PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

@Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I guess the Bears fans are flooding this place. Honestly, I think you'll be surprised by the difference between the last field you played on, and soldier field. I've had arguments with people in my unit about why Michael Vick wasn't going to be spectacular, citing the grass as a good reason; once they watched the game, they knew what i was talking about. Of course, Tom Brady isn't Michael Vick, and Bill Belichick PROBABLY has some gameplan in store. I really hope the Bears win for bragging rights, but honestly it's a total tossup. You guys are probably gonna get to cutler at least 3 times, and he'll do his 1-3 BAD throws a game. I think the game may depend on how that goes, or how Chicago comes back from the initial horrible o-line play.... No score prediction here, but it better be more interesting than the Jets Pats game lol

Listen to this guy. You are pretty big headed for a cheese head. Rodgers is like Romo, big #'s in the regular season but won't do anything in the postseason. That is guaranteed. We whooped your *** in Soldier Field and we are going to do it in Lame Blow as well. Have fun sitting on those benches, frickin' lame-o's. Who sits on benches at NFL games? Joliet is bigger than Green Bay and that's a suburb of Chicago in case you didn't know. Your town needs players to ride on little kid's handle bars at training camp because if they didn't, those kids would become Bear fans.

Your team is nothing this year. Clearly, Rodgers likes Cutler a lot because Cutler is mentoring Aaron's little brother at Vanderbilt in the off-season but there is no love lost between you cheese heads and us big, bad Bear fans. Scram. This is grown up discussion.

unpreDITKAble, Bearstuff, Henry Burris and Nintari... you guys seem to be pretty high class bears fans. I went to the Sep 27 game at Soldier Field and came away fairly impressed with the classiness of the Bears fans in general (other than a few who got a bit ****y after the game).

As far as the bears season, I have to disagree that the Bears are for real. I don't blame you for saying otherwise, or what kind of fans would you be (I'd do the same). The Bears have lucked into a few wins though. In the Packer game, the Packers outgained them by 100 yards, but committed 18 penalties for 152 yards. You're not going to get 152 yards off of penalties every game. You got the Packers at the right time. Football Outsiders have the Bears ranked at #18, where the Patriots are at #1, and the Packers are at #4. These are non-subjective rankings, and not someone's opinion.

Curious George... first of all, to say that Rodgers isn't good in the post-season, means that you obviously didn't watch last year's playoff game (you were probably getting drunk off your Vodka cuz you were pissed that the bear's season was done after week 17) Rodgers' line from that game 423yds/4TD/1INT. As far as the Bears-Packers game, winning by 3 points off a last second field goal isn't whooping much of anything... if fact using your logic (???) since its soooo hard to play in Soldier Field, accounting for home field advantage, we should beat your team by about 30 points in 4 weeks.

you're just that crazy delusional homer who can't hold anything resembling an intelligent conversation. Instead you take pot shots at my team's city, bleachers (I like the bleachers) and traditions... Well we also have a tradition of playing this song when the bears come to town

Last edited:
I will say, that the Bears fans are somewhat right about the field. The Soldier Field turf has been like a mini jungle. They kept it very long, and it gets abused through the season with other events taking place at Soldier Field as well. BUT, a quick google search shows that they just re-sodded the field... so those Patriots receivers will have a fresh surface to run all over the place on. Here is a picture of the field from about a week ago. You can see the old end zone turf looks pretty beat up, but the new stuff won't be quite as bad.
58022772.jpg

Last edited:
unpreDITKAble, Bearstuff, Henry Burris and Nintari... you guys seem to be pretty high class bears fans. I went to the Sep 27 game at Soldier Field and came away fairly impressed with the classiness of the Bears fans in general (other than a few who got a bit ****y after the game).

As far as the bears season, I have to disagree that the Bears are for real. I don't blame you for saying otherwise, or what kind of fans would you be (I'd do the same). The Bears have lucked into a few wins though. In the Packer game, the Packers outgained them by 100 yards, but committed 18 penalties for 152 yards. You're not going to get 152 yards off of penalties every game. You got the Packers at the right time. have the Bears ranked at #18, where the Patriots are at #1, and the Packers are at #4. These are non-subjective rankings, and not someone's opinion.

Curious George... first of all, to say that Rodgers isn't good in the post-season, means that you obviously didn't watch last year's playoff game (you were probably getting drunk off your Vodka cuz you were pissed that the bear's season was done after week 17) Rodgers' line from that game 423yds/4TD/1INT. As far as the Bears-Packers game, winning by 3 points off a last second field goal isn't whooping much of anything... if fact using your logic (???) since its soooo hard to play in Soldier Field, accounting for home field advantage, we should beat your team by about 30 points in 4 weeks.

you're just that crazy delusional homer who can't hold anything resembling an intelligent conversation. Instead you take pot shots at my team's city, bleachers (I like the bleachers) and traditions... Well we also have a tradition of playing this song when the bears come to town[/URL]

While this guy does appear to have some sort of lack of common sense going, I do have to say that those 'rankings' mean little to nothing.

The team that takes the field will be the team that has been playing as of late. Those stats include the abysmal start the Bears had before the by week. If they played like they are for the entire season, there's a very good chance they'd be 11-1 right now. Now, that good of a record is because of the schedule they've played. But nonetheless, its still a quality team that you're highly depreciating the value of with some of those statements.

It doesn't account for the Packers lack of running game, or the Patriots tendency to run up the score when they're ahead. While both very good teams, they have their flaws just like the Bears do.

Basically, if both teams come to play this weekend, it'll be a great game and likely a close one.

What kind of world are we living where Bears fans and Packers fans are arguing with one another on a Pats fans forum!? ;)

Welcome to all. Enjoy your stay.

While this guy does appear to have some sort of lack of common sense going, I do have to say that those 'rankings' mean little to nothing.

The team that takes the field will be the team that has been playing as of late. Those stats include the abysmal start the Bears had before the by week. If they played like they are for the entire season, there's a very good chance they'd be 11-1 right now. Now, that good of a record is because of the schedule they've played. But nonetheless, its still a quality team that you're highly depreciating the value of with some of those statements.

It doesn't account for the Packers lack of running game, or the Patriots tendency to run up the score when they're ahead. While both very good teams, they have their flaws just like the Bears do.

Basically, if both teams come to play this weekend, it'll be a great game and likely a close one.

Obviously, you have to look at outlying circumstances... for example, FO doesn't take into account how a roster has changed due to injury. It also wouldn't show if a team has turned a corner, like whats happening with the Cowboys for example. It would however take into account the lack of the Packers running game because that does affect the total offensive numbers. The Patriots running up the score shouldn't affect the numbers at all since they're still running plays that the defense is trying to stop. If anything not running up the score would throw off the numbers.

Of course they beat a pretty good Eagles team at home, but a 5 game win streak including the Bills, Lions, Vikings and Dolphins doesn't impress me when most of those wins are only by a few points. Beat the good teams on the road and blow out the bad teams and then maybe I'd be convinced. The best team the bears have beat on the road is the Dolphins (against their 3rd string QB). The biggest point differential they've had in a single game is 17 against Carolina. To compare apples to apples, New England has beat the Chargers and Steelers on the road and they've had point differentials of 27, 21 and 42 (Dolphins, Lions and Jets). Packers have beat the Eagles and Jets on the road and had point differentials of 27, 38, 28 and 18 (Bills, Cowboys, Vikings and 49ers). When I look at what the bears have done, they have most of their wins by 7 points or less.

What kind of world are we living where Bears fans and Packers fans are arguing with one another on a Pats fans forum!? ;)

Welcome to all. Enjoy your stay.

Lets just say we love to hate each other. When I joined this board before the season, (thinking I'd be making the trip to Foxboro... I instead made the trip to Chicago... you know money being tight and all), I didn't think I'd have set all these Bears fans in their place. I get enough practice in the non-digital world as well, as I work with three bears fans.

Um, you do realize those were holding and pass interference penalties, right? No argument that you guys got more yardage than us, but those penalties were not because of technicalities, but because they couldn't stop our DE's and our WR's. Hopefully the next game is not marred by penalties on either side and just won flat out. BUT that we can talk about on another board, here I want to say I can't wait for the Bears Patriots game. I can understand why some of you might not think the Bears are "for real", but I'd just point to the Bucs who were 7-3 at the same time we were, and then were beaten by two good teams; The Bears' test was supposed to be the Eagles, but people want to give Mike Vick more credit than he deserves (we were playing prevent D after going up 31-13, obviously if it got actually close again, the D would've stepped up), and now we're still looked at as posers. I think we will see this weekend that neither team is a poser (calling out NYJ) and it'll be a fun and heart attack enducing affair.

Had to register to offer my own thoughts on this game - Bears fan here.

First off, the Patriots are a very good team. No one is confused about that. Bears fans aren't confused about that and all of you Pats fans aren't confused about it (obviously).

That said, the Bears are a very good team whether you Pats fans want to acknowledge that or not. We are coached well, we have a great D, Great special teams and a... acceptable offense.

This game could be a rout but it could also be very close, despite how smug a lot of people are around here.

A few specific points - to whoever is trying to say the NE tight ends are total beastmode - that may be the case but rest assured neither of them are even close to being household names like say a Clark, Witten, or Finley. They just aren't, so you can come off that.

Next, the Bears have made a concerted effort to move to small ball. This means No more 7 step drops. No more bombs (maybe 1 to stretch the field), lots of quick slants and lots of running plays (outside sweeps). This also means that Cutler is not going to get sacked as much as he did earlier this year and he isn't going to throw games with 3 or 4 picks. This doesn't mean he will be perfect with no turnovers, but it is unlikely anyone will get a melt down out of Jay this week. I suppose, if you guys have a corner who is really good at jumping slants, there could be some turnovers there. I don't know - do you guys have a corner like that? Obviously this change was made due to our O-Line struggles. Take that for what you will.

As far as the defense goes, the Bears team defense is fast. They don't care if teams get yards underneath or short and outside. This is exploitable, but basically the Pats will need to win the third down battle to have a shot this game. I am pretty sure you guys will win this battle, but that is the requirement. There will probably not be a ton of big plays.

Our secondary is not nearly so questionable as it was last year - Daniel manning at free safety after being moved around for 3 years is settled. He is one of our best athletes and he is playing ok. So is Chris Harris. Tillman is old and kinda sucks at breaking up passes but he has the best Ball Punch in the league. Our other corner back will be probably Jennings who is a young guy I don't have a good feel for.

Our DLine is also revitalized as Peppers is making plays each and every game. It isn't about sacks - peppers drops into coverage. He breaks up passes. And most importantly, he draws the double team so Israel can make plays in the interior.

All that said, The bears know how to give relative no names Career days, so I don't see the lack of marquee players on the Pats as a good thing for the bears.

Finally, our turf blows. I mean it's really bad. Opposing teams hate it, we hate it. There will be slips either on the O side or D side that lead to big plays - mark my words. This is actually a benefit to Johnny Knox, our, i guess, best receiver as he is able to make corners slip when he makes his cuts a lot of times.

Anyhow, I think it will be a great game (I hope it is) and no Bears fans are expecting this to be a big win or easy. Hopefully my post gets some Pats fans up to speed on the traits of our team outside of the stuff you already know (Cutler, oline trouble, linebackers) going into this game. I don't know much about your team so I don't have many thoughts about your side other than you have a HOF QB and that counts for a lot.

Thanks.

Obviously, you have to look at outlying circumstances... for example, FO doesn't take into account how a roster has changed due to injury. It also wouldn't show if a team has turned a corner, like whats happening with the Cowboys for example. It would however take into account the lack of the Packers running game because that does affect the total offensive numbers. The Patriots running up the score shouldn't affect the numbers at all since they're still running plays that the defense is trying to stop. If anything not running up the score would throw off the numbers.

Of course they beat a pretty good Eagles team at home, but a 5 game win streak including the Bills, Lions, Vikings and Dolphins doesn't impress me when most of those wins are only by a few points. Beat the good teams on the road and blow out the bad teams and then maybe I'd be convinced. The best team the bears have beat on the road is the Dolphins (against their 3rd string QB). The biggest point differential they've had in a single game is 17 against Carolina. To compare apples to apples, New England has beat the Chargers and Steelers on the road and they've had point differentials of 27, 21 and 42 (Dolphins, Lions and Jets). Packers have beat the Eagles and Jets on the road and had point differentials of 27, 38, 28 and 18 (Bills, Cowboys, Vikings and 49ers). When I look at what the bears have done, they have most of their wins by 7 points or less.

Obviously, I have to disagree. That whole stat sheet seems like a joke (Packers D at #3? REALLY?). I have a whole rant I could go on, but this is the internet, so its not really worth it or could I get anything positive from it. I came on this forum to get a feeling of what Patriots fan thought about this, not some biased Packers fan.

Obviously, I have to disagree. That whole stat sheet seems like a joke (Packers D at #3? REALLY?). I have a whole rant I could go on, but this is the internet, so its not really worth it or could I get anything positive from it. I came on this forum to get a feeling of what Patriots fan thought about this, not some biased Packers fan.

I guess I didn't come here either to debate with Bears fans... I thought I was going to come here and give my two cents on what I thought of the Bears (more for the Pats fans obviously) since I've seen a good number of the Bears' games.

And don't underestimate the Packers' D. They are very solid at all units. They've given up quite a few rushing yards early in the season when they had injury issues with their D-line (they were down to 2 healthy D-lineman in one game). Otherwise they've given up a league best 15.2 ppg, they're 3rd in the league league in sacks, 5th in INT's.

Great post, and thanks for salvaging us Bear fans! :cheers:

I'd love to invite any/all over to Dabears.com. I've run it past Ian to mention our site. We've got a good site with good football talk. Some homers, but not as bad as the Bears official site.

Looking forward to any insight you guys wish to share over there. As for my contribution (in the same vein) here, I started a thread called "Salute" in the New member forum that goes over details of our Oline (the crux of our season).

I signed up as SuperPats. Just waiting activation.

Welcome to the board!

Had to register to offer my own thoughts on this game - Bears fan here.

First off, the Patriots are a very good team. No one is confused about that. Bears fans aren't confused about that and all of you Pats fans aren't confused about it (obviously).

That said, the Bears are a very good team whether you Pats fans want to acknowledge that or not. We are coached well, we have a great D, Great special teams and a... acceptable offense.

I don't think you'll see many people on here who don't acknowledge that.

As far as the bears season, I have to disagree that the Bears are for real. I don't blame you for saying otherwise, or what kind of fans would you be (I'd do the same). The Bears have lucked into a few wins though. In the Packer game, the Packers outgained them by 100 yards, but committed 18 penalties for 152 yards. You're not going to get 152 yards off of penalties every game. You got the Packers at the right time. have the Bears ranked at #18, where the Patriots are at #1, and the Packers are at #4. These are non-subjective rankings, and not someone's opinion.

you're just that crazy delusional homer who can't hold anything resembling an intelligent conversation. Instead you take pot shots at my team's city, bleachers (I like the bleachers) and traditions...

Another Bear fan here. I saw your earlier post on the Bears and "lucking" into some wins. It's fair criticism.

That said, can't similar things be said about the 8-4 Packers or the 9-3 Jets? For example, the Packers got to play Philly before Vick ever got rolling. They also played Buffalo went Trent Edwards was there. You lost to the same Washington team we did, as well as Miami. Yes, the Bears have beat medicore teams, but so have the Packers---Minny, Dallas, Detroit, San Fran, etc. The 9-3 Jets haven't beat that many exciting teams either. Their first win against the Pats is their only signature win.

Maybe the Bears aren't for real, but any fan could use the same logic you did and apply it to the Packers, Jets, Jaguars, Saints, Giants, etc. You could find some things wrong with any of those teams and say they aren't for real.

But the Saints have close wins too. Only beat Dallas by a few, only beat the Bengals by a few. Jets have had close wins.

And the Packers only got those huge differentials against: 1) A team with Trent Edwards, 2) two teams in the midst of a soap opera with media drama and coaches about to get fired, and 3) a banged up San Fran that has had to alternate between the two Smiths and didn't have Gore.

Hi Pats Nation. I joined to rep CHI since some of the other CHI posters seem a bit off.
1. Here's to an injury free hard fought game!
2. You fans have a great team led by this years MVP. Vick was supposed to be the MVP but we smashed him pretty badly. I would much rather see Brady win it; not only is he a better candidate statistically, but he is a better man. I am glad Vick got smashed. You may think it was a 31-26 game but the Eagles were down 31-13 with 9min left and we started running the clock out and they scored that TD in garbage time because of it. Just because we do not get a lot of sacks doesn't mean we don't pressure. Pep leads the leauge in pressures, and if you think sacks are the only barometer of a DE, you need to learn more.
3. I predicted the Bears would win 11 games during the preseaon when our line was getting Jay demolished, but I still think Brady and this O-line is our toughest challenge and I did not predict a Bear win. The only way we win is if all 3 phases have success, maybe just 2, but the offense has to be one. If Jay has a 100+ passer rating he is unbeatable. Don't believe me? Look it up. Hester or our D also must execute. Both are pretty reliable.
4. Many people think we are "lucky" to be 9-3. The only truly bizarre game was the Lions in wk 1. However, CHI has also been on the bad side of calls in our 2 home losses. In the SEA game, Manning had a KR TD nullified for a phantom block. Then vs WAS, Moore had a INT TD nullified for some absurd reason. The 2nd DET game we won hands down, the Lions had plenty of time to either stop our O or score on our D, but they are simply inferior still. The penalty was a judgement call, and if it happened to your QB you'd want it. Also it only netted 6 yds. On to the GB game, we dominated them at the line. They held Pep on every play, and we got only half of the callls. That's the truth and it's on tape. It's no conspiracy they had a million holdings and false starts. They were scared and didn't want their QB smashed.
5. That's my take on CHI, most GB fans cannot stand us because it's such a rivalry. Just wanted to intelligently defend my team. I know the Pats have a hyper talented O. It's your D who ranks 31st that CHI can take advantage of. Since the Bye the Bear offense has been very successful and Jay is a top QB on 3rd down. I think this matchup is great for both teams, but you never know when Brady is playing. Here's to what will guaranteed be an interesting game.

I'm stoaked for this match up. I hope we can force Cutler around and get him to bring out his old self; picks all over the place, dropped snaps..

Ohh I forgot to mention that in the process of being lucky, the Bear D woke up and were given top 5 in the followin categories:
Points against
Total yardage
Rushing yardage
Turnovers forced
3rd down conversions allowed %

Those elite (top 5) rankings are why CHI is "lucky". It's not like the team is good at something.

I'm stoaked for this match up. I hope we can force Cutler around and get him to bring out his old self; picks all over the place, dropped snaps..

I'm stoked too. I am sure Bb is thinking the exact same thing you are. I think Martz is a pretty tough cookie to crack though.

Another Bear fan here. I saw your earlier post on the Bears and "lucking" into some wins. It's fair criticism.

That said, can't similar things be said about the 8-4 Packers or the 9-3 Jets? For example, the Packers got to play Philly before Vick ever got rolling. They also played Buffalo went Trent Edwards was there. You lost to the same Washington team we did, as well as Miami. Yes, the Bears have beat medicore teams, but so have the Packers---Minny, Dallas, Detroit, San Fran, etc. The 9-3 Jets haven't beat that many exciting teams either. Their first win against the Pats is their only signature win.

Maybe the Bears aren't for real, but any fan could use the same logic you did and apply it to the Packers, Jets, Jaguars, Saints, Giants, etc. You could find some things wrong with any of those teams and say they aren't for real.

Your logic cant be true, because we cant beat bad teams, and we have it on good authority that BB lost the Browns game as a favor to SP, so we wouldn't look like idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back