PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

@Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will have a tough start but once in rhythm i think we will take this game! Cutler is too reckless at times and will cause a turnover or 2.

Pats 28
Bears 20

Bears have a great Defense but our offense is on fire right now!

This is a myth like dirty little leprechauns running around south Boston. Cutler's last two games:

146.2 QB Rating

&

118.9 QB Rating

It's on like Donkey Kong like your favorite player, Peyton Manning, said on a recent television blurb created in order to drum up sales.

Bear fan here and nothing like curious george (WTF is he on)?

Don't know what to think of this game. The entire NFL is kind of crazy this year. you guys destroy a Jests team that is supposed to be good, I think they are a little overhyped. You handle Pitt who I think is a better team than the Jests. But you get beat by Browns earlier in the year. Just crazy.

Sports writes do not give the Bears much credit and I can understand that. You look for signature wins and you can only point to Iggle game as one of those. The Bears seem to play to level of the competition. I don't care what the score of the Lion game was sunday, it was a road victory in the NFL.

Our o line has been inconsistent for most of the year. They have now played 5 games together (that is all) but have played better. Kruetz is overhyped at C and the rest are OK (not the Bears strong point). Martz has made adjustments and put his ego in his back pocket (for now). he has them running the ball more and he has gotten away from all the 7 step drops he had Cutler doing earlier in the year. That is when he was getting killed. There are more quick passes and dump offs. The WRs are by no means household names but they are getting it done. There is much speed there.

Defensively, I would say we are better than the Jests. Better D line and better LBs. Our secondary is suspect. Lovie can coach a good D but at times has problems making adjustments. He is too damn proud and at times sticks with the Tampon 2 to a fault. I think the D plays right into Brady's strengths. If the D line cannot get some pressure:eek:. If we can get a few hits on Brady I think that will help. Lovie can not come up with any good LB blitzes. Every now and then he will throw a good safety blitz out there.

Special teams is a big part of the Bears. It gets a lot of attention and time and that is why they are so good. That could be a turning poi nt.

If weather is as bad as they report who knows what the hell will happen.

And to the Packer fan who was saying the Bears only won because they played poorly, gee I wonder why. I think the Bears had something to do with that.

Thanks for your insights.. it helps me ponder the strategy we will bring this coming Sunday.

Ugly weather in Chitown on Sunday. The wind and windchill is going to be killer. By game time temps in the teens and windchill at zero. Nasty. I like our veteran QB and short passing game in those conditions.

Tom Brady is too pretty to walk into those conditions and survive Soldier Field. He is prettier and more dainty than my Girlfriend and she is 5 foot 2 with a body like Kelly Ripa Small waist and everything else you could possibly want in a full blooded Swedish girl. We play on Cam Frog. Anyway, Brady won't be ready for that weather...not in our house. He doesn't have Foxboro to protect him. :cool:

This is a myth like dirty little leprechauns running around south Boston. Cutler's last two games:

146.2 QB Rating

&

118.9 QB Rating

It's on like Donkey Kong like your favorite player, Peyton Manning, said on a recent television blurb created in order to drum up sales.

And the game prior, Cutler had a 64.7 rating. In fact, he's amassed ratings of

this year. Brady's only had one game where he had a rating below 70, and that was 69.5 against the Ravens.

If you're going to keep talking smack, step up your game. So far, you're the 98 pound weakling.

Tom Brady is too pretty to walk into those conditions and survive Soldier Field. He is prettier and more dainty than my Girlfriend and she is 5 foot 2 with a body like Kelly Ripa Small waist and everything else you could possibly want in a full blooded Swedish girl. We play on Cam Frog. Anyway, Brady won't be ready for that weather...not in our house. He doesn't have Foxboro to protect him. :cool:

You're right....Foxboro is obviously in the tropics :rolleyes:

I think some people are downplaying this game too much and giving Chicago too little credit. This is going to be an epic NFC/AFC showdown and possible SB preview. I know how most here feel about Cutler, but Chicago is as legitimate a SB contender as anyone else in the NFC right now. NO has been uneven at best. Green Bay is overrated and their lack of a running game will be their demise. And I think the Bears would kick the crap out of the Falcons anywhere except inside Atlanta's dome.

Obviously NE is a cold weather team, but this going to be as harsh and bruising of a game that we're likely to be in all year--in the Bears house against a defense that is as smashmouth as they come. By far the toughest game still on our schedule, maybe of the year IMO. I worry about injuries as well--that field is going to be like a frozen bog.

Can I buy you a beer, bro? Come to Chicago and I'll take you to the Pink Monkey and introduce you to all the girls. You are a wise man and there is no need to bring Frankincense or Myrrth to this party. I got you. Packers are horribly overrated and Chicago in Soldier Field is like a rabid caged animal placed next to a newly born kitten. It's over!

I just hope they dont give us a let down after such a big win in the division and then going to play an NFC game...just gotta start fast and they will be fine.

Forecast: high of 26, low of 0, 70-percent chance of snow. It's going to be nasty.

Forecast: high of 26, low of 0, 70-percent chance of snow. It's going to be nasty.

That's Bear weather, baby. Olin Kreutz and company will be ready. In case you did not know, Kreutz makes the line "GO." He is a bad man and will be ready for anything and everything. If the Patriots' D-Line doesn't start a fight with Kreutz that has to be stopped by the refs then Kreutz wins. That's his game. That's his pleasure! He's a wily ole veteran.

We drop Briggs, Urlacher, and 5 others into coverage as Julius Peppers and the Front 4 create havoc.

Briggs+Urlacher = 2
5 others
Peppers (1)
Front 4

I hope they do that a lot. I love "12 men" penalties.

But seriously, I assume you meant Peppers and the "rest of the Front 4".

No doubt he will create problems for us. The OL has been playing very well of late, but this will be quite a test.

On the other side of things, I think you are forgetting that our D does not have to face your D, but your O. Your Offensive Line currently are last on the CHFF Offensive Hogs list. If your O can't keep the D off the field, more chances for our O means more time to figure out what you are doing and adjust.

We are ready if you are ready (or even if you're not!)

May the best team win.

Can I buy you a beer, bro? Come to Chicago and I'll take you to the Pink Monkey and introduce you to all the girls. You are a wise man and there is no need to bring Frankincense or Myrrth to this party. I got you. Packers are horribly overrated and Chicago in Soldier Field is like a rabid caged animal placed next to a newly born kitten. It's over!

You are kind of entertaining, but GFY troll.

You are kind of entertaining, but GFY troll.

Why do I have to be marginalized as a troll in your mind in order for you to make sense of me? I think you are dreaming. Wake up and realize...open your eyes, you are going to lose this Sunday. Your team has no idea what kind of land mine is waiting form them in Soldier Field. It's not a Saigon jumping johnny, we are talking about a full blown WWII era jumpin jack that will blow the socks off of you and yours including Tom Brady.

Again, if the game was in New England then obviously the Patriots would win by multiple scores. But it is not...:cool:

Last edited:

Are you an idiot? Foxboro gets frigid and windy regularly around this time of year. I'm sure Brady's used to it. The real question is the over/under on how many picks Cutler is going to serve up to our defense and how bad of a job your O-Line is going to do of protecting him. :rolleyes:

Why do I have to be marginalized as a troll in your mind in order for you to make sense of me? I think you are dreaming. Wake up and realize...open your eyes, you are going to lose this Sunday. Your team has no idea what kind of land mine is waiting form them in Soldier Field. It's not a Saigon jumping johnny, we are talking about a full blown WWII era jumpin jack that will blow the socks off of you and yours including Tom Brady.

Again, if the game was in New England then obviously the Patriots would win by multiple scores. But it is not...:cool:

Can you explain why we are going to lose by multiple scores or are you just going to keep saying it over and over again with nothing to back it up?

Lmao, what a goober, he brags about vodka and pineapples, strip clubs, 'playing' on Froggy cam (whatever the hell that is) with Kelly Ripa? Or was that his imaginary girlfriend?

Reality check kid, Pats are going to crush 'Da Bears' in your 'cold' city that the Pats 'aren't used to'...

And did you say "Merked" in an earlier post, who are you? Lil' Wayne?

Grow up, come back when you can talk football, your making your fanbase look bad...:bricks:

Patriots - 27
Bears - 10

some of these remind me of those charger fans of 2006.anyone remember them ?

Can you explain why we are going to lose by multiple scores or are you just going to keep saying it over and over again with nothing to back it up?

Of course I can explain why. :Duh Emoticon: Thanks for finally asking...:sarcastic emoticon giving finger: The Bears will win because of homefield advantage and superior talent on the field. Brady is a one man show and that show will close down this Sunday on the lake front of chicago. New York is a cupcake compared to the Windy City. We are where the elite of the elite become reality whether it be Al Capone or Michael Jordan. Yeah, sure you can mention the President of the United States of America too if you want to. :rolleyes: Chitown is where it is at. Boston was cool in the 1700's but now your town is kind of lame like your team come this Sunday. Brady won't know what hit him until he sees Peppers owning him film come Monday morning. :cool:

Of course I can explain why. :Duh Emoticon: Thanks for finally asking...:sarcastic emoticon giving finger: The Bears will win because of homefield advantage and superior talent on the field. Brady is a one man show and that show will close down this Sunday on the lake front of chicago. New York is a cupcake compared to the Windy City. We are where the elite of the elite become reality whether it be Al Capone or Michael Jordan. Yeah, sure you can mention the President of the United States of America too if you want to. :rolleyes: Chitown is where it is at. Boston was cool in the 1700's but now your town is kind of lame like your team come this Sunday. Brady won't know what hit him until he sees Peppers owning him film come Monday morning. :cool:

So the basic thesis of your argument is that the Bears are going to win because Chicago is a cool city where two degenerate gamblers hung out? My mind has been blown.

Last edited:
Wow. Just...wow. Comedy post of the year?

So the basic thesis of your argument is that the Bears are going to win because Chicago is a cool city where two degenerate gamblers hung out? My mind has been blown.

Who needs a basic thesis? This is not Brown nor Yale...tsk, tsk, tsk! Patriots are about to reap what they have sewn and that ugly Christmas sweater will be completed this Sunday in Chicago. Get ready for a beat down. Bears by 3 scores, minimum. Patriots have 3 turnovers at the very least but 4 is more likely. Your supposed "weapons" are more like my 3 year old nephew with his cap gun that I just bought him. Brady, that O-line, and that is it. That is your entire offense. It is a good thing that Chicago has Julius Peppers and a wild front 4 that will pressure every snap let alone pressure in the first place. If Chicago brings Brian Urlacher, the comeback player of the year, or Lance Briggs on a blitz then I suggest Tom Brady feigns a hamstring pull. It will be curtains for him and the entire Patriot team.

I am from Chicago, a town with better Universities than Boston. Get off you high horse and take that. Take it all down. Swallow it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye