PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs fans cheered Matt Cassel's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, a certain fanbase just passed Philly as worst on my list.

While watching the game, I thought that it seemed like they were cheering for Brady Quinn--who a lot of them apparently think is better than Cassel--rather than cheering the injury. If they were cheering the injury, though, then that's ridiculous. Leave that crap to Jets fans.

Kansas City is a sleeper for the douchiest sports city in the country. This isn't the first time KC fans have acted like children.

3 minutes reading chiefsplanet.com will support this premise. That place is an interesting combination of stupid and venomous that you don't see very often.

Last edited:
Cassell sucks and was a one year wonder with a team coming off a 18-1 season,I knew he would struggle pretty bad after he left.

It's the Brady Quinn show now, but my money is on Ricky Stanzi starting by season's end

Cassel got $64M for this?.....and now I hear Pioli's job is in jeopardy

Pioli's job deserves to be in jeopardy. Cassel doesn't suck, he's had the life sucked out of him (not to mention had the **** beat out of him) because Pioli totally mismanaged his solo build. Starting with hiring the golf pro as his HC. Then bringing in Charlie and RAC to try and salvage a bad situation only to have Charlie bolt because he couldn't work with the golf pro, either. Athough in his one year back Cassel went to the pro bowl. Now he's made the mistake of making RAC a HC again and RAC has made the mistake of remaining the DC and they're on their 4th OC and it's Daboll who couldn't fend off Josh here.

Matt was never Tom. Nobody is Tom. Cassel was an above average starter and those guys can't overcome being on badly coached or managed teams. Or teams decimated by injury as KC has been over the last couple of seasons.

KC fans are also idiots who deserve what they've gotten. They've hated Pioli and Cassel since the day they landed in KC because they somehow delusionally believed they were poised for greatness prior to Herm and his collection of misfits being kicked to the curb. They've never supported them and had more affection for the golf pro.

All Pioli's managed to prove in the last 4 years however is he's nothing absent Belichick.

The only successful branch on Bill's tree through no fault of his is Dimetroff - because he took what he learned in NE and then adapted different philosophies and convictions he has his own courage of and developed his own program and philosophy that isn't remotely identical to what NE did. He didn't just try to become NE South. Because unless you have Brady fall in your lap in the 6th and you have the cache of a SB ring two years in you're not going to be successful trying to replicate what Bill has been able to do here.

Kansas City is a sleeper for the douchiest sports city in the country. This isn't the first time KC fans have acted like children.

They're actually one of the classiest fan bases in the NFL.

Some bad apples in every town.

Last edited:

Quinn, who was 3 of 3 for 32 yards passing on his only series, was greeted by applause from Kansas City fans when he entered the game. Some had paid for a banner to be flown behind a plane before the game asking for Cassel to be benched - and for Chiefs ownership to fire general manager Scott Pioli, the architect of a team that can't stop beating itself.

Yeah, real classy fanbase.

Ravens vs. Chiefs - 2012-10-07 - NFL Football Score - SI.com

Watched bits and pieces of that game, his receivers weren't doing him any favors. I'd be surprised if Brady Quinn has sustained success with that lot.

Eric Winston blasts Chiefs fans over Matt Cassel injury - NFL.com
When somebody gets hurt, there are long-lasting ramifications to the game we play, long-lasting ramifications to the game we play. I've already kinda come to the understanding that I won't live as long because I play this game, and that's OK, that's a choice I've made and a choice all of us have made.

But when you cheer, when you cheer somebody getting knocked out, I don't care who it is, and it just so happened to be Matt Cassel -- it's sickening. It's 100 percent sickening. I've been in some rough times on some rough teams, I've never been more embarrassed in my life to play football than in that moment right there.

I have no idea who Eric Winston is, but I like him a lot right now.

Last edited:
The way its going,we may be hearing this in 6 months....

With the 1st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft,the KC Chiefs select Matt Barkley from USC

i was there, they do hate him...

but to cheer that? and its not even like its Cassel's faults that much, his WR's would simply let balls go b/w their hands, and get tipped up for INT's

i mean hes not a superstar, but his offensive cast of weapons isnt that great, and that offense gave the ball away over and over again

i wish it was like that man, but the people i talked to all seemed like good people, nice and all, but they DID cheer for Cassel going down, and it was not just a few of them it was a large majority

it was so sad to hear

While watching the game, I thought that it seemed like they were cheering for Brady Quinn--who a lot of them apparently think is better than Cassel--rather than cheering the injury. If they were cheering the injury, though, then that's ridiculous. Leave that crap to Jets fans.

I think you're right about this.

If anyone should be to blame, it should be Pioli.

As in Kansas City. I merely missed the City off. If you knew us North-West English folk, you'd know why too ;)

But there are two Kansas Cities. One in Missouri and one in Kansas... So you have to make the distinction there also..

Re: Chiefs fans cheered Matt Cassels injury

I think part of the problem for Cassel is that he's expected to be more than he is. Cassel reminds me some of the QBs the Pats had in the doldrum years before they got Bledsoe.

The KC O-line took a huge hit when they lost their center, Hudson. Their back up is not great. If I was them, I'd see if I couldn't pry McDonald from us, though I doubt the Pats would trade him.

That being said, KC has a ton of talent of offense with Bowe, Charles, Baldwin, Breaston, McClusker, Copper, and Moeki. There really isn't a reason that Cassel shouldn't be tearing it up unless there isn't the chemistry there. And we all know that chemistry can play a big part in how good a QB looks.

Calling for Pioli to be fired is just silly on the part of KC fans. You can't blame Pioli for Berry and Moeki being gone last year. And it's not like Pioli is the one on the field not making plays..

I never wish injury to any player of any team, but if gary guyton had pulled a hamstring i would have been pretty happy. I can't lie that I hated his game that much. So I can understand a chief fan's feelings whether that is messed up or not.

I think part of the problem for Cassel is that he's expected to be more than he is. Cassel reminds me some of the QBs the Pats had in the doldrum years before they got Bledsoe...

This is a roundabout way of saying the obvious---he sucks, hard.

Almost as bad as fans nominating a player on a rival team who almost killed a member of their own team for their team's Hall of Fame...

chiefs fans have never been considered classy , just looking at their forums shows that

but they have always been dedicated to selling out arrowhead

but yeah, cheering for an injury is pretty damn pathetic

There's a bit of a sickness that's set in among the Chiefs fans. They've hated Cassel because they wanted Sanchez, but the team chose not to draft a QB in the first round. The irony is that Cassel's been better than Sanchez, and the team was able to use the first round pick on another player while only giving up a 2nd for Cassel and Vrabel, but the well's so poisoned that it doesn't matter.

Almost as bad as fans nominating a player on a rival team who almost killed a member of their own team for their team's Hall of Fame...

I was thinking the same thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye