PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs getting cold feet with Matt Cassel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can all agree that Cassel, IF he starts will not get KC to 11 wins this year - 11 Losses is more likely to this young but upcoming team in years down the road.

Lin Dawson and Hank Stram in their prime couldnt get this Chiefs team to 10 wins in 2009 .... 5-11 is my guess,Pioli,just like Cassel will learn that life without Belichick is no bed of roses.

KC will have a poor team. It is seems likely that at least one team will still think that Cassel is worth a 5-year, $21M contract.

KC will have a poor team. It is seems likely that at least one team will still think that Cassel is worth a 5-year, $21M contract.

Unless Cassel has an above average year (not spectacular, but not unremarkable), the only teams that would remotely give him that amount are KC or Denver. His value will be pretty low though if he doesn't. I can't see him getting a 5 year deal for a substandard year either. You don't give a five year deal to a guy who has had one good year with a stacked offense round him. Also, even if he got $21 million over 5 years, I doubt a lot of it was guaranteed. Like Derek Anderson, much of the money would be tied to roster bonuses so the team could cut bait quickly if he didn't improve.

Again, many teams have doubts about Cassel to begin with and anything less than a good season will add more doubts to GMs throughout the league. Even if McDaniels was still interested, he isn't going to pay Cassel well about market value if there is no value for the guy. Only KC and Denver wanted him in the first place, why would there be more interest in the guy if he has a mediocre year?

Last edited:
Because the reason no one was interested is that Cassel was under a $14M contract for 2009 and that any team that wanted him would need to surrender a #34 or better.

After this season, Cassel will NOT cost someone a top draft pick and $14M for one year's services.

Let's be real here. If the only teams insterested are KC and Denver, then Cassel is just a figment of the patriot system and hype, and we were very lucky to get the 34th pick.

Only KC and Denver wanted him in the first place, why would there be more interest in the guy if he has a mediocre year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back