PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs' fans react to Pioli hiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Fans react to Pioli hiring - Kansas City Star

“Hooray. I was pretty excited. Time for a change. I like it. It’s exciting. It’s actually news worth reading. Everybody seemed to say he was the best guy for it, and we got the best guy.”

| Jon Arnsmeyer, 25, Olathe

“It depends on what we do with the coaching. Are we going to keep Herm? Are we going to get rid of Herm? I think it’s time for a change there, too.”

| Tracey Zahn, 36, Kansas City

“I was hoping that would happen. I gave up my season tickets two years (ago). I might get them back if you get a general manager that does what it takes to win. Just the reputation he’s got and coming from that type of successful organization … evidently, that’s been so successful up there that I think they can’t lose giving him a chance.”

| Mike Waddell, 53, Gladstone

Last edited:
On some of the other boards I visit (yes, they exist ;)), the reaction has been near-orgasmic. From some of them, you'd think the Chiefs just won the Super Bowl.

If I recall correctly lots of folks in beantown were near-orgasmic when Bill Parcells was hired myself included.

This hire gives them real hope that the team will have a positive direction. Much like BP did for us.

Nothing like a 3 time Super Bowl Champ coming in to GM the franchise to re-engerize the fan base.

Too bad they can't sell Pioli jerseys. They'd make a killing

Pioli has done a great job in working with BB and the Pats. That said, I'm still waiting for a departed member of the Pats organization to have success running their own show for more than a season. Weis, RAC, Mangini haven't done it. Dimitroff had success in year one, but so did Mangini. Let's see where the Falcons are in 5 years.

The Pats success is credited #1 to BB. There simply is not a better football mind in the game today. Go read Education of a Coach and find another football person that has had the history BB has. You won't find one. Working for 3, 5, 10 years under BB isn't going to turn anyone into BB.

Good for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Who knows....maybe they'll be the next Indianapolis in the AFC.

The scouting/player/personnel/ coaching all go hand in hand.
The Chiefs will need to assimilate a good coaching staff or get an excellent head coach to work with Scott to finds the needs and the best available FA's and draft picks.

This is a good beginning for the organization but the second piece needed would be a solid coach or good coaching coord's.

i guess denver and kc are under the spygate umbrella now. :D

On some of the other boards I visit (yes, they exist ;)), the reaction has been near-orgasmic. From some of them, you'd think the Chiefs just won the Super Bowl.

After 20 years of Carl Peterson you would be orgasmic too.

And to think last year those same KC fans where calling him a cheater and that could be said for the Denver fans as well with McDaniels. Everyone is looking for some of that Patriot magic to rub off on their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes