PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chiefs cut loose Vince Redd [Update: Suspended 4 games too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Chiefs cut loose Vince Redd

Still never got all the hype about this guy. Looks like his NFL career is probably done. You don't get cut twice from two different clubs before cutdown day in one preseason and go far anywhere else.

I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things when I saw Redd, this giant that towered over everybody, outrun everyone on the field for a tackle on special teams. I think that's why he was on the team for so long. He makes your eyes pop out and your jaw drop.

In his release from the Patriots Belichick noted that, after a full year+ in the system, he wasn't progressing from college DE to 3-4 OLB, although he did have the size and speed. He suggested that he might be a better fit in another system.

Somewhat strange that KC picked him up, given the hope for a similar defense.

But a more classic 4-3 team might be a better spot for him.

What system? The Bengals?

BB was being kind. No need to trample on the grave. He just didn't have "it"

Interesting that while here...and I assume had problems...none of this came out....once gone from KC...it did...interesting...

patchick;1470867 [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/11/AR2006041101556.html said:
U-Va. Athletes Charged After Fracas at Frat - washingtonpost.com[/url]
[/I]

Ahhh - memories of B&E's at the old U. Cherish them... always..

'85 Grad UVA

I'm stealing from whywerule on another board:

I enjoyed the comment below made by a Chiefs fan, with regards to Redd, on PFT.

Quote:
I think if you can't make the Chiefs 75 man roster you should be suspended for a full year.

The hype is the phenomenal athleticism that got him a scholarship, NFL contract, etc. Not enough of course, even with big time collegiate productivity (Chad Jackson).

I don't get why Chad Jackson keeps getting brought up like this.

The kid blew his knee out as a rookie and never got the speed/agility back. Its a completely different situation.

If the suspension is four games then it most likely is for a failed drug test. Most other infractions would only be one game, or it would have been for an off the field issue (arrest) that was publicly known.

A great opportunity for this guy-squandered. I wouldn't be surprised if he's used up all of his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back