PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chime in on Belichick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey guys, it is bad enough that our team is not on the field this Sunday...however what are people's thought's about him leaving next year....could it be true? I mean if he does he does, but I would love for him to stay for a bit but Bill's is never one to wear out his welcome...

football ulcers left and right.....bahhhhhhhhh.....

what

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
Hey guys, it is bad enough that our team is not on the field this Sunday...however what are people's thought's about him leaving next year....could it be true? I mean if he does he does, but I would love for him to stay for a bit but Bill's is never one to wear out his welcome...

What are you talking about? :confused: Every report i hear is that he already signed a new extension! I don't see (and hope and pray) him leaving anytime soon. He has said time and time again that he really treasures the relationship that he has with Mr Kraft as it is very difficult to find!

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:

Do you fricken read?????? Bill is not going anywhere!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/01/18/kraft_tries_to_look_on_the_bright_side/

Itdon't think Bill we be going anyway any time soon. This has been that most sucessful team that he has been a part off. I think he would want to get at least one or two more rings with the Patriots.

I think he will stick around for about three of four more seasons before calling it quits.

After that he is on his way to Canton.

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:

Your not stealing him for your CFL team that easily me lad! :singing:

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:

You got sucked in by the "headline", I understand that.

A little advise though, make sure you have all the fact before you post anything about BB. You don't want to get on the bad side of the Kool Aid Choir.

Cfl??

Box_O_Rocks said:
Your not stealing him for your CFL team that easily me lad! :singing:
------------

CFL??? are you nuts?? ha ha...Belichick prolly fosen't even know where Canada is...jk? my understanding was that he was signed though to 2006 after the two year extension he got in '03... hey, I am a disciple...I even got the boys on the slow pitch team drinking the kool-Aid in the playoffs....

I think Troy should come back....is my favorite patriot...then Faulk....then Brady...then the pepsi machine....who has got hands...I smell second receiver status...

PATSNUTme said:
You got sucked in by the "headline", I understand that.

A little advise though, make sure you have all the fact before you post anything about BB. You don't want to get on the bad side of the Kool Aid Choir.

I don't have a bad side Nut, I am just sick of media driven CONTROVERSY, that intelligent Patriots fans are buying into!!

BB is 53 or 54 years old and been a football coach his entire adult life and has been a football nut since he was 11 years old. Why would he stop now? No kids at home to raise. What else would he do? I'd gues he'll be around another 10 years.

That report did not say he signed a extention... Still I think it will be annoucned and I think he signed it the same time Pioli signed his... He wont go into the season as a quote lame duck coach.... I think you will see a annoucement by training camp...

Bill's Girl said:
I don't have a bad side Nut, I am just sick of media driven CONTROVERSY, that intelligent Patriots fans are buying into!!
I thought this thread was started by HALIFAX PATS FAN?

yup, i started it

...and until i see a deal signed on the dotted line....no deal is in place...sorry I guess I am the one drinking the kool-aid here....however hopefully Bill will be back....his fingerprint is all over this organization now neways....

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
...and until i see a deal signed on the dotted line....no deal is in place...sorry I guess I am the one drinking the kool-aid here....however hopefully Bill will be back....his fingerprint is all over this organization now neways....

No offense, HPF, but did you see him sign on the dotted line last time?? He had a new extension for over a year before we found out about it. If Bob Kraft says it is so, I believe him.

The offseason is already giving me a headache.

I'd really crap myself if he left, but the only way I see him leaving is for retirement, but I have to think he still loves football and there is just no way I see him leaving the team that he won three superbowls with in four years for another one.

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
I'd really crap myself if he left, but the only way I see him leaving is for retirement, but I have to think he still loves football and there is just no way I see him leaving the team that he won three superbowls with in four years for another one.

I see the same thing. But as long as Brady and Bruschi are around, Belichick will coach and possibly revisit the idea of retirement if and when they win 10 Super Bowl Championships. Then again there could be the Vermiel burnout factor that seemingly comes out of nowhere.

Belichick stays unless Kraft sells the team to the Jacob brothers or Paul Ga$ton.

I don't see him going anywhere.....

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:

BUT.......BB may be burning out of football.......think about all he, crennel and Weis achieved.......3 SB in four years......countless records.......the only way BB leaves NE is on his terms.....if he decides he has HAD enough and needs a break......let's hope that does not happen but let's be realistic......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back