PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs offer GM job to Pioli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chiefs Offer Pioli GM Job

Kind of funny, another member posted that the Pats should trade Cassel for Tony Gonzales the other day. Well, maybe Cassel is going to be throwing to him.

Tony HOF and their 09 #2 in April works for me :)

Not a bad gig.

1. lots of cap room

2. low draft picks

3. young roster

4. great fan base

Tony HOF and their 09 #2 in April works for me :)

No, Cassel will be wearing a Chiefs uniform while throwing to him.
I would not give the Chiefs a #2 for a guy who's at the end of his career.
Pioli would have the Chiefs tending in a very short time. Look at Atlanta, and the Chiefs might be a better team then Atlanta was last year.

I think it will be more like Hunt being willing (and able) to best any Pats offer.

It this were MLS I would give Clark the benefit of the doubt but being that this is the NFL I'd go with Kraft on this one. Why wouldn't the Founder, Chairman & CEO of The Kraft Group, a diversified holding company with assets in paper & packaging, sports & entertainment and also the largest shareholder of Carmel Container Systems LTD, Israel's largest packaging plant, be able to better any deal offered by Hunt?? Btw, I don't think money will be the deciding factor.

I also don't see anything on that link that would lead me to believe that the Chiefs have actually offered their GM job to Pioli. Even if they do, it doesn't mean he will accept. Let's allow this thing to play out before we say bye-bye and thanks to SP.

Pioli would have the Chiefs tending in a very short time. Look at Atlanta, and the Chiefs might be a better team then Atlanta was last year.

Think you misunderstood. Gonzales and the Chiefs #2 which is #34 pick, for Cassel.
DW Toys

No, I had said the Chiefs 2 and Gonzo for Cassel.....................

Last edited:

Caution - not a news source, but some kind of fan stuff on arrowheadpride.

Pioli!! As perchiefsblog.kansascity.com - Arrowhead Pride
Okay gang, as many of you know I still have friends at the highest level in the Chiefs organization and have this info to share with full confidence: Scott Pioli is the new GM. His announcement will come Thursday or Friday at the latest. Clark and Scott are working out the finer points of his contract tonight, but the deal is sealed. Also, Clark informed Herm Edwards and his coaching staff that they will be released. All assistants can reapply through Scott.

I got a bad feeling when I read that Pioli's wife is from Kansas and she has relatives living in the state. Otherwise, from the Pats to the Chiefs?

WHAT????!!!

Pioli's wife is Bill Parcells' daughter. Bill Parcells ain't from kansas. he's got Jersey blood through and through.

WHAT????!!!

Pioli's wife is Bill Parcells' daughter. Bill Parcells ain't from kansas. he's got Jersey blood through and through.
Dallas was born in Wichita and has family there...

I don't know if Pioli will trade for Cassel but he'll certainly be there to pick up a LOT of the guys we reluctantly cut. Thigpen wasn't too good overall last year but he had enough flashes that they could go with him one more year to take another look along with a mid round draft pick.

I don't know if Pioli will trade for Cassel but he'll certainly be there to pick up a LOT of the guys we reluctantly cut. Thigpen wasn't too good overall last year but he had enough flashes that they could go with him one more year to take another look along with a mid round draft pick.
KC is in great shape for making a bid for Cassel:

-- 3rd overall - they keep and use.
-- #34 overall - offer it to NE for starters, they can mix in a combination of Day Two and 2010 picks as needed to tempt the Pats.
-- Trade Brody Croyle to a QB needy team.

Herm to be replaced by McDaniels

Thigpen to be replaced by Cassel

All the pieces are coming together now

Yup, exactly what I was thinking.

It'd be funny if that were to really happen and we get some high draft picks in return for Cassel. Imagine the hate and conspicracy theories other teams' fans are going to have.:D

Also, I read some ESPN article that mentioned that Larry Johnson could be on the move this offseason and one of the possible landing areas is NE. What if....:p

I'm not an (insert famous actor,scientist,expert,doctor,lawyer et al) but I play one on internet message boards...

Last edited:
A poster mentioned that Scott Pioli's is from Kansas. I was under the impression that Pioli's wife is Bill Parcells daughter (who I think, may have grown up in the NJ area). Am I wrong?

A poster mentioned that Scott Pioli's is from Kansas. I was under the impression that Pioli's wife is Bill Parcells daughter (who I think, may have grown up in the NJ area). Am I wrong?
Dallas Parcells Pioli was born in Wichita, KS. I suspect a bio of her papa puts him on a college coaching staff around that time frame.

Heck yes it does: He played LB for U of Wichita (later Wichita State) and was on their coaching staff in 1965 before going to Army.

I can't imagine Clark Hunt will, after looking at the Chiefs the past two seasons, make this a deal breaker either. He's previously said he will ultimately make the decision on Edwards but some reports say he isn't likely to saddle a GM with a coach he doesn't want.
Report: Chiefs Offer Pioli GMJob - Arrowhead Pride

I think this would be the only sticking point for Pioli: Would he have final say over coach, or does he have to go to Clark and make the case, so Clark can decide. If Scott doesn't have that say, Clark could turn down Pioli's first choice, sticking Pioli with someone he didn't necessarily want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes