like Bush, using the name of Christ to hide the fact it was all about Oil.

Or forget the Religious part of it.....try common sense. One Super Power spread every which a way with a depleted army, not too unlike the Soviets after Afganistan.....and a Power with a billion people buying up said Super Power.

Calling out the truth isnt being "unpatriotic", its saying what is. We are losing this battle, which as an American is upsetting.

And as far as my being Christian, I put Gods word before any country, im a follower of Christ first, an American second. Any "Christian" who has a problem with that is an idolworshipper, because they are putting something on equal footing, or above, God.

This is my problem with Political, Right Wing, Christians. Deep down, they are political first, and they hide behind their Religion to try and justify it and win political arguements, but never, can they back it up with Scripture.

By the way, Obama is our leader. Per the Bible, we are to honor him as our leader. Or does that not suit the conservative political agenda?

9. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

We'd better. They own most of our debt therefore they basically own US. America For Sale, and everyone seems to be swooping in for the kill.

10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Only crazy people in the Pentagon, who need to increase their defense budgets, talk about China as our enemy.

Does anyone remember the Chinese were our allies during WWII against the Japanese.

They hold the most US treasuries right now, they've been subsidizing our way of life for years, basically giving us free value and quality of life we have not earned.

In terms of capitalism, China is more capitalist than America is right now.

If we truly cared about democracy instead of oil or resources, we would be in Myanmar right now saving the monks there, but too bad they aren't sitting on petroleum or metals, we would be there in a heart-beat.

11. Born_a_Patriot

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

You do realize that under Communism, Christ goes out the window.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  12. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Christ never goes out the window. Christ was here before America and He will reign after America.

It was a ridiculous defense you were trying to make defending EVER putting country on an even level as the Lord or above Him.

13. Born_a_Patriot

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Lifer I agree with you on many things. Based on your posts I think you are a good guy, even though we disagree on religion. But I can’t believe you would be OK with Americas demise.

14. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Did I say I would be ok with Americas demise? No, I did not.

I said I would never put love of country on an equal level with love of God because that is Sinful, per the Word, and per the ten commandments.
    to do so would be a form of Idolworshipping.

And to say, that based on what is going on, and based on what the Bible says, it would be surprising if America outlasted China, is not "being ok" with it or hoping for it. I just honestly stated what scripture hints at and what the facts today, based on our debt, and comparing the 2 countries populations and trends, tell us.

being ok with it or hoping for something is a lot different than saying what I see happening.

telling you your house is on fire is not hoping your house burns down.

does that clear things up?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  15. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Sudan is sitting on oil. I don't think it's so much the US spreading democracy as we're already too thin fighting battles everywhere else and do we really want to get into a full confrontation with china. remember the food that wa rejected from china, suddenly they rejected some of ours. it was a tit for tat.

Personally I think walmart has essentially been a huge ambassador for china giving china a perfect venu to sell all their goods.

in reality... can we compete against a nation(china and southeast asia) who has essentually forced slave labor(long hrs, poor pay) while we maintain our good lifestyles? it is very difficult to coompete against that hence we do have the subsidizing by china with the trade deficit.

it comes down to we need to find and produce something they want to have money flow into our country

16. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

For the crazy Bible Belt people who think Muslims and Jews and Commies are all evil because they may not practice your faith, this may blow your feeble minds but China has more people who speak English and who are Christian, than the United States.

Also, for all this talk about revelations, I believe the Bible talks metaphorically about how during the end times Russia is the main enemy, and how in the end the US gets completely screwed. If this is what you believe and hope for, then how is that being patriotic to want your own country to burn.

17. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I heard that about China and Christians.

I don't necessarily believe in the translations of Revelation. Armageddon is based on Meggido in Israel which they thought was the final battle.

Whose to say this won't happen 1000 years from now? people thought Hitler was the anti-christ, people thought Bush was. if it does happen it's gonna come from no where.

18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,024 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

So say china becomes a larger economy than America ... so what, I don't see that as a problem. Already things are changing over there and people are getting restless and want more rights and more pay. Thier system will not be well served if they become #1 because they are not a free people. We'll soon see ... in our lifetimes no less. Being the world leader is an expensive proposition. Being part of being a world leader will serve our national debt much better.

19. MrBigglesWorth

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I agree on their citizen becoming more restless the more wealth they accumulate. they are heading for revolution whether it's 20 years, 50 years or a century from now.

I don't agree on it serving our national debt. how so? the mroe they produce the mroe we buy from them. we don't produce much of our own. now if their citizens get organized and better pay then it become less economic feasible to biuy good from them.

20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,024 / 44 / -31

#24 Jersey

I meant world leader in terms of dolling out money to foreign governments. We need to drop a notch or so in being a world leader because we cannot continue to be the welfare provider for the world.