Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chimp finds his Veto Stamp.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Feb 21, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure, but I think this may be only the second time the chimp has used the veto if not the first. We all have to ask why he feels so strongly about making sure these savages get this contract. Why is he willing to risk an almost certain override? Is it his ego, arrogance, taking care of his daddy's friends, is he stupid :rolleyes: ? I happen to believe he's a traitor who's only interest is taking care of oil companies...period. Cindy Sheehan was called a traitor by many chimp-lovers. Now what to the ball-washers have to say about their favorite primate?
  2. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I'd have to say you're not my favorite primate. Cindy Sheehan was (and is) a tool. I'd say, on the basis of your post, you don't quite make it up to tool.
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the compliment.

I agree that Sheehan was a tool and a pathetic character, but she wasn't a traitor. Her actions are miniscule compared to the chimp's and his handlers'. They are all a bunch of dillusional traitors.

Say it with me...TRAITOR.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I AM DISGUSTED WITH WHAT BUSH IS DOING WITH THIS PORT/ARAB THING, I HAVE BACKED HIM SINCE DAY ONE, HE HAS TURNED ON ME, I CAN'T BELIEVE AFTER WATCHING THE THOSE PLANES SLAM INTO THOSE BUILDINGS ON 9/11 AND WATCHING THOSE PEOPLE FLOATING DOWN TO SMASH INTO BLOODY PULPS ON THE SIDEWALK AND WATCHING HIM GO TO NYC AND KISS FIREFIGHTERS AND THEN SAY WE WILL "DESTROY THE PEOPLE THAT DID THIS".
    NOW OUR PRESIDENT INTENDS TO BRING OUR ROTTEN SCUMMY SMELLY SAVAGE F-CKING ENEMY INTO OUR COUNTRY AND PUT THEM INTO A POSITION WHERE THEIR PEOPLE WHO WISH TO LAUNCH ANOTHER ATTACK ON US WILL HAVE AN OPEN DOOR TO OUR COUNTRY.

I BELIEVE GEORGE BUSH IS GOING INSANE, HE NOW HAS THE BACKING OF THAT SLOBBERING LITTLE HAND WRINGING ULTRA LIBERAL F-CKING LIP LICKING PANSY JIMMY CARTER, YOU KNOW IF CARTER SUPPORTS THIS WE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE.

WE ARE AT WAR WITH RADICAL TERRORIST MUSLIMS* THE PEOPLE THAT WILL BE RUNNING THIS SHOW ARE MUSLIMS*, THEY STICK TOGETHER LIKE GLUE.
    I KEEP HEARING HOW WONDERFUL THE MUSLIMS* ARE FROM THE KNEE JERK LIBERALS, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THESE "GOOD ONES" IN AMERICA, WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY, WHY IS IT YOU NEVER HEAR FROM THEM WHEN THE SO CALLED "BAD ONES" ACT UP, THEY WERE DEAD SILENT AFTER 9/11, IN FACT SOME EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR LITTLE "CAR FLAGS" THEY SAY IT OFFENDED THEM, AMERICAS PANDERING LIBERAL AGREED.

I HOPE I AM WRONG BUT IT IS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT THE NEXT ATTACK FROM ALLAH* WILL COME RIGHT THROUGH OUR PORTS.

SHAME ON YOU BUSH.
  5. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Could we at least have debate on this issue without reffering the UAE as "Savages". What information do you base the UAR as being "Savages". Is it simply because the are of Muslim decent?

As someone who has lived and worked in the UAE, I can tell you that they have a very moderate society that is tolerant of others. It is one of the few Arab nations that I felt comfortable enough to allow my family to join me in.

I am not against there being debate on this issue. But lets have the debate based on factual evidence and not slanted on percieved impressions of of people based on there ethnic standing.

Would it surprise you that these "Savages" of the UAE allow the open celebration of both Christmas, Easter and other non-muslim services? Some two dozen non-muslim churches have been founded on lands donated but the emerites and are run free of any rental payments or utility bills. No other nation in this part of the world allows such showing of religious tolerence.

The US Navy often calls on ports in the UAE because they are the most secure in the region. The UAE has handed over to the US suspected terrosists including Abdel Rahim Al Nashiri, who was described as Al Qaeda's chief for naval operations and its operations chief in the Gulf.

So the question that the Bush administarion is looking at here is whether a nation who meets all the requiremnts of being able to run ports securely should be barred from doing so based soley on there ethnic make up. If the UAE meets those requiremnents ansd we still forbid them, what message does that send to other Arab nations that we are asking to become more moderate?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 6 / -23

This info makes it even more confusing...

From the CIA website, info about UAE

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ae.html

"the UAE is a drug transshipment point for traffickers given its proximity to Southwest Asian drug producing countries; the UAE's position as a major financial center makes it vulnerable to money laundering; anti-money-laundering controls improving"
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Bush has yet to veto a single bill.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

PFIM, I think there are those who are simply against Arabs running our ports and there are those who believe that no foreign country should run our ports until we address all our concerns. I belong to the latter camp. If it's true that something like 95% of cargo comes through our ports uninspected, then it means that we, American, needs to figure out how to run our ports before we can hire others to do it. I'm not against the UAE running our ports if they abide by our rules, but right now our rules aren't good enough, and we can't expect a foreign entity to have as much of a vested interest in making them so. as we have.
  9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This appears to be a 2006 election year sham to me. Its a way of Republicans in Congress to act all security oriented- the same ones who have yet to do anything about our borders, have yet to do anything about our port security upgrades, have yet to do anything about our chemical plant security. This is a way for them to show they have "concerns" about national security on the homefront...but their record speaks for itself. Since 911, we have spent an amount on homeland security equivalent to that thats spent in Iraq in a week.

This is a sham. Bush will get to use the veto (for the first time) and the GOP leadership in congress will come out saying "we want secure ports". The truth is they want to outsource our national security because its cheaper than actually doing it while creating US jobs. Need evidence? Look at the cheap labor force shimmying across the Mexican border to work for corporate america on the cheap.

These people are purveyors of fear, and a strong national defense is not on their radar...it reduces fear among the people, and the GOP loses their "edge".

BTW...if you wonder why the right would characterize all muslims as savages, listen to Coulter, Hannity, O'REilly, Rush and the rest of the Bush propagandists...and you'll figure it out pretty quickly. Purveyors of fear.
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +85 / 6 / -9

#37 Jersey

Well I agree that the ports shouldn't be sold to UAE, but you lefties are a bunch of hypocrites. This is exactly what we should be doing country/ethnic/racial profiling. But as soon as an arab person is pulled out of line at an airport your buddies the ACLU throw a sh!t fit. So have a little consistency.
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

PFIEL, I think lefties are saying that none of the ports should be run by any foreign entity. It's the righties who are saying they shouldn't be run by Arabs. Or am I wrong? Do you think the British and Chinese should be alowed to run some of our ports (which is currently the case), even though the port security is still apparently quite porous? I think our ports should be nationalized or at least run by American companies until we set up standards to ensure adequate security. It's hard to set up those standards when other nations are running the ports.
  12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, you tell em. :bricks:
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What especially makes the UAE case troubling is that it's a STATE-OWNED company. At least a British company is not owned by the government.
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Because it is the Terrorists and Radicals in "THEIR RELIGION" that attacked our country and slaughtered 3000 human beings in two hours, because it is the people in their Religion that are Rampaging in the world and demanding "DEATH TO AMERICA"

HOW MANY OF THE GOOD MUSLIMS* THAT THE LIBERALS ARE ALWAYS BLEATING ABOUT HAVE YOU SEEN GO PUBLIC AND CONDEM ANYTHING THE BLOODTHIRSTY B-STARDS HAVE DONE, (BEHEADING ON TV, BURNING DEAD AMERICAN BODIES AND THE BIGGEST OF ALL 9/11) WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO CONDEM THE SAVAGES AMONG THEM.

WHEN?????? GEORGE BUSH AND JIMMY CARTER ARE A COUPLE OF RATS.

I NEVER BELIEVED BUSH WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS, SOONER OR LATER IF THIS GOES THROUGH THE MUSLIMS* WILL HIT AGAIN, THEY WILL ENTER THROUGH THE ARAB PORT, THEY WILL NUKE AN AMERICAN CITY AND YOU WILL HEAR NOT ONE WORD OF CONDEMNATION FROM YOUR "GOOD ONES", THEY WILL HIDE IN THER MOSQUES, PRAISING THEIR GOD.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="muslims condemn"&btnG=Google Search

Most Muslims are good people, Harry, Just use common sense. How many people do you know who even care about politics? Maybe a few percent of Americans, and the same is true among Muslims. Most people go about their merry way, and don't approve of the radicals for many reasons, including moral reasons and fear of the consequences. Among the few percent who are political, you have a combination of strong radicals and weak, corrupt government. If the moderates speak out, the government may not be able to protect them. That said, they do speak out, and the media really isn't very interested. Murder and destruction is far more newsworthy.
  16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +85 / 6 / -9

#37 Jersey

Funny I didn't hear one peep while the British owned the ports?

I agree they should be run by American companies, but this is racial profiling and it works.

Then again I could just imagine the reaction if Halliburton purchased these ports :eek:
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

This is one that Bush is going to lose, but he will make it look like he won, he will be forced to back down.

KEEP AMERICA SAFE -PROFILE MIDDLE EASTERN LOOKING MEN BECAUSE OUR ENEMY IS "MIDDLE EASTERN LOOKING MEN"

OUR ENEMY ARE NOT BLONDE CLEAN SHAVEN PRESBYTARIANS OR SOUTHERN BAPTISTS.

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF THE "GOOD MUSLIMS"* ORGANIZED A MARCH ON WASHINGTON DEMANDING THAT THE TERRORIST DOGS AMONG THEM STOP THE SAVAGERY AND STOP KILLING IN THE NAME OF THEIR GOD.

MAYBE AS A SHOWING OF SOLIDARITY KENNEDY PELOSI JESSIE AND SHARPTON COULD LEAD THEM.
    :bricks:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

IMO, we can have a debate on this, but there is not enough time and this has to be stopped. What is there to debate about? I began this thread as trying to ask why anyone had any idea why Bush cannot let Congress say no to him, even though there is sure to be an override. Then what does he do, issue an executive order to circumvent an act of Congress? Then what? This is quickly becoming the chrystallizing point of the struggle for unlimited executive branch power.

Nice try on the "bigotry angle" talking point. They must have been up all night getting that one out to their minions. I don't know anybody from the UAE. I wasn't referring to them. I was referring to the backstabbers who are the elite members of the government and the government-run businesses. There is no disconnect from this entity that purchased the British company and the government of the UAE. These men (and I say men because I'll go out on a limb and say there probably aren't any women in powerful positions in this democratic Shangri-La) will do whatever it takes to advance themselves financially and gain prestige in the community of Islamic - Arab nations. THEY ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS !

I not so foolish to think that this government in any way reflects the mind of the average UAE-er. This is not about them. The traitors in the white house would like you to believe that, though.
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

This will help the Dems and devastate the Republicans because the republicans will stay home, they won't vote, they are disgusted with this Arab/Port thing, they are even further disgusted to find out that a Sniveling little weasle like Jimmy Carter is actually on Bush's side with this.

Bush Has Cracked Up, they should get ready to have his head examined.

The Bin Laden gang must be getting quite a kick out of all this.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

So I can pen you in as the one who thinks this a good idea?

I'd take Halliburton over these guys. I'd rather lose money than lose Baltimore.