PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chicago Tribune: Greg Olsen almost became a Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read this earlier. glad we didnt take him

Thank goodness they got Gronk. Olsen might be a slightly better receiver but he's a far worse blocker.

I'd like to have Olsen and Hernandez as Patriots. That'd be a hell of a blocking TE tandem.

The Gronkowski / Olsen story is a good example of why the Patriots shouldn't be trying to trade up significantly in the draft. They're smart enough to let the draft come to them, and take advantage of other teams' anxiousness to make a "bold" move. BB knows that sometimes the really bold move is to trade down, and still get a player they want a few picks later.

Forget that.

Gronkowski is a stud and almost broke Mike Ditkas rookie TE record. Olsen got hurt in the Bears post season loss the Packers too.

I would be happy with either player... though I doubt we draft Hernandez if we had got Olsen

Forget that.

Gronkowski is a stud and almost broke Mike Ditkas rookie TE record. Olsen got hurt in the Bears post season loss the Packers too.

I don't understand why people bring injuries when it comes to talking down a player. Do you subscribe to Cris Carter's theory that good players don't get hurt or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes