Welcome to PatsFans.com

Childern of The Book.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by abdul7, Jul 28, 2006.

1. abdul7

abdul7 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Dear friends and brothers . Some of you know me as a huge and avid fan of our Great Team, The New England Patriots. This is my first post here and probably my last in this section. No matter what i say we will differ in opinion but thats ok,, coz the whole world hasnt agreed to solve the Biggest Problem in the Middle East for over 50 years, so how are we going to now ?!! Well dear brothers i am a proud Arab who comes from The Kingdom Of Bahrain who happen to have around 500 Jews living here and proud Bahrainis i may add. My best friends in our beautiful world are not Arabs, but Christians and Jews. After all we are Childern from the same Book. What is the problem ? Simple..one word ...POLITICS ! We lived for thousand of years together. We are cousins. brothers and sisters but right now our world is run by politics and sorry to say this biased foreign policy from the United States . If the Palestine-Israel issue was solved fairly there would be no extremists, no Hamas. no Hizbollah and no Qaeada. Just think how the United States was born ? Did you not fight and kill the British ? If the Mexicans come and claim Texas as land belonging to them just over 200 years ago would you not kill for your land ? Sure you would,, the Palestine issue is getting better but not as fast as it should. They still live in camps and have hard times that i am glad now most Israelies want solved so they should live in peace next to each other. Israel will benefit greatly if they allow what is called the Oslo agreement and please dont ask me what the points are. coz too much to write and a great Israeli PM was assasinated before he could put his plans and bring peace to the region. We know why he was assasinated and why so far we havent had someone like him to follow in his steps. But we WILL have peace God Willing and will kill extremism once Palestine is solved. The United States ALWAYS vote against the UN , even if all members vote for a ceasefire the only 3 votes to abstain are the US, Israel and GB !! All 92 members are wrong but these 3 nations are correct ? A simple ceasefire and yet this Government who i am sure dont speak for the majority of US citizens decide not to vote with the rest ot the world. Democracy ? All i can say is God help us in these hard times with all these bombs and rockets killing innocent people, whether Lebanese, Israelis or who ever gets in the way all because 2 soldiers were abducted and wrongly i may say, but the response from this Israeli government given the green light from George W Bush,, is why there is so much anti-US feeling all around the world. So much destruction, so many tears. There is a Peace Train coming and we hopefully all will be on it. Soon i pray for all of us. Now all i want to do is watch the Patriots and get the update news on our players. Peace and love to all . Abdul.

2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,750 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

I look forward to seeing you someday on that peace train, Abdul, and to sit back and talk about the Patriots and their 10 Super Bowl Championships (I can dream can't I?).

By the way, there were also 8 Israeli Soldiers killed during the same Hezb Allah incursion in Israel where the 2 Soldiers were kidnapped.

My fervent desire is for there to be an immediate ceasefire from Israel after Hezb Allah is completely disarmed and disbanded out of Lebanon, followed by a massive international (including Israeli) funding of a rebuilding of Lebanon's roads, bridges, etc. Free, independent and peaceful Lebanon, Israel and Palestine living side by side and respecting each other (without hatemongers like Ahmadinejad in Iran).

As I wrote earlier, I can dream can't I?

Salaam and Shalom

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  3. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only way to end this conflict is to abolish all religion, since so many people have died in the name of religion.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That is the most insightful post I've ever seen from you, ELO. I'm serious! WOW! That's it in a nutshell!

Sorry Abdul, and god help me for saying this, but ELO's right! :eek:
    There , I said it.

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Very well said, NEM....:yeahthat:

6. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: Children of The Book.

Well, this is the first time, and perhaps the last, that I agree with all posts.
    Abdul, great post, brave words, my friend.
    Thank you.

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +728 / 11 / -7

First, Abdul, great post...

Secondly, guys... come on. We all know better than that. All the monotheisms (funny word, that one!), have seeds of both universalism and sectarianism sown into their very fabric.

I don't believe for one moment that a world of agnostics or atheists would be one iota better than the current world, populated by the various religions. We're all congenital killers -- that's the way of evolution -- and we're all trying to be something better -- that's the way of consciousness. Religions, curiously, represent the best and the worst in us.

Okay enough already. Once again, Abdul, we will all have peace one day, Inshallah :) Your post is a beautiful reminder that people everywhere, regular, every-day people, hunger for peace... when we can all live unafraid, unthreatened by our neighbor, we will all have much more to give. Your post is one little movement toward that world.

Dan

8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think religion is more of the spark over there. The fuel for this fire is the constant heat and shortage of water. If we could just invent a weather machine that dialed the temps there down to about San Diego's climate, and sprinkled in about 3,000 more lakes, that would be the end of all this fighting.

They'd still bicker over who's invisible guy up in the sky is best, but nobody'd get real pissed off.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

I have said that many times on here, nobody pays any attention to my sh!t because I'm always right, IF YOU COULD DO AWAY WITH ALL RELIGIONS AND MONEY YOU WOULD BE LIVING IN PARADISE.

THIS IS WHAT MAKES RELIGION EVIL:

"I'm right your wrong"
    "No, your wrong I'm right"

"My God is the real God"
    "No he's not, mine is"

"My God is better than your God"
    "No he's not, mine is better"

"I'll kill you"
    "No I'll kill you"

"My God told me to cut your f-cking head off"
    "Try it, my God will protect me"

"Ah ha, I cut his head off, why didn't his God help him"
    "Oh dear God"

The Mother Weeps:
    "Oh God, why did you let him cut my sons head off"
    A Voice From the heavens thunders down on the sobbing mother
    "BECAUSE YOUR SON PISSED ME OFF"

10. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

No countries, no religions, no possessions, no heaven or hell, and nothing to kill or die for. There are only people living for today, living life in peace, and sharing all the world. Imagine

11. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

If Christians, Arabs, and Jews are children of the book, I don't want to be around when these kids grow up.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unfortunately, there are large groups of Palestinians (and other Arabs/Persians) who consider the only "fair" solution to be the complete elimination of the Nation of Israel.
    Unfortuantely, no. The general population of the United States seems to have no problem letting the Mexicans take over TX, NM, AZ and CA. But that's another matter entirely.
    When the Muslims of the Middle East officially recognize Israel's right to exist, then I will advocate discussing terms of peace. Until such time, I have no problem with a country fighting for their right to exist.

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

My Gods better than your God
    My Gods better than yours
    My Gods better cause he eats Kennel Ration
    My Gods better than yours

This is Gods phone number, my minister gave it to me.
    (000) 000 0000